Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shortland Street

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

The game's up for Margaret

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Good, haven’t seen today’s yet, but she really annoys me. I like how they’re making Curtis a nicer more grown up character, but I wish they’d stop with the homophobic crap he comes out with.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Yeah, his 'throwaway' comments like fairy/homo are really not on. I am starting to like him, apart from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Great excitement in today's rte episode :)

RIP Len

• Advertisement

The actor who played Gareth Hutchins was very good as well

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Oh, you're at that point!!! These were the Christmas Cliffhanger episodes back in 2015 - I was keeping up with New Zealand back in those days, and was possibly Shortland Street at its absolute best. Drew McCaskill and the Hannah family definitely breathed some new life in to the show. Not to mention Damo, the IT guy... absolute legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Leonita

So was it the wife who shot Drew in the final scenes??

I'd say it was

That's it for Harper and Boyd, then

• Advertisement

Brilliant TV this week!! :D
    I was keeping up with New Zealand back in those days, and was possibly Shortland Street at its absolute best.
    I hope that doesn't mean it's all downhill from here. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Posy wrote: »
    I hope that doesn't mean it's all downhill from here. :pac:

Not at all. I kept up for most of the next year or so I think, and then started having trouble accessing the NZ episodes, so had to give it up unfortunately. Was able to dip in and out a couple of times since, but outside factors always ended up getting in the way of me keeping up properly. Maybe I'll hop on board the RTÉ train in a couple of years when I don't know what's happening anymore.

Dayna has a lovely bikini

And Lucy

Anyone else notice that todays epsiode is not on the sky catch up player?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

leo78 wrote: »
    Anyone else notice that todays epsiode is not on the sky catch up player?

I dont think it was on. It didnt record because there was special news broadcast on most of the morning/early afternoon because of the announcement of the date for general election.

Gee_G wrote: »
    I dont think it was on. It didnt record because there was special news broadcast on most of the morning/early afternoon because of the announcement of the date for general election.

The repeat was on RTE2 at 5.30pm

Gee_G wrote: »

Thanks for that Gee_G forgot it was on in the evening time too. It was on the player this morning.

Ali's got some explaining to do to Sabina

Not sure how I'm feeling about the new nurse and her daughter (son?). They look like they will be interesting, though.

• Advertisement

Chris Warner - Ferndale's version of Paul Brennan in the parenting stakes,

Michael must be scared of Patrick, hence his reluctance to visit Disneyland

Just seen Bree Peters who played Pania on Home and Away. Looks like a new family arriving.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Just seen Bree Peters who played Pania on Home and Away. Looks like a new family arriving.

Ah jayziz......:mad:

I wonder if Curtis' middle names are Jack and Reacher, by what I've seen just now.

I've been really enjoying this lately- the mystery virus (spooky), light relief of Damo flatting with the girls, Leanne gone mad on speed, Rachel and that awful Glen fella, to mention a few. Good work, Shortland Street!

They must have predicted the coronavirus!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How far behind is rte is on this series? I remember it was a couple of years behind before.

It's up to about mid 2016 now. :)

• Advertisement

Rachel must confront her addiction

Advertisement