Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Munster Team Talk Thread - Snymans are(n't) Forever

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Craig Casey had a brilliant game tonight. Hopefully the injury isn't serious and he can push into the senior side next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,999 ✭✭✭Caranica

Craig Casey had a brilliant game tonight. Hopefully the injury isn't serious and he can push into the senior side next season.

Ben Healy too! And Josh Wycherley... Great signs for Munster

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Heineken Champions Cup semi-finals – 20/21 April

Semi-final 1: if Saracens v Edinburgh Rugby – Ricoh Arena (Coventry)

Semi-final 1: if Saracens v Munster Rugby – Ricoh Arena (Coventry)

Semi-final 1: if Edinburgh Rugby v Glasgow Warriors – BT Murrayfield (Edinburgh)

Semi-final 1: if Munster Rugby v Glasgow Warriors – Aviva Stadium (Dublin)

Semi-final 2: if Racing 92 v Leinster Rugby – Paris La Défense Arena

Semi-final 2: if Racing 92 v Ulster Rugby – Paris La Défense Arena

Semi-final 2: if Leinster Rugby v Toulouse – Aviva Stadium (Dublin)

Semi-final 2: if Ulster Rugby v Toulouse – Aviva Stadium (Dublin)

https://www.epcrugby.com/2019/03/14/...s4zu4_DxOeh2Ao

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

A double header weekend in Dublin would be class.

troyzer wrote: »
    A double header weekend in Dublin would be class.

Definitely. And bank holiday the Monday too and all.

Don't think it would be a massive upset if Toulouse beat Racing but think Saracens have enough for Glasgow.

• Advertisement

In case anyone's interested, there's €100 return flights from Cork to Edinburgh with Ryanair for Edinburgh qf. Out the Friday night and back the Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

James Cronin, Bill Johnston and Jack O’Donoghue have been nominated by Munster as the Additional Players for the knockout stages

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Where are we at with moving on from TBD? I dare nominate thread names for fear of being told their not a rugby related topic!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,658 ✭✭✭✭phog

James Cronin, Bill Johnston and Jack O’Donoghue have been nominated by Munster as the Additional Players for the knockout stages

We might not see much of Bill in the knockout games but it's good to see the 3 being added - Cronin and Jacko are a great addition to the squad.

On the injury front, there is positive news for Dave O’Callaghan as he will return to full training this week following a foot injury.

The following are progressing with rehabilitation: Brian Scott (foot), James Cronin (leg), Ciaran Parker (hamstring), Tommy O’Donnell (shoulder), Sammy Arnold (leg).

Additional Players – Champions Cup
    Under EPCR tournament rules, clubs which have qualified for the knockout stages of the Heineken Champions Cup and the Challenge Cup can nominate up to three players for registration to supplement their European squads.

The below trio have been nominated by Munster as the province’s Additional Players for the knockout stages of the 2018/19 Champions Cup.

James Cronin, Bill Johnston and Jack O’Donoghue.

https://munsterrugby.ie/2019/03/14/squad-update-pre-zebre-3/

• Advertisement

MRSC membership details for next season

D1tDXp-XgAA-vxf.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Only 6 league games in TP? I thought we were going back up to 11 home games next season?

Only 6 league games in TP? I thought we were going back up to 11 home games next season?

Yes, we should be unless there's a format change that hasn't been announced. We're down a game similar to this season as it's presented in the poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Mathewson should be afforded a chaperone back from Oz so he doesn’t injure himself and is fit to start in Edinburgh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

On Twitter they clarified that until conferences known we don't know if we'll have 10 or 11

Originally they were supposed to change based on standings. But then they decided to leave them as is this season

A facile warmup in the Pro14 to come against Zebre before Munster travel to Edinburgh. The form of Murray is a big concern, POM and Stander also had disappointing showings against Wales. On the other hand Beirne was decent and Earls had a good tournament. Kilcoyne will hopefully push on after remaining the #2 option at LH for the entire Six Nations.

Next Friday Edinburgh face a must win game against Leinster to keep their slim Pro14 hopes alive. They have lost Blair Kinghorn for the season due to a Six Nations injury.

A facile warmup in the Pro14 to come against Zebre before Munster travel to Edinburgh. The form of Murray is a big concern, POM and Stander also had disappointing showings against Wales. On the other hand Beirne was decent and Earls had a good tournament. Kilcoyne will hopefully push on after remaining the #2 option at LH for the entire Six Nations.

Next Friday Edinburgh face a must win game against Leinster to keep their slim Pro14 hopes alive. They have lost Blair Kinghorn for the season due to a Six Nations injury.

That's the only concern I have from Irish Camp/6Ns, POM and Stander were poor today but have had more than a decent 6Ns. One bad game when the rest squad are playing poorly is forgivable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Can we expect a full strength team vs Zebre?
    Try and re-integrate the internationals before Edinburgh.

yerrahbah wrote: »
    Can we expect a full strength team vs Zebre?
    Try and re-integrate the internationals before Edinburgh.

There's no chance of that happening. Of the starters yesterday, maybe Beirne might be involved.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Riskymove wrote: »
    On Twitter they clarified that until conferences known we don't know if we'll have 10 or 11

Originally they were supposed to change based on standings. But then they decided to leave them as is this season

Are your sure on the 2nd part? I could be wrong, but if I recall correctly, based on the various criteria (1st placed Irish team with 4th placed Irish team etc.) they just happened to be the same this season as last?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

aloooof wrote: »
    Are your sure on the 2nd part? I could be wrong, but if I recall correctly, based on the various criteria (1st placed Irish team with 4th placed Irish team etc.) they just happened to be the same this season as last?

No, they didn't change them this season so that all teams would end up playing the same number of home and away games over the course of 2 seasons. They're supposed to change this year.

If anyone is feeling confident and Dublin is handy for them, there's fairly cheap flights with Ryanair Dublin-Birmingham for weekend of the semi-final. Flights are €15 back all day the Sunday. Guess the Leinster/Ulster v Racing/Toulouse semi could be more likely to be the Sunday

Fingers crossed for Carbery. If he can get back in time for Zebre that would be great.
    Bill Johnston has been added to the European squad but would JvG trust him to start in a QF? It would be a big step up but I'd prefer to see him there than JJ or Bleyendaal.

There's no chance of that happening. Of the starters yesterday, maybe Beirne might be involved.

Fair enough. Couldn't remember what the "done thing" was in the week after a 6 nations.

Was hoping the internationals would get a chance to purge the 6 nations out of their system before rocking up to an away QF.

JJ and Marshall were at the presser today.

Possible team:

Loughman, Marshall, Ryan, Kleyn, Holland, Wycherley, Cloete, Botha;
    Mathewson, Hanrahan, Sweetnam, Scannell, Farrell, Conway, Haley

KOB, LOC, Archer, DOS, JOD, Cronin, Johnston, Goggin

Injured: Brian Scott (foot), James Cronin (leg), Ciaran Parker (hamstring), Tommy O’Donnell (shoulder), Sammy Arnold (leg).

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/stellar-u20-crop-signals-the-resurgence-of-the-munster-pathway

Article on the Munster players involved with the Irish U'20s

Hopefully we see plenty of these guys get a chance with Munster in the coming seasons

Chris Farrell and Joey Carbery returned from international camp yesterday. Commenting on the fitness of Carbery, Head Coach Johann van Graan said yesterday: “He’s going to be with our medical team this week and hopefully we can get him into some rugby this week or next week.”

On the injury front, Sammy Arnold returns to team training this week.

The following are progressing with rehabilitation: Brian Scott (foot), James Cronin (leg), Ciaran Parker (hamstring), Tommy O’Donnell (shoulder), Joey Carbery (hamstring).

https://munsterrugby.ie/2019/03/19/gallery-munster-prepare-for-zebre-clash/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭slingerz

JJ and Marshall were at the presser today.

Possible team:

Loughman, Marshall, Ryan, Kleyn, Holland, Wycherley, Cloete, Botha;
    Mathewson, Hanrahan, Sweetnam, Scannell, Farrell, Conway, Haley

KOB, LOC, Archer, DOS, JOD, Cronin, Johnston, Goggin

Injured: Brian Scott (foot), James Cronin (leg), Ciaran Parker (hamstring), Tommy O’Donnell (shoulder), Sammy Arnold (leg).

I'd change a few of them. Niall Scannell will be involved along with Beirne. Tyler surely on the bench also

I'd be hoping Carbery is fit - I'd personally have Mathewson and Carbery as the starting duo for Europe. Murray's one of the most talented players in the team but he can't pass, his kicking has lost it's accuracy and his confidence looked shot towards the end of the Wales game. Sad to see.

Munster tight 5 looking pretty solid now but concerns over the backrow. Stander was only ok but POM had a poor tournament. I commented in the Leinster thread that I'd hope it's an Ireland and not a player issue or one that will persist at the provinces but the business end of the season is not the ideal time to be worrying about key performers.

• Advertisement

slingerz wrote: »
    I'd change a few of them. Niall Scannell will be involved along with Beirne. Tyler surely on the bench also

Yes it will be stronger alright.

I'm not sure about the backup 10.

Advertisement