Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PW Boards Draft XII - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Think it was about 2 years ago I added the IWGP title in due to popular demand.

Kenny is a pick Id love. Had no plans to draft him but had he lasted hed have been snapped up.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,842 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I knew given the stip this round Bret wouldn't last for my pick, some great interesting picks

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Have my pick waiting and ready to go - lets stand back and watch Guappa steal them on me!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,701 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Some cracking picks tonight. DIY were my next pick too, haha!!

• Registered Users Posts: 84,842 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

And there goes Edge :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Christ, some amount of picks last night - absolutely mowing through Round 2.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Round 3 order up.

No stipulations this next round.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Necro wrote: »
    Round 3 order up.

No stipulations this next round.

Sweet ! also damn knew I should have waited (only a few hours in the end) to see the draw order, could have put more thought into my last pick. That said mostly schweeet :D

Sweet ! also damn knew I should have waited (only a few hours in the end) to see the draw order, could have put more thought into my last pick. That said mostly schweeet :D

:P I might have held off then (probably wouldn't).

I think generally after the 10th person has picked is a fair time to update the round order each time (assuming I'm available of course :pac: ).

• Registered Users Posts: 36,010 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

honestly, i feel guilty having such a good number for Round 3.

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »
    honestly, i feel guilty having such a good number for Round 3.

If you feel so guilty, I will help ya with that burden

Joys of randomisation I guess folks :/

On the other hand, I feel there's a plethora of massive stars still available for everyone in round 3, which can only be a good thing I suppose.

I'm nervous about this next pick, had a list of 5 drawn up, all still available. But one I really, really want.

Apart from Team DIY (might have taken them round 1 if i'd known about the rd2 stip) I think I am now going to pass up the only other pick I had a angle thought up for in the next round of picks because of my early number. Changing plans is the fun of the draft though and with 15 instead of 20 this year there is some great talent available for everyone in rd3 this year especially after the stips.

Apart from Team DIY (might have taken them round 1 if i'd known about the rd2 stip) I think I am now going to pass up the only other pick I had a angle thought up for in the next round of picks because of my early number. Changing plans is the fun of the draft though and with 15 instead of 20 this year there is some great talent available for everyone in rd3 this year especially after the stips.

Colour me intrigued on your next pick :pac:

I have a lot to ponder for my next 2 picks. Really have a few directions I could go. Just gonna see whos available to me when my number is up.

Colour me intrigued on your next pick :pac:

Stip free and with 10 more picks still on the board compared to other years it's like rd1 again.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Very happy with my DIY pick to see so many had them in mind.

I wanted to pick them a few years back but they did not meet the tag requirements at that stage.

DM_7 wrote: »

I wanted to pick them a few years back but they did not meet the tag requirements at that stage.

They have gone up in value each year. Johnny Gargano ended up standing tall as World Champ in my promotion last year.

He, is my favourite current wrestler. His recent turn was fantastic, not only because it was done so well by all involved, but he has had the diverse range to pull it off.

DM_7 wrote: »

There's actually a few teams drafted even last year that probably don't qualify under the new addition to the tag rule this year. Not sure if that's good or bad, but I guess we can review after this year concludes.

There's actually a few teams drafted even last year that probably don't qualify under the new addition to the tag rule this year. Not sure if that's good or bad, but I guess we can review after this year concludes.

Has a change been made? I think I missed it if so.

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Has a change been made? I think I missed it if so.

Aye. I removed the eligible promotions rule so anyone (as long as they have had a match somewhere and it can be proven) can be drafted, but to compensate I added this to the tag rule:

Must have tagged together for at least 3 months in WWE, TNA, ROH,
    NJPW or anything historically going under the NWA banner.

Basically so if someone wants to draft Fred the Red, the amazing daredevil from Manchester you can't just take Gunnersaurus alongside him unless they were a team in the above promotions.

Aye. I removed the eligible promotions rule so anyone (as long as they have had a match somewhere and it can be proven) can be drafted, but to compensate I added this to the tag rule:

Basically so if someone wants to draft Fred the Red, the amazing daredevil from Manchester you can't just take Gunnersaurus alongside him unless they were a team in the above promotions.

What defines 3 months under this rule?

Is tagging 3 times in a three month period enough to make you a team? ie once in May, then once in June and once in July?

Does a WWE feeder fed like NXT or FCW count as an eligible promotion?

What defines 3 months under this rule?

Is tagging 3 times in a three month period enough to make you a team? ie once in May, then once in June and once in July?

Does a WWE feeder fed like NXT or FCW count as an eligible promotion?

NXT counts, correct. Your above interpretation would be acceptable as long as they were straight tag team matches (not 6 man tags, mixed gender matches etc).

As for other feds, bring me the evidence and I'll consider it case by case :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Haha gutted about round 3. I know there's gonna be loads of names left but almost definitely not the one I want most. It'll be at least 6 if not 7 o'clock before I can make my pick so feel free to take your time Al!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,010 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I always forget that Kane was born in Spain.

Solid pick.

:( Noooooo Alfred there goes my demon VS demon plans!

Ah well. It was one of the plots I was throwing around in my head but he wasn't 'the' person I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

:( Noooooo Alfred there goes my demon VS demon plans!

Ah well. It was one of the plots I was throwing around in my head but he wasn't 'the' person I want.

Apologies man, logical fit with Taker which was too good to turn down :pac:

Apologies man, logical fit with Taker which was too good to turn down :pac:

Ah it's cool, the joys of the draft. I'm fine, really...

lAr9W45SDrRs.gif

I still dont know who I want this round. A few names that come to mind would be good picks.

• Advertisement

I still dont know who I want this round. A few names that come to mind would be good picks.

Yeah, quite a few actually. Was doing some extra reconnaissance over my lunch break.

Advertisement