Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adoption - age limit

• 15-06-2020 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

Hi, can someone tell me if there is a limit on age for a couple hoping to commence the adoption process. I am 39 and my wife is 38. It's something we are considering at the moment.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭rainemac

Some countries limit the age, such as china, I think their limit is 50yrs, but most dont. At 38/39 you would be the average age of people/couples coming to the assessment process. I would encourage you to waste no time though if this is what you are choosing. It does take some time
    to complete an adoption and I would just say be pushy with Tusla, your social worker once assigned. That end of the process can take varying degrees of time depending on where you are.

From start to finish it took us 4 years with a major paperwork delay on the sending country's end which held us up an additional 16months from the time of matching. We're home with our daughter since the end of 2018.

Advertisement