Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inside...

• 01-12-2011 1:02pm
    Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭

Does anyone remember it? An RTE Drama/mini soap set in an Irish prison in the early-mid 1980's. Most memorbale for me was Jim Bartley in it. Gritty, as much as RTE dramas are gritty, and as I rmemmeber some good writing. However its as if it's disappeared off the face of the earth when I went to research it to jog my memory...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

Does anyone remember it? An RTE Drama/mini soap set in an Irish prison in the early-mid 1980's. Most memorbale for me was Jim Bartley in it. Gritty, as much as RTE dramas are gritty, and as I rmemmeber some good writing. However its as if it's disappeared off the face of the earth when I went to research it to jog my memory...

You'll get a few stills from it on the RTE site. A number of people in it went on to work on Fair City. My favourite is Pat Nolan as a prison guard - I wonder how he's enjoying it on the other side of the bars.
    A scene from the RTÉ Television prison drama series 'Inside', during filming in Studio 6 in June 1985. The scene is taking place outside the prisoners' cells. From left to right; Vincent Smith as Joker Duffy, Jim Bartley as Sean Greeley and Aiden Grennell as Archdeacon.

'Inside' was devised by Joe Dunlop and broadcast in twelve parts from 15 November 1985. It was produced and directed by Noel O Briain; the executive producer was Sean Cotter. The RTÉ Guide published an article on the series in its edition of 8 November 1985. The episodes featuring Aiden Grennell were broadcast on 10 and 17 January 1986; they were written by Lee Dunne and produced and directed by Gerry Stembridge.

More here.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

You'll get a few stills from it on the RTE site. A number of people in it went on to work on Fair City. My favourite is Pat Nolan as a prison guard - I wonder how he's enjoying it on the other side of the bars.

More here.

Thats great. Thank you...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Tom Jordan was also in it. I remember it being hyped up at the time (I was in second year and the whole class was talking about it) but it was a bit disappointing. Stagey and forced with uneven plots. Would like to see it again to re-assess but given that it's RTE - no chance. If it was an ITV production then Network would have released it by now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

There's an episode uploaded to Youtube.

Advertisement