22-02-2021, 13:55   #1126
Citizen2011

Thanks. I will replay the masterclasses. It is terrifying alright but i think the key is to slow it down on the day. Wouldn't ya just love to have Sarah's brain going into the exams!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
22-02-2021, 14:04   #1127
NoraG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen2011 View Post
Thanks. I will replay the masterclasses. It is terrifying alright but i think the key is to slow it down on the day. Wouldn't ya just love to have Sarah's brain going into the exams!
Sure would ha ha
26-02-2021, 14:14   #1128
Aisling(",)

The part 3's are killing me.If I somehow pass these it's a miracle.

I'm delighted the domestic lecturer has changed.I don't doubt she's a great mind but she couldn't teach at all.
CT is my downfall and I was weak on losses,interest,royalties etc at part 2 so that is haunting me now.

I think indirect taxes will be doable and I'm really trying to get secondments down because that'd be good to have for professional skills and international taxes. Domestic is my white whale.Though we still have 10 weeks and I've got 4 weeks off to really focus myself.

If I get manage to get these exams on this sitting I will never ever ever do another tax related qualification.Not a single cert or diploma!
26-02-2021, 14:29   #1129
StevenToast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling(",) View Post

I'm delighted the domestic lecturer has changed.I don't doubt she's a great mind but she couldn't teach at all.
CT is my downfall and I was weak on losses,interest,royalties etc at part 2 so that is haunting me now.

I think indirect taxes will be doable and I'm really trying to get secondments down because that'd be good to have for professional skills and international taxes. Domestic is my white whale.Though we still have 10 weeks and I've got 4 weeks off to really focus myself.

If I get manage to get these exams on this sitting I will never ever ever do another tax related qualification.Not a single cert or diploma!
If you get these part 3s...you will never need another qualification again!
Thanks from:
26-02-2021, 15:59   #1130
NoraG

Quote:

I had to laugh at your last paragraph and I would say it is the same for everyone!
Just a heads up on interest, royalties and dividends, which worked for me. I read Chapter 6, without looking at legislation, about 2 weeks ago, I re read it last night and tagged the legislation and felt that chapter 6 brought it all together as it explains why and how to use the exemptions.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
06-03-2021, 15:46   #1131
Deckyalrite

Advanced Direct Tax is a bit of a struggle for me as mentioned before the content is so far-reaching. Struggling a bit with with the whole restructures/amalgamations, just don't have enough practice experience on it. also hard to know where to start with the Group losses. Was ace at it in Part 2's but seem to manage to make a mess of it in Group structures.

Can people advise if Sarah Finnegan is now doing bot the lectures and masterclasses on this. Found her brilliant in Professional Advice lectures.

I am a repeat student so zero access to lecture content and have given the institute enough money over the years.

If anybody was willing to give me access to the lectures to download some of the content of these masterclasses I can make it worth their while and would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks from:
14-03-2021, 14:08   #1132
KMPT

Hi All.
I'm thinking of doing Part One. I am from a law background in my studies and I am currently doing a Masters in Business Management. No accounting or tax subjects though. How difficult do you think Part One is for non-accounting graduates? If you don't mind, can you explain what to expect in Part One please? Many thanks in advance.
14-03-2021, 15:27   #1133
NoraG

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPT View Post
Hi All.
I'm thinking of doing Part One. I am from a law background in my studies and I am currently doing a Masters in Business Management. No accounting or tax subjects though. How difficult do you think Part One is for non-accounting graduates? If you don't mind, can you explain what to expect in Part One please? Many thanks in advance.
As a law student you should have no problem in doing Part 1s. You should be able to get an exemption from part 1s, but if you have no accounting background I would advise you to actually study and sit for them. If you go on the tax institute page you will find their guide which explains what will be covered in each part.
Thanks from:
15-03-2021, 15:54   #1134
Aisling(",)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPT View Post
Hi All.
Part 1 subjects are
Law,Accounting, Business and personal taxes,Capital Taxes.

You'll fly through law since you have the background and its quite basic.This means you only have three subjects to properly learn.Capital taxes has a lesser workload that the other subjects too and is more straightforward.
I did well in the accounting despite having no experience,I didn't even do business in school.It's doable.

I will just say be careful with your timing.Part 2 is easily double the part 1 workload and if those exams will fall while you're still doing your masters it could be a struggle. Part 3's are also probably double the part 2 workload so be prepared for a big jump.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
12-04-2021, 12:28   #1135
Orwilsin

Hi,

I know this a really basic question re Part 3 but what are people doing in regards to the Tax Acts? I did Part 2 last year and have all my Act books tabbed and highlighted etc and now I have the updated version with Finance Act 2019, I find i'm flicking between them. Sorry about the silly question, its just I don't know anyone else doing these exams, any help to make my time more efficient would be great!
12-04-2021, 22:18   #1136
NoraG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orwilsin View Post
Hi,

I know this a really basic question re Part 3 but what are people doing in regards to the Tax Acts? I did Part 2 last year and have all my Act books tabbed and highlighted etc and now I have the updated version with Finance Act 2019, I find i'm flicking between them. Sorry about the silly question, its just I don't know anyone else doing these exams, any help to make my time more efficient would be great!
I believe the institute said you can have both years with you for the exam, but just be careful with the new changes to the new Act.
13-04-2021, 23:58   #1137
Orwilsin

Oh great, thanks! Didn't see that anywhere and thought I was going to have start re-tabbing my updated Act books....which is the last thing I need!
14-04-2021, 00:49   #1138
Aisling(",)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orwilsin View Post
Hi,

I've tabbed the new acts.
Passed a decent bit of time a few months back doing them.

My TCA is now at the point where I'm selectively tagging it because it's looking like a peacock with all the colours.

I've very little tabbed in the VATCA and CATCA.
The contents, index and section titles are so much easier to use thankfully.
Thanks from:
14-04-2021, 00:56   #1139
Orwilsin

Quote:
I've tabbed the new acts.
Passed a decent bit of time a few months back doing them.

My TCA is now at the point where I'm selectively tagging it because it's looking like a peacock with all the colours.

I've very little tabbed in the VATCA and CATCA.
The contents, index and section titles are so much easier to use thankfully.
A peacock, haha!!!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion