Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Madden NFL Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Anyone need to renew their Xbox live Gold?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057137236

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Is anyone keeping a record of the results this year for the draft order of Madden 15? If so, how is it stacking up? Way too early I know but it would be interesting to see. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

You'll be mid table mediocrity paully!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Paully D wrote: »
    Is anyone keeping a record of the results this year for the draft order of Madden 15? If so, how is it stacking up? Way too early I know but it would be interesting to see. :)

I'll be picking the same division as you, can't let you have an easy division title :pac:

You'll be mid table mediocrity paully!

Same as every year mate :) Are you compiling the list?
    empacher wrote: »
    I'll be picking the same division as you, can't let you have an easy division title :pac:

If you do, that would make 3 out of 4 Madden's in a row that we've ended up in the same division!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yep though I do have a slight issue. The excel doc for season 1 was corrupted so it's semi guess work for that tbh

Yep though I do have a slight issue. The excel doc for season 1 was corrupted so it's semi guess work for that tbh

Most people would be able to remember what record they had in season one anyway I think. I was 9-7 I'm almost sure of it. Either way you'll have it there or thereabouts.

Most people would be able to remember what record they had in season one anyway I think. I was 9-7 I'm almost sure of it. Either way you'll have it there or thereabouts.

yep and we've had a good few people leave after season 1 anyway so it should be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Speaking of Madden 15, after all the free agency moves and draft speculation, who are people looking forward to play with in next years game?

guns4all wrote: »
    Speaking of Madden 15, after all the free agency moves and draft speculation, who are people looking forward to play with in next years game?

Not C2JK!

Though from what im reading Tre Mason is on the titans draft board, speedy but not C2JK speedy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Wouldn't Mind getting a shot with the ravens next year

guns4all wrote: »

As mentioned, I think the Ravens will be really, really good. Flacco is always highly rated, then you've got Torrey Smith, Jacoby Jones, Steve Smith, two quality TE's in Pitta and Daniels and one of the best RB's in the game in Ray Rice. They're always rated highly on defense.

Aside from the obvious big names that improved such as the Broncos and Patriots, teams that would interest me from a Madden point of view and who will likely be in or around where I'll be picking would be the Lions (adding Golden Tate to Megatron for Stafford with Reggie Bush at RB gives them a nice offense, if they improve secondary in the draft then even better) and Buccaneers (no sure QB, but adding Collins, Verner, McDonald, Dietrich-Smith and a high draft pick, possibly Watkins or a top pass rusher) and the Rams (did nothing in free agency but a #2 and #13 pick in the draft will mean they get two highly rated rookies to add to an already interesting team).

I really like the Redskins for Madden 15 too but they'll be long gone. RGIII, Jackson, Morris, Garcon, Reed on offense and they've added Hatcher, Roberts, Porter and Lauvao.

I was discussing it with Empacher when we played last week but I'd be very tempted to take a low ranked team with a bit of cap space and build them up next season. Certainly something to think about anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'd love to stay in the AFC North, Bengals again or else the Browns as long defense actually matters in the next version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Hands off my Ravens :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Any tips on defending for a Madden noob?

Feels like there's nothing I can do and just let the computer play until I get the ball back.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

It's only after 3 years I've started to use anyone except a DL player. My first bit of advice would be having the correct personal on the field.

The first year I played with the league, I didn't know what the x's 0's and squares's meant which means sometimes I had LB matched up against WR.

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Hands off my Ravens :mad:

You are welcome to them, apart from disliking the real life team, I had them in the pro this year and couldn't get on with them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

The best thing about this years game is the user sharing content.
    Means I can try out next years rosters now.
    I used to painstakingly try to update the rosters myself after FA.
    Now someone else does it for me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

do ye have free teams at the moment and what part of the season are ye in im thinking about reinvesting in madden

• Registered Users Posts: 10,727 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

nerd69 wrote: »
    do ye have free teams at the moment and what part of the season are ye in im thinking about reinvesting in madden

Loads, and we are about to start the new season so the perfect time to join again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

sweet il grab it over the weekend so

Welcome back nerd, team Resignings wil likely be over the weekend so you are getting back at a good time

Anyone have a link to a cheapish xbox live 12 month sub?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭Raoul

I always just go to cheapxboxlivecodes

Russell Wilson and Terrell Pryor on the Seahawks next season. Plenty of read option for whoever picks them!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Russell Wilson and Terrell Pryor on the Seahawks next season. Plenty of read option for whoever picks them!

That'll be far too much fun. No Aldon Smith in the division to impale them either! :p

Knex. wrote: »
    That'll be far too much fun. No Aldon Smith in the division to impale them either! :p

Why not? He'll surely be on the niners roster for next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

adrian522 wrote: »
    Why not? He'll surely be on the niners roster for next season.

Yeah, actually. Wasn't really thinking. Kinda stopped following the story about a week ago. Is he getting suspended?

There was talks of 9'ers releasing, but that was squashed alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Yeah looks like Pryor and T Jax will be going at it for back up spot!

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    Yeah, actually. Wasn't really thinking. Kinda stopped following the story about a week ago. Is he getting suspended?

There was talks of 9'ers releasing, but that was squashed alright.

The 49ers have until May 3rd to decide if they want to exercise a 5th year option for him for $9m. If they do not exercise this option then next season would be his last before hitting Free agency.

He has a court date next week I believe. I'd expect some sort of suspension also, maybe 4 games or so depending on how his various court cases get resolved.

Advertisement