Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Law Firm Summer Internships 2019

Options
  • 06-02-2019 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi everyone, Law Firm Summer Internships are all open by now, and some closed so thought that it would be good to open this to discuss everything. Thread was great other years for people to talk and discuss firms, applications, interviews etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭rightytighty

McCann and Arthur Cox interviewing next week, anyone know if they've emailed already or do you think they'll be in touch tomorrow or early next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭holliek

I haven't heard back from any! Is there any firms which have come back to people already?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Law2019

holliek wrote: »
    I haven't heard back from any! Is there any firms which have come back to people already?

I haven’t heard back from any yet, but imagine Arthur Cox will be ringing today or Monday if interviews next week

• Registered Users Posts: 10 sarahdevenny12

Did anyone get confirmations from DE that they received applications?

Did anyone get confirmations from DE that they received applications?

I didn’t get any confirmation after I submitted mine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 sarahdevenny12

has anybody heard anything, or heard of anyone hearing anything from any of the firms, starting to get worried with McCann interviews this week and heard nothing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭holliek

I thought that they normally at least send an email to say you haven't been successful

• Registered Users Posts: 24 laworlawww

McCanns emailed about interviews about an hour ago, haven't heard of anyone who has gotten an interview from Arthur Cox yet so maybe they'll be tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ucdlaw_2018

Anyone hear nothing yet? Is that bad news?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Coulter97

Has anyone interviewed with McCann before? If anyone has please let me know! It's the first one I'll be doing. I'm pretty nervous!

• Advertisement

Coulter97 wrote: »
    Has anyone interviewed with McCann before? If anyone has please let me know! It's the first one I'll be doing. I'm pretty nervous!

Have a look back through the law firm summer internships 2017 and 2018 threads there’s some tips there!

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭rightytighty

Anyone heard from Arthur Cox?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Shanlon97

Hi guys, bit of a predicament here. I'm in my 3rd year and I have applied to McCanns and Arthur Cox and Mason Hayes. I got rejected from MHC and I haven't' gotten a response from McCanns or AC yet. Thing is that I did an internship with matheson in my 2nd year and have 2 upcoming summer vacation schemes with international firms in London. I have quite good grades, work experience and extracurriculars. Am I scaring firms off by having internships with other firms early on ? I just don't understand why I wouldn't be invited to interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Law19

Has anyone heard back from Arthur Cox yet?

McCann PFOs just emailed out

Shanlon97 wrote: »
    Hi guys, bit of a predicament here. I'm in my 3rd year and I have applied to McCanns and Arthur Cox and Mason Hayes. I got rejected from MHC and I haven't' gotten a response from McCanns or AC yet. Thing is that I did an internship with matheson in my 2nd year and have 2 upcoming summer vacation schemes with international firms in London. I have quite good grades, work experience and extracurriculars. Am I scaring firms off by having internships with other firms early on ? I just don't understand why I wouldn't be invited to interview?

Erm... you didn't get invited to the interview because you're application wasn't good enough. I mean that's how it works. Obviously you're not 'scaring' off firms for having previous internships.

Coulter97 wrote: »
    Erm... you didn't get invited to the interview because you're application wasn't good enough. I mean that's how it works. Obviously you're not 'scaring' off firms for having previous internships.

Sorry my message was rushed and quite dickish. I guess what I meant was by doing vac schemes in London would it make them question my commitment for a career in Dublin. And would they think that I got a tc of the back of my last internship making them less willing to waste an internship spot on me.

Sorry my message was rushed and quite dickish. I guess what I meant was by doing vac schemes in London would it make them question my commitment for a career in Dublin. And would they think that I got a tc of the back of my last internship making them less willing to waste an internship spot on me.

I honestly don't think so. If anything, having the prior experience shows you're good enough and capable for the role, they want the best candidates after all I suppose.

No worries, I still have a few interviews coming up, but was just puzzled with that one. Best of luck with your interview anyways !

On a seperate note, Is anyone else doing an assesment centre with Pinsent Masons ? Do they say anywhere what to expect on the day, is it the same format as in th other UK offices ?

No worries, I still have a few interviews coming up, but was just puzzled with that one. Best of luck with your interview anyways !

On a seperate note, Is anyone else doing an assesment centre with Pinsent Masons ? Do they say anywhere what to expect on the day, is it the same format as in th other UK offices ?

Is that for Pinsent in London?

• Advertisement

I was asking about the Dublin office actually.

Its their first ever internship program at the Dublin office, so i'm curious as to how much they'll lean towards a UK style assesment centre. I had to do an abstract reasononing test online as part of the initial screening program. So it seems to be a more detailed recruitment process than that used by the dublin firms.

Its their first ever internship program at the Dublin office, so i'm curious as to how much they'll lean towards a UK style assesment centre. I had to do an abstract reasononing test online as part of the initial screening program. So it seems to be a more detailed recruitment process than that used by the dublin firms.

Was thinking, haven’t seen any internships for them before. Who else did you manage to get interviews for?

Cleary Gottlieb brussels office, Jones Day (London) and still holding out for Arthur Cox and A&L.

Cleary Gottlieb brussels office, Jones Day (London) and still holding out for Arthur Cox and A&L.

Think Arthur Cox interviews are later this week so they’ve probably emailed about interviews already. Never really thought to apply for Firms around Europe, wonder are many still open?

I'm thinking the same about Arthur Cox, I guess its just that I don't know anyone who has recieved any response yet..still clinging onto that small glimmer of hope. Vacation scheme deadlines have just closed for the london firms anyways. Yeah only reason I ended up applying for Brussels was becuase the graduate recruiter visisted us on campus, would have never heard of it otherwise.

I don’t think it has anything to do with your application not being good enough - you got an internship with Matheson, a top-tier form. Did you apply to any of them last year? They might just reject you this year but next year they’d be more than willing to take you. Could be genuinely down to the culture of the firm and whether you fit the profile - other than that, it can be a lucky raffle.

Thank you, that's what I don't understand. If my application was good enough to get matheson in second year, aswell as some vac schemes this year, and my CV has definitely improved over the year, I just don't understand how I am getting immediately at the application stage. Its just not knowing why that's annoyinh me.

Arthur Cox interview invites out now. Just got mine there 👌

• Advertisement

Arthur Cox interview invites out now. Just got mine there 👌

Is it group interview?

Advertisement