Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Drone recommendation around the 200-250 mark

• 04-12-2018 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking for a recommendation for a drone around the 200-250(max) mark.

I want to have GPS and decent video, and also have a fairly decent range.
    Also - want to be able to have a live view of what the drone sees.

The main use I want it for is for taking video around my house and also around my parent's farm.

I'd like to be able to use it help my Mother look at cattle down the fields around her house also, as sometimes one may be away from the group and we could use it to have a quick look around to see where it is in order to go check on it....

I'm currently looking at the Hubsan JYZ drone H501S X4 BRUSHELESS as it seems a pretty nice piece of kit for the price, but I'd be willing to go a bit more on the price if it was really worth it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

That hubsan looks nice for the price. Was going to suggest a tello drone but they are not brushless and the range is limited to 30m.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

I know it's a bit above your budget but the DJI Spark would suit all your needs plus have better picture quality and reliability.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I know it's a bit above your budget but the DJI Spark would suit all your needs plus have better picture quality and reliability.

From a quick look on Amazon it looks like twice my budget :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

deadl0ck wrote: »
    From a quick look on Amazon it looks like twice my budget :(
    Just thought I'd mention it. Buying from the DJI site is sometimes cheaper though, but still €439 so I underrated.

Just thought I'd mention it. Buying from the DJI site is sometimes cheaper though, but still €439 so I underrated.

No worries - I still appreciate the advice !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Pique

I am interested in the Xiaomi Fimi a3 which was recommended over on Bargain Alerts in the Anafi thread.

Seems pretty similar to OPs requirements but would anyone recommend a seller?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 insta_mavic

I would also recommend the DJI Spark even though out of budget.

I ended up getting the Hubsan - works great for my needs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

deadl0ck wrote: »
    I ended up getting the Hubsan - works great for my needs

Will you let me know when it lands and your initial thoughts and video it produces? Flight time etc

BKWDR wrote: »
    Will you let me know when it lands and your initial thoughts and video it produces? Flight time etc

So I'm happy with the video quality - I've just been playing around with it so far.
    I get about 15 minutes of flying time on one batter (I must buy more).
    I'm with my Phone as the controller with the wireless relay to boost the range - no problems so far.
    I'll try get a video up later and post a link to it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement