Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hollyoaks [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84,817 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hollyoaks' series producer Paul Marquess has revealed that the village will be rocked by a major disaster later this year.

Speaking in an interview with DS, the soap's new boss teased that "something terrible" will happen shortly after the third series of Hollyoaks Later completes its run in October.

Marquess has axed a string of characters since taking office in January, leaving fans to wonder how such a large number of regulars will be written out.

Asked whether a large-scale tragedy is ahead, Marquess confirmed: "There is going to be something later in the year. It's not what people expect - we're not going to kill 15 characters in one go."

He continued: "After the Later, something terrible happens to Hollyoaks Village but that will be as much about the storytelling as the disaster itself. To be absolutely frank, I'm storylining that today so quite how it will pan out I'm not sure, but it's not what people expect."

greenie wrote: »
    Ooh didn't know she had family coming..and sounds like he's the complete opposite to her. I do love a northern Irish accent on a man:)

From Paul Marquess

Brenden - is he a bad boy?
    "Oh, definitely - he's an absolute b**tard! I think people are going to think, 'Here's the next Warren', but they'll be surprised when they find out what the real story is. He is Cheryl's half-brother… and Cheryl won't hear a bad word against him..."

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

Calvin's has finally died.. Can't believe it was
    Theresa

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

Cookie33 wrote: »
    Calvin's has finally died.. Can't believe it was
    Theresa

Never in a million years did I expect that!

It was a bit of out the blue
    i didn't even know they slept together and was always wondering why she was a suspect.
    i must of missed that episode

• Advertisement

I was convinced it was going to be Spencer there at the end..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,739 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

So was I.

So what's going to happen between "Mal" and "Mercy" now? She knows that he knows about the affair now, doesn't she?

So was I.

So what's going to happen between "Mal" and "Mercy" now? She knows that he knows about the affair now, doesn't she?

yeah Mal eventually came out and told her.
    Calvin's a brave and stupid man - Carmel, Mercy and Theresa. 3/6 McQueens lol

Those pretty boys I tell ya...can't trust them!!

...not sure whats gonna happen between Mal & Mercy...just hope he starts acting like a man now. Him continuing as normal all this time even though he knew just annoyed me..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Whoa!!! Really did not expect it to be
    Theresa... Really thought it would be Spencer or Mercedes, but I'm glad it played out like this as it'll be much more interesting and should have plenty of scenes with Mercedes, Jacqui and Theresa over the next while, so that can only be a good thing... Obviously Jacqui and Mercedes will protect Theresa, but I wonder if anyone else will be told or find out about the secret...

Good stuff...

• Advertisement

FFS so Theresa killed Calvin because he slept with her and got her pregnant and didnt want to play happy families with her - she was willing when she slept with him he didnt rape her

I think having it be Mal, Kris or Jacqui would have been better

Steph has Cervical Cancer
    :(

Loretta, Jake, Michaela and Kris are leaving the show

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Loretta, Jake, Michaela and Kris are leaving the show

Happy that Loretta and Jake are leaving - didn't add to the show much

Not happy that Michaela and Kris are leaving, love both characters although there isn't a lot happening with Michaela at the minute

Cookie33 wrote: »
    Happy that Loretta and Jake are leaving - didn't add to the show much

Not happy that Michaela and Kris are leaving, love both characters although there isn't a lot happening with Michaela at the minute

I was about to say that too, about Michaela. I'm surprised at Kris though..wonder how they're gonna write them out. Looks like Loretta & Jake will probably leave together so I guess the current storyline is going to come to nothing!

We're finally getting somewhere with the Anita looking for her biological mother storyline..that character (Ava or Eva or something like that!) came in weeks ago & then disappeared & now back again! I guess it wouldn't be Hollyoaks if they didn't drag it out! I thought I heard Anita was leaving too and Ravi...could be wrong tho!

Long-standing Hollyoaks actress Carley Stenson has quit the soap after nearly a decade on screen to pursue a career in musical theatre, it has been confirmed.

The 27-year-old, who has played fame-hungry Steph Cunningham in the Channel 4 teen serial since March 2000, will bow out of the programme in dramatic style towards the end of the year.

With Steph having just received the devastating news that she has cervical caner, details pertaining to her exit story remain tightly under wraps.

It is therefore uncertain whether she will be given the 'all-clear', whether she will lose her battle with the life-threatening disease or whether she will bow out as part of a totally different storyline.

Speaking of her decision to leave, Stenson said: "Leaving Hollyoaks is one of the most difficult decisions I have ever made. It has been my dream job for ten years and I shall miss all of the fantastic friends I have made in the cast and crew."

She added: "I am very sad to leave but I'm ready for new challenges and I'm looking forward to pursuing a career in musical theatre."

Producer Paul Marquess commented: "We are very proud of the cervical cancer story-line and Hollyoaks' ability to bring a sweet and humorous tone to such a tragic story.

"Viewers can look forward to the return of 'Stephanie De La Dean' as Steph revisits her desire for fame and stardom in a bid to cope with her illness. We also hope that the message of early detection for cervical cancer reaches our young audience. "

He went on: "We are obviously very sad to see Steph go - she has been a much-loved character on the show for a decade, but we wish Carley all the best for a very bright and successful career."

Long-standing Hollyoaks actress Carley Stenson has quit the soap after nearly a decade on screen to pursue a career in musical theatre, it has been confirmed.

The 27-year-old, who has played fame-hungry Steph Cunningham in the Channel 4 teen serial since March 2000, will bow out of the programme in dramatic style towards the end of the year.

With Steph having just received the devastating news that she has cervical caner, details pertaining to her exit story remain tightly under wraps.

It is therefore uncertain whether she will be given the 'all-clear', whether she will lose her battle with the life-threatening disease or whether she will bow out as part of a totally different storyline.

Speaking of her decision to leave, Stenson said: "Leaving Hollyoaks is one of the most difficult decisions I have ever made. It has been my dream job for ten years and I shall miss all of the fantastic friends I have made in the cast and crew."

She added: "I am very sad to leave but I'm ready for new challenges and I'm looking forward to pursuing a career in musical theatre."

Producer Paul Marquess commented: "We are very proud of the cervical cancer story-line and Hollyoaks' ability to bring a sweet and humorous tone to such a tragic story.

"Viewers can look forward to the return of 'Stephanie De La Dean' as Steph revisits her desire for fame and stardom in a bid to cope with her illness. We also hope that the message of early detection for cervical cancer reaches our young audience. "

He went on: "We are obviously very sad to see Steph go - she has been a much-loved character on the show for a decade, but we wish Carley all the best for a very bright and successful career."

:( Ah no... she's my favourite character...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,739 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Well, if she is a part of Tom's life, then she is more than likely going to die.

That kid is feckin' cursed!! :eek:

Former Brookside actress Alex Fletcher and Over The Rainbow contestant Stephanie Davies have been cast as part of Hollyoaks's third new family.

The O'Connors - a four-member Liverpudlian tribe - descend on the fictional Chester village in the summer and bring with them a hoard of heartache and family baggage.

Fletcher - who played the role of Jacqui Dixon in Brookside - has signed to play the part of Diane O'Connor, a step-mother of two who's desperate for a child of her own.

However, with her biological clock counting down by the day - and her second round of IVF apparently destined for failure - her need for a baby quickly spirals out of control.

Her drastic attempts to secure a child of her own, however, poses a threat to the family unit she's already part of.

Meanwhile, Diane's husband Rob - played by Gary Cargill - joins the ranks as deputy headmaster of Hollyoaks High.

With him, he brings his two children 15-year-old Sinead - portrayed by Over The Rainbow contender Stephanie Davies - and 12-year-old Finn (Connor Wilkinson).

Speaking of her role, Fletcher said: "I am delighted to be back filming at Lime Pictures where I started my career on Brookside - then Mersey TV. I worked with Paul on Brookside and I'm thrilled and honoured to be working with him again, especially as this is such an exciting time for Hollyoaks.

"I can't wait to see what else he has in store for the O'Connors and the show. And I'm really looking forward to working with Gary, Stephanie and Connor. We've already connected as a family and my real daughter was a huge fan of Over The Rainbow so she'll be delighted when I tell her that Stephanie is playing my daughter in Hollyoaks!"

Producer Paul Marquess commented: "We're very excited about the arrival of the O'Connors who burst onto screens in August with a very dramatic story-line. And I'm personally very excited to work with the fantastic Alex Fletcher again."

The O'Connors - who make their first appearance in August - are the latest in a string of signings by Marquess, who was tasked with the responsibility of turning around the soap's fortunes. He also masterminded the show's two other new families, The Sharpes and The Costellos.

Former Brookside actress Alex Fletcher and Over The Rainbow contestant Stephanie Davies have been cast as part of Hollyoaks's third new family.

The O'Connors - a four-member Liverpudlian tribe - descend on the fictional Chester village in the summer and bring with them a hoard of heartache and family baggage.

Fletcher - who played the role of Jacqui Dixon in Brookside - has signed to play the part of Diane O'Connor, a step-mother of two who's desperate for a child of her own.

However, with her biological clock counting down by the day - and her second round of IVF apparently destined for failure - her need for a baby quickly spirals out of control.

Her drastic attempts to secure a child of her own, however, poses a threat to the family unit she's already part of.

Meanwhile, Diane's husband Rob - played by Gary Cargill - joins the ranks as deputy headmaster of Hollyoaks High.

With him, he brings his two children 15-year-old Sinead - portrayed by Over The Rainbow contender Stephanie Davies - and 12-year-old Finn (Connor Wilkinson).

Speaking of her role, Fletcher said: "I am delighted to be back filming at Lime Pictures where I started my career on Brookside - then Mersey TV. I worked with Paul on Brookside and I'm thrilled and honoured to be working with him again, especially as this is such an exciting time for Hollyoaks.

"I can't wait to see what else he has in store for the O'Connors and the show. And I'm really looking forward to working with Gary, Stephanie and Connor. We've already connected as a family and my real daughter was a huge fan of Over The Rainbow so she'll be delighted when I tell her that Stephanie is playing my daughter in Hollyoaks!"

Producer Paul Marquess commented: "We're very excited about the arrival of the O'Connors who burst onto screens in August with a very dramatic story-line. And I'm personally very excited to work with the fantastic Alex Fletcher again."

The O'Connors - who make their first appearance in August - are the latest in a string of signings by Marquess, who was tasked with the responsibility of turning around the soap's fortunes. He also masterminded the show's two other new families, The Sharpes and The Costellos.

Will be good to see Alex Fletcher back on screen - not my favourite of the Brookside alumni, but she was a great actress on it... Hope there'll be a few more ex-Brookie characters popping up at some stage...
    Jimmy Corkhill to replace Leo Valentine as school Janitor would be epic...

• Advertisement

Ultimate Fighting Championship star Michael Bisping has been cast in this year's Hollyoaks Later, Digital Spy can confirm.

The 31-year-old Cypriot-born mixed martial artist - whose nickname is 'The County' - is to play the late-night spinoff's bad boy character, an underworld gangster called Nathan.

A spokesperson for Hollyoaks production house Lime Pictures told DS: "We are delighted to confirm that UFC star Michael Bisping has been cast in this year's series of Hollyoaks Later which is due to transmit in October."

Bisping recently shot a part for action film Beatdown, which is due to be released on DVD later this year.

Read-throughs for the first couple of episodes took place earlier this week, while filming is expected to commence on the first of the five episodes in the coming weeks.

Other characters expected to be involved include Mercedes (Jennifer Metcalfe) and Malachy Fisher (Glen Wallace) as well as the soap's second new family The Costellos.

In April, Channel 4 commissioned a third series of Later following the successful second run.

Last year, former Hollyoaks boss Bryan Kirkwood - who is now executive producer at EastEnders - secured a dream cameo appearance from Welsh songstress Bonnie Tyler.

This year's instalment is being produced by Hollyoaks showrunner Paul Marquess.

Hollyoaks actor Nick Pickard is reportedly considering quitting the show.

Pickard, who plays Tony Hutchinson in the soap, is said to be unhappy about the treatment of his brother and co-star John, who plays Dominic Reilly. John is rumoured to have been axed from the show and only discovered when his name was missing from the filming schedule.

A source told the Daily Star Sunday: "Nick was disgusted at the way his brother was treated. John’s been in the show five years and had no idea they were planning to axe him.

"The way he found out from a crew member was terrible. When Nick was told about it he was fuming. He’s not at all happy.

"A lot of people have left or are going and the ratings are the lowest they’ve ever been in the show’s history. The way his brother was treated was the final straw. He’s now seriously thinking about leaving the show."

A Hollyoaks spokesperson told Digital Spy: "It is not our policy to comment on artists' contracts, however we can confirm that John has recently shot the new Hollyoaks titles which are due to transmit on 5th July to coincide with new producer Paul Marquess's first episodes

Hollyoaks producers are to tackle of one of only remaining taboos in soapland as a new member of the Costello clan will suffer from Gender Identity Disorder (GID).

Soaps newcomer Victoria Atkin, 23, will take on the role of Jasmine Costello, who arrives in the village having spent the summer at a camp in America. While Heidi's (Kim Tiddy) delighted to have her daughter back home, it quickly transpires that she is hiding a huge secret.

Soon after returning to the family fold, Jasmine's clandestine double life is revealed when her male alter ego Jason emerges as a prominent and overbearing part of her world.

GID - or Gender Dysphoria as it is also known - is when a person is born as one sex but has a desperate desire to be the other, dressing up and acting like the opposite sex in the hope that it will become reality.

Jasmine's journey will highlight the mental trauma, physical disgust and ongoing frustration of a boy trapped in a girl's body, as well as the effects that her condition has on those around her.

Series producer Paul Marquess said of the storyline: "I am proud that Hollyoaks is able to tackle the issue of GID and the effect the condition has on the families."

He continued: "Around one in 4,000 people in Britain are receiving medical help for Gender Dysphoria and if we can bring the issue to the forefront to help more young people identify and talk about the condition, then I believe that can only be a positive thing."

Commissioning editor for Channel 4 drama Roberto Troni added: "Hollyoaks has a track record for tackling challenging issues in a sensitive and intelligent way. The upcoming GID storyline should not only help raise awareness about the subject, but ask important questions about identity, sexuality and gender that teenagers face."

He added: "It will make for thought-provoking drama that will have a broad relevance to the Hollyoaks audience."

Atkin is currently filming at the soap's home in Liverpool and will make her screen debut at the beginning of August.

^That should be a great storyline...

Damn... Was looking forward to these...
    Hollyoaks' new opening titles have been delayed by another two weeks, I can reveal.

The show's new look, which was due to launch on July 5, was last week delayed until this Monday owing to the gargantuan task of piecing the titles together.

However, programme makers Lime Pictures this afternoon confirmed that owing to "technical difficulties", viewers will have to wait until at least the beginning of August to see the sequence.

A source told me: "It's such an ambitious task to revamp a show's opening title sequence and theme. We want them to be spot on before we launch, so it'll be another fortnight at least."

Oh no... Four more leaving (and four great characters at that)... Who's gonna be left once everyone leaves?
    Hollyoaks is to lose another handful of familiar faces over the coming months as four more actors prepare to leave the soap.

John Pickard - real-life brother to co-star Nick Pickard (Tony Hutchinson) - will bow out of the Channel 4 soap as chef Dom Reilly toward the end of the year at around the same time as Ashley Slanina Davies, who portrays mum-of-two Amy Barnes.

Glenn Wallace is also due to film his final scenes as Malachy Fisher, while Garnon Davies's swansong as sci-fi supergeek Elliot Bevan comes within the same few weeks.

Little is known about their respective departures but it has been confirmed that storyliners are busy planning their exit plots.

Speaking of his decision to leave, Glen Wallace told DS: "I've had such an amazing time up here in Liverpool at Hollyoaks and I've learnt so much both personally and professionally - but I'm a great believer in gut instinct and I just think it's time for me to move on and find the next challenge, the next story to be part of and the next family to join..."

Speaking of his decision to leave, Pickard said: "I've really enjoyed my time on Hollyoaks and I shall be very sad to leave, but after five years, it's definitely time to move on. I've loved working with Nick and it's been great living in the North - Liverpool is such a great city and we've both made friends for life up here. I'll really miss the social side of this job because the people really have made it all the more fun. Dom has been such a great character to play but now I'm looking forward to taking on new roles."

Garnon Davies commented: "It's very strange to think that after four years I'll be leaving this place. It's been such a great experience and I've loved every minute - everybody says it but Hollyoaks really is a great place to work. I've made some amazing friends in the cast and crew and I'll miss them all. I'm not sure that I'll miss Elliot's geeky glasses and that damn woolly hat but I will miss Elliot - he's been a fantastic character to play and I will look back on this experience with very fond memories".

A show source told DS: "We're all sad to be losing yet more friends from the cast but everyone acknowledges that actors want to move on to pursue other roles."

They added: "Nothing's been firmed up yet storyline-wise but one thing's for sure, they'll all be memorable exits."

I wonder will Mal die

I wonder will Mal die

I'd imagine so - it'd be a good end to the storyline...

I remember readding the actor who played Mal had signed a new contract with the show earlier this year

• Advertisement

I remember readding the actor who played Mal had signed a new contract with the show earlier this year

His contract was up in July, so he signed a new one for another 3 or 4 months, but he's defo leaving...

Advertisement