Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ballinglanna, Glanmire, Cork

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Corkgirl20

lenovo1 wrote: »
    Is Butler's View the next phase? Do you know how they are released? As in does the pricing go up before offers can be made. I imagine there is high demand but we will still need time to make a decision.

What type house are you looking at ?
    In March, 34 houses in Church Green and Butlers View are being released and will be available about 10 months after. In May/June there will be another release and also in Autumn there’s another release.

Guide price for a 4 bed semi-D is €390k so not a massive different from previous phases. Prices expected to be similar for future releases this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Winegum1

lenovo1 wrote: »
    Is Butler's View the next phase? Do you know how they are released? As in does the pricing go up before offers can be made. I imagine there is high demand but we will still need time to make a decision.

They've already upped the prices so what you're seeing now is how they'll stay for a bit at a guess. 3 bed semi d is gone up about 10 grand I think. 3 bed end of terrace went up 7 grand and add an extra few if its south facing. So some up about 12 or 13

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭oleard1987

Corkgirl20 wrote: »
    What type house are you looking at ?
    In March, 34 houses in Church Green and Butlers View are being released and will be available about 10 months after. In May/June there will be another release and also in Autumn there’s another release.

Guide price for a 4 bed semi-D is €390k so not a massive different from previous phases. Prices expected to be similar for future releases this year.

€390k for a 4 bed semi .Crazy money altogether
    We just purchased a 4 bed semi in Blarney for €335k
    O Flynns are good but their not 55k extra good

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Dolbhad

oleard1987 wrote: »

I do think the new builds in Blarney were very good value. Probably best value so close to the city you could get but Glanmire and Blarney are different areas and I would expect Glanmire to be more well known so considered more sought after.

O Flynn have always been expensive I thought when you consider what they charge in Kerry Pike and Drakes Point. But they are a well known builder with a good few estates behind them so they know they will get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Dolbhad wrote: »
    I do think the new builds in Blarney were very good value. Probably best value so close to the city you could get but Glanmire and Blarney are different areas and I would expect Glanmire to be more well known so considered more sought after.

O Flynn have always been expensive I thought when you consider what they charge in Kerry Pike and Drakes Point. But they are a well known builder with a good few estates behind them so they know they will get it.

What's the estate in Blarney you are talking about? I suppose all the houses there are sold out?

• Advertisement

oleard1987 wrote: »

The new builds in Blarney do look lovely. But it’s the location that’s important to us. Blarney wouldn’t suit us.

Glanmire is very central and with the help to buy 30k off it makes €360k for a new 4 bed semi D an ok price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

leahyl wrote: »
    What's the estate in Blarney you are talking about? I suppose all the houses there are sold out?

Probably Cluain Ard and they are all sold out as far as I know. Supposed to be more houses being built in Blarney but who knows when that will be!

Ballinglanna houses do look fab but Glanmire wouldn’t be one of our top locations. Wonder will there be many other new developments launched in Cork soon. The prices do seem to be going up a lot. Focusing on 2nd hand houses now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Probably Cluain Ard and they are all sold out as far as I know. Supposed to be more houses being built in Blarney but who knows when that will be!

Ballinglanna houses do look fab but Glanmire wouldn’t be one of our top locations. Wonder will there be many other new developments launched in Cork soon. The prices do seem to be going up a lot. Focusing on 2nd hand houses now.

It's impossible when you're on your own trying to buy :( There's just nothing suitable/affordable at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

It's impossible when you're on your own trying to buy :( There's just nothing suitable/affordable at the moment.

Same boat I'm in - either sickeningly expensive or crap condition

Oh stop I’d say it’s very difficult. We are a couple with a child and finding hard enough ourselves. And our budget is fairly okay, or so I thought..

I’ve a friend that bought a new build on her own a few years ago but prices were much, much lower. A colleague of mine got a house in Balliglanna for less using that Lihaf scheme but not entirely sure how it works. I think there were only a few houses available with it anyway.

Fingers crossed more supply will come on the market because that’s the only way I can see prices going down. There’s a new development on the Sarsfield road which I reckon will be launching soon, so keep an eye out. Good luck.

• Advertisement

Has anyone bought here recently? I’m a first time buyer and curious as to how much prices exceed the guide price . For example guide price for 3 bed semi D is €355k. For a one of the larger back gardens how much more would be expecting to pay ?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Shoden

Corkgirl20 wrote: »
    Has anyone bought here recently? I’m a first time buyer and curious as to how much prices exceed the guide price . For example guide price for 3 bed semi D is €355k. For a one of the larger back gardens how much more would be expecting to pay ?
    Well when I went looking I got a slightly nice one than the guide and it was only a few grand more...

Shoden wrote: »
    Well when I went looking I got a slightly nice one than the guide and it was only a few grand more...

Thanks for this, house we wanted was gone when we went to pay booking fee. So hoping for next phase.

They have viewings next week I believe?

New builds are going so quick that if you see a house you like just put down the booking deposit! It's refundable!

Sorry, I don't but if you give SherryFitz a shout they're very helpful!

Shoden wrote: »
    Sorry, I don't but if you give SherryFitz a shout they're very helpful!

I’ve been in contact but I’d say they’re very busy. New builds are selling so fast. Hopefully I’ll have better news next time.

I'm sorry. Seems like such a nightmare at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 tejinderss

Has anyone bought a 2 bed houses here? What are your experiences so far ?

tejinderss wrote: »

Be interested to know people's experience with them too. Plans look good!

• Advertisement

tejinderss wrote: »

I’ve a reserved a house in this development too, not a 2 bed but would still love to hear peoples experiences who have bought here or moved in already?
    Huge amount of green area for an estate so central to the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Klopp

I looked here before but by the time i was ready they had all sold out. The next phase i believe won't be ready until 2022 and it is first come.

Klopp wrote: »
    I looked here before but by the time i was ready they had all sold out. The next phase i believe won't be ready until 2022 and it is first come.

Yeah, I heard the newest phase sold out very quickly.

From what I've heard the next phase will be launched in the autumn/winter. But yeah probably won't be build for ages.

Has anyone heard any news or updates on the next phase and launch date?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MindBent

Klopp wrote: »
    Has anyone heard any news or updates on the next phase and launch date?

I rang the estate agent last week and she said it was looking like September now.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Billythekid19

MindBent wrote: »
    I rang the estate agent last week and she said it was looking like September now.

Looks like new phases in other new developments in cork have gone up about 20k in the last 12 months. Rather depressing that the extension of the htb scheme has really just lined the pockets of developers.

MindBent wrote: »

And depending on how many available units they will go quickly before anyone to view them.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Smouse156

Looks like new phases in other new developments in cork have gone up about 20k in the last 12 months. Rather depressing that the extension of the htb scheme has really just lined the pockets of developers.

Hardly surprising, HTB = Help The Brickie!

• Advertisement

Has anybody who bought here any feedback to give please ?

Advertisement