Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Help please - advice needed

• 14-03-2019 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

I have a standard semi detached house in North Dublin We also have a cat. Earlier this evening I noticed the cat is fixated on our fireplace in our living room. We have a gas real flame style fire which we use occasionally. Some of the coals have been disturbed and it appears that something may be stuck in there i.e. a bird maybe............. anyone got any advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

It's a bit vague, but it could be something or nothing. How would the bird access the fire? What kind of flue has it? Can you not get a look inside? Sorry for all the questions.

It could be a bird, or a mouse, or nothing at all.

It's impossible to tell from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,001 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Let the coals cool down and then investigate?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 8,625 ✭✭✭corks finest

It's a bit vague, but it could be something or nothing. How would the bird access the fire? What kind of flue has it? Can you not get a look inside? Sorry for all the questions.

It could be a bird, or a mouse, or nothing at all.

It's impossible to tell from here.
    Had a Finch came down the chimney last year must have been trying to escape for yonks , fireguard blocking him+opened back door ,and out the gap ,,,, eventually-livingroom destroyed in soot

• Registered Users Posts: 33 makemineawine

Mystery solved - it was a bird. Closed the room off to everyone including the cat and lo and behold after a few hours a bird appeared. Not sure how she got into the chimney - think maybe the strong winds blew her in. In any case, opened the windows and I'm happy to say she eventually found her way out. A happy ending for all! Thanks for the replies guys!

Advertisement