Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Compostable Coffee Cups

• 21-02-2019 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,003 ✭✭✭✭

I've been trying and failing to persuade my set-in-his-ways Dad to switch to a reusable coffee cup for a good while now, but I've noticed that his daily caffeine hit now comes in these containers:

201808261027326653253.jpg

Next best thing to a reusable tumbler you might think, but I'm skeptical and have yet to start adding them to the compost. They just seem very sturdy and glossy, and I'm skeptical that they will decompose in any sort of reasonable time frame. Can anyone who has actually experienced these turning into compost reassure me that they do what it says on the tin?:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

They certainly don't look very biodegradable - I'd be interested to read your follow up to this in a years' time.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭rgfuller

These I believe are designed for commercial composting where the temperatures are generally higher than home composting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭Alkers

rgfuller wrote:
    These I believe are designed for commercial composting where the temperatures are generally higher than home composting.

Agreed, brown bin as opposed to your back garden. The brown bin will take souled pizza boxes and the like

Advertisement