Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Oct 2016]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

For the Nikhil fans among you, Rik Makarem makes his debut as Dr. Sebastian Grayling in Casualty on BBC1 this Saturday at 9:10pm.

New_Casualty_trailer_sees_Emmerdale_star_Rik_Mak.jpg

Will he be seen jogging into work in his lycra...maybe we'll get a smile out of hime some day...
    I thought I knew him. Is he one if the sweet factory crowd. Also does anyone know who was kissing at the end tonight. Kids called for Halloween and I missed it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,334 ✭✭✭.red.

I thought I knew him. Is he one if the sweet factory crowd. Also does anyone know who was kissing at the end tonight. Kids called for Halloween and I missed it

Kerry and Sam.

.red. wrote: »

Kerry and Sam.
    Wtf. Are you serious. Sam dingle ????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

She was locked and told him she loved him.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,006 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Chas is having twins in real life early 2017, wonder what way they will do her exit?

She has to be at the Robron wedding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,334 ✭✭✭.red.

Wtf. Are you serious. Sam dingle ????

Lucky Sam. They turned Kerry from a trollop into a fine lady, that costume! WOW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

The actress that plays Kerry is only 33! she looks a lot older! not sure what age she is meant to be in the show but she (the character) had her daughter (can't think of her name) very young as far as I recall.

She lives with Priya in real life

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    She has to be at the Robron wedding

This is a soap - anything could happen between now and the wedding - a massive family bust-up etc etc that would mean she won't be there - or the wedding will be timed before/after her maternity leave if they're going for the happy family wedding.....like that ever happens :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I hope the opening scene tonight is Kerry waking up on the sofa and Sam sitting beside her with a smile on his face that'll take a good surgeon to remove.

It'll make up for putting up with Micah wotsisface coming back into The Bill today as a cop and trying to believe he is a doctor in Emmerdale tonight.

The actress that plays Kerry is only 33! she looks a lot older! not sure what age she is meant to be in the show but she (the character) had her daughter (can't think of her name) very young as far as I recall.

She lives with Priya in real life

She is dating Mark Jordan (he was also in Heartbeat) who played Dan's brother

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

Kerry for Sam, yeah :p

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emmerdale/news/a812752/emmerdale-spoilers-chrissie-white-lies-exposed-diane-sugden-furious/
    Diane Sugden shows what she's made of next week as she launches a vicious hate campaign against the White family.

Diane (Elizabeth Estensen) reacts furiously when she finally hears the truth about how Andy was framed for Lawrence's shooting, which sends her on the warpath in a desperate quest to see justice done.

Still working with Robert, it's Rebecca White (Emily Head) who causes all the trouble when she tries to manipulate Lachlan into revealing where some hidden evidence is which could clear Andy's name.

Rebecca's efforts spark a nasty scuffle between her and her sister Chrissie, which doesn't end favourably for Rebecca when she ends up falling back hard and hitting her head.

Once Rebecca has regained consciousness, she decides she has nothing left to lose and heads off to the Home Farm bonfire - causing a scene by revealing how Lachlan (Thomas Atkinson) shot Lawrence and then Chrissie covered it up by framing Andy.

While this isn't exactly news to everyone, one person who is shellshocked to hear the revelation is Diane.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emmerdale/news/a812752/emmerdale-spoilers-chrissie-white-lies-exposed-diane-sugden-furious/
    Diane Sugden shows what she's made of nextgreat week as she launches a vicious hate campaign against the White family.

Diane (Elizabeth Estensen) reacts furiously when she finally hears the truth about how Andy was framed for Lawrence's shooting, which sends her on the warpath in a desperate quest to see justice done.

Still working with Robert, it's Rebecca White (Emily Head) who causes all the trouble when she tries to manipulate Lachlan into revealing where some hidden evidence is which could clear Andy's name.

Rebecca's efforts spark a nasty scuffle between her and her sister Chrissie, which doesn't end favourably for Rebecca when she ends up falling back hard and hitting her head.

Once Rebecca has regained consciousness, she decides she has nothing left to lose and heads off to the Home Farm bonfire - causing a scene by revealing how Lachlan (Thomas Atkinson) shot Lawrence and then Chrissie covered it up by framing Andy.

While this isn't exactly news to everyone, one person who is shellshocked to hear the revelation is Diane.
    Wow. Looks brilliant.

maurv1 wrote: »
    Kerry for Sam, yeah :p

Well Played!! There is so many innuendo jokes that could emanate from their liaison! For fear of crudity, I won't go there!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Poor Sammy :(.

James Hooton is a brilliant actor. IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Poor Sammy :(.

James Hooton is a brilliant actor. IMO.

Agreed. He plays the simpleton so well, its always a shock when you hear him speak in real life. And when you compare Sam with similar characters in other soaps (Kirk in Corrie for example) he's miles better than the rest of them and a million times more likeable. Sam's huff over Cain leaving last week was fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Absolutely. I remember seeing him interviewed at a charity cycle that Emmerdale were doing, and I had to have a second look at the tv before realising it was Sam. I love him and Cain in scenes together.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Hooton wears those possibly non prescription glasses sometimes to take him out of character. I know some actors do. He also has a ver distinctive look onscreen and seems to use varied facial features, open mouth and crooked lips to bring himself into character or how he walks as Sam Dingle, slumped shoulders and back.
    Off screen he has very different facial features, if you get me and carries himself, body wise, differently. . non slumped back and shoulders.

And of course the voice, accent and words he uses are obviously differently!!

Cracking missus also!! (In 3rd photo, second photo he is with actress that played Rachel)

latest?cb=20120202162045

hqdefault.jpg

landscape-1450116054-james-hooton-ok-magazine.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

Cracking missus also!! (In 3rd photo, second photo he is with actress that played Rachel)

Wow, if I'd seen that while flicking through a magazine I never would've dreamt that was him, what a transformation!!

Who on earth does old zac think he is. Fair play to lisa.

• Advertisement

Shadow1983 wrote: »
    Wow, if I'd seen that while flicking through a magazine I never would've dreamt that was him, what a transformation!!

sarcasm?!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

sarcasm?!!

No, not at all, I really wouldn't have recognised him!

Shadow1983 wrote: »
    No, not at all, I really wouldn't have recognised him!

ha, fair enough! I probably would I guess but he certainly looks very different!

Did Kerry and Sam do more than kiss on the sofa :confused:

Yep because Megan said there was a lot of noise coming from the bedroom. That's one Sam that got into Kerry this year.

Someone had to say it ok!

Who on earth does old zac think he is. Fair play to lisa.

The show should bring in Ronnie's brother as a new man for Lisa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭HS3

Oh Emma is good!!!!

Yep because Megan said there was a lot of noise coming from the bedroom. That's one Sam that got into Kerry this year.

Someone had to say it ok!

Id say Kerry would absolutely maul a fella. He done well to come out alive :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

The ending of tonight's episode was so satisfying after what Emma put Ashley through - that was hard to watch :(

• Advertisement

John Middleton is absolutely playing a blinder as Ashley

Advertisement