Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Personal Injury: Disclosure of details by employer within firm

• 14-03-2019 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

Hey folks, what happens if the management in a company one works for discloses publicly to other staff about an employee private matter regarding rta when a loss of earnings is sought. What can an employee do ? Should they resign ? As the employer has little involvement in the case ?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

What was the extent of the disclosure i.e. a query to personnel dept or a much larger disclosure?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

Mod
    Title amended for clarity

• Registered Users Posts: 26,020 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

nuac wrote: »
    Mod
    Title amended for clarity
    Gosh, it must have been really unclear before. I still have no clue what the OP is asking (why in God's name would anybody seek a loss of earning? Most people want to increase their earnings, surely?) and I don't see where the fire comes into it.

Mod
    Sorry, "fire" = typo for "firm"

• Registered Users Posts: 22,001 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Peregrinus wrote: »
    Gosh, it must have been really unclear before. I still have no clue what the OP is asking (why in God's name would anybody seek a loss of earning? Most people want to increase their earnings, surely?) and I don't see where the fire comes into it.
    Possibly documentation requested from employer to support a claim for loss of earnings?

+1 on the still unclear title.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 81,058 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Why would you not just supply a P60?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭billcullen1

Esel wrote: »
    Possibly documentation requested from employer to support a claim for loss of earnings?

+1 on the still unclear title.
    I am seeking confirmation of lost earnings. However the management have told everyone in the company, not too impressed to be fair ! Plus they have changed my role in the company and are making life difficult. Is there anything I can do ? Resign ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

I am seeking confirmation of lost earnings. However the management have told everyone in the company, not too impressed to be fair ! Plus they have changed my role in the company and are making life difficult. Is there anything I can do ? Resign ?

Loss of earnings statement for a PI case seems to be sorted.

There is no right for the employer to disseminate OP's business within the firm.

Sounds like the opening moves of a campaign to constructively dismiss OP by making life difficult.

Union assistance ? Internal grievance procedures ?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭billcullen1

NUTLEY BOY wrote: »
    Loss of earnings statement for a PI case seems to be sorted.

There is no right for the employer to disseminate OP's business within the firm.

Sounds like the opening moves of a campaign to constructively dismiss OP by making life difficult.

Union assistance ? Internal grievance procedures ?
    Thanks for the feedback. I will look into that.

Advertisement