Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CLASSIC HITS OR 4FM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

why do they always have the news on 2 mins to the hour??

i find it annoying as i keep adjusting my watch:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Don Duck

"classic Hits" is an awful name for a Radio station and the few people that I know who listen to it still call it 4fm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Antenna

Rds should just read CLASSIC or CLASSICS

RDS station name now being changed to "CLASSIC "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭Glaceon

Antenna wrote: »
    RDS station name now being changed to "CLASSIC "
    Was just about to post that, the PS name changed yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Don Duck wrote: »
    "classic Hits" is an awful name for a Radio station and the few people that I know who listen to it still call it 4fm

"Classic Hits" is a very popular name for oldies/CHR formats in many countries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭JDxtra

rUvYYzB.png

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭turbocab

Don Duck wrote: »

classic hits that only start in 1980 and beyond.there is still an audience for 60s and 70s music,thats ignored by them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Tails142

Classic hits 98fm... Wait what?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

turbocab wrote: »
    classic hits that only start in 1980 and beyond.there is still an audience for 60s and 70s music,thats ignored by them

many stations are not playing as much 60s and 70s now as they used to on their daytime playlists, such as BBC Radio 2

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,317 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

94.8 and 95.4 in Cork have changed, 97.4 is still CLS HITS. 97.4 is also the only one of those carrying track information for music via RT+.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

There's a 'programming announcement' coming on Monday morning.

Responses to social media posts say that hopefully Pj & Jim and hoping they ditch Boylan lol

Edit: Nova doing the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭roadmaster

Would Nova & Classic hits be merging to go fully national?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

roadmaster wrote: »

They can't just go off and do it. There would have be a new license advertised by the BAI and then there would have to be an application process.

roadmaster wrote: »

The thought crossed my mind but as the above poster says, it can't just happen like that. Is it possible to get a national licence confidentially (ie they've gone and secured it?)

The thought crossed my mind but as the above poster says, it can't just happen like that. Is it possible to get a national licence confidentially (ie they've gone and secured it?)

Definitely not! That's not how it works. If such a thing happened (which it won't), there would be some serious litigation I would imagine.

What might be announced is a change of schedules and maybe some swapping of presenters. That is allowed,

What might be announced as a change of schedules and maybe some swapping of presenters. That is allowed,

Thought so- thanks for confirming.

Presenter/ show swaps seem most likely. More shared content?

Thought so- thanks for confirming.

Presenter/ show swaps seem most likely. More shared content?

I think that is possible. They have common ownership. They do have distinct licenses, and Classic Hits has a wider geographical area, but their music does overlap.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 rmerrin

Swapping breakfast shows I'd imagine

rmerrin wrote: »
    Swapping breakfast shows I'd imagine

I hope not...

PJ and Jim more suitable to a male focused audience (Novas target?).

I hope not...

PJ and Jim more suitable to a male focused audience (Novas target?).

Noooooo

PJ and Jim are moving to Nova ans Nova breakfast moving to Classic Hits from 1 April.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,142 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

I presume they'll have to change their show's music content too.

Hurrache wrote: »
    I presume they'll have to change their show's music content too.

Nothing about format changes, assume PJ and Jim just start playing Nova music etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Conqueror

1st April. A Thursday. The Thursday before Easter weekend. Seems an odd day to make that kind of change...

Conqueror wrote: »
    1st April. A Thursday. The Thursday before Easter weekend. Seems an odd day to make that kind of change...

They said a few times that its not an April fools joke...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭Wheety

Would be the worst ever Aprils Fools joke tbf. 3 week notice of moving to a sister station :D

I haven't heard any mention of Colm and Lucy moving to Classic Hits, I really hope that's not true!

I saw Classic Hits posted a video of PJ and Jim's announcement to Facebook but it was deleted rather quickly. I can only guess that it was because the comments were mostly negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Conqueror

Never said it was an April Fools joke, merely that the Thursday before Easter is a strange day to make a change affecting a Monday-Friday show.

Just listened back to Nova online, Colm and Lucy are going to Classic Hits... well that's me gone then!

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

Glaceon wrote: »
    Just listened back to Nova online, Colm and Lucy are going to Classic Hits... well that's me gone then!

That's ruined my Monday anyway. Its like they are trying to fix nova by taking classic hits best presenters. Classic hits will absolutely loose listeners in the morning now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

That's ruined my Monday anyway. Its like they are trying to fix nova by taking classic hits best presenters. Classic hits will absolutely loose listeners in the morning now.

When I saw the tweet about the announcement on Friday, I assumed they'd be moving back to the 8-12 slot they had temporarily last year.

Advertisement