Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cheltenham Antepost

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Anybody have one horse they are backing weekly.

My friend told me to look at Never Adapts race last time and to back him for the Triumph.

I was very impressed and if he learns to settle he could be a very good horse.

She’d be my fancy for the triumph right now anyway. Was over there for the weekend & Henderson mentioned in the course preview that she might run away with Barry. She blew her chance on the way to the start never mind bolting away from the field after the first! Have to be impressed how she still ran on for 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

Malone Road gone. Knee injury.

Kauto wrote: »
    Malone Road gone. Knee injury.

Has it been announced?

Thats a shame if true as he looked like a fine bumper and racing prospect.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

TheTorment wrote: »
    Has it been announced?

Thats a shame if true as he looked like a fine bumper and racing prospect.

https://twitter.com/RacingPost/status/1069530219340591105

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Charlie George

What race will getabird run in Cheltenham, dropped in price for the Arkle but looked as if 2 mile 4 will be right up his street, hard to know with mullins but he has draconien for the arkle as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

What race will getabird run in Cheltenham, dropped in price for the Arkle but looked as if 2 mile 4 will be right up his street, hard to know with mullins but he has draconien for the arkle as well.

Draconian out for the season

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭piplip87

I can see Getabird missing the festival all together and maybe placed in a few grade ones at tracks he suits...

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭seoirsem

I agree, Getabird going left handed is a no-no. They hinted that they might look for something at Limerick over Christmas and then maybe Punchestown in the Spring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭piplip87

Had my first nibble today.
    I did Didtheyleaveuoutto for the Supreme. Hugely impressed in his bumpbers last season, didn't go according to plan in the Champion Bumper. Two from two this season and at 20s I hope it's a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Motivator

piplip87 wrote: »
    I did Didtheyleaveuoutto for the Supreme. Hugely impressed in his bumpbers last season, didn't go according to plan in the Champion Bumper. Two from two this season and at 20s I hope it's a bargain.

Is Quick Grabim likely to go for the Supreme rather than the Ballymore? I think the penny has dropped with this horse and if he puts in a similar performance to Fairyhouse at Christmas then he’ll be all the rage for March. He has a good turn of pace and if he rocks up to the Supreme he’ll have more experience on his side than any other horse in years in the Supreme. Look at all the winners of the Supreme for the last 10 years - I remember working it out last year and if I recall correctly the winner has had an average of 7 runs in their career inc. points runs. 16/1 is a terrible price but for an interest for the next few months he’d be the one I’d be backing. The unknown quantity of Annamix plus 90% of the rest of the horses in the Antepost market are of course the worry but what harm!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Plenty of good judges suggest Quickgrabim might struggle as the season progresses as good as he seemed in the Bar One. I tend to agree

piplip87 wrote: »

I fancies him for the bumper last season big time but the ground was poor as we know and he still ran well seeing he would have hated the conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Bet 365 just went NRNB BOG on these

Champion Hurdle
    Champion Chase
    Ryanair Chase
    Stayers Hurdle
    Gold Cup

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Champion Hurdle
    Champion Chase
    Ryanair Chase
    Stayers Hurdle
    Gold Cup

Interesting..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

This is my first post. However I have been perving this forum for a few years now.

Personally I love to get on, but I think Ante Post for Cheltenham is really for mugs. The festival is still 10 weeks away and there are still an awful lot of fences to be jumped in the mean time. Given what can happen to NH horses over the winter between training, stable bugs etc .,it does not make sense to me to be backing them at this stage, especially considering you do not get your money back if it fails to run.

Furthermore, the amount of waffle that gets bandied about in the next ten weeks about which novice hurdle such and such Gigginstown good thing is running in, has now become pedantic in my view. They don't even know themselves. I would rather save the € 10 or € 20 per week I am going to blow on some 33-1 fancy, which might not even run, and then have a good honest to be Jaysus bet of € 200 or so quid on a third favourite at 4-1 on the day. At least I know it is running and I can roar at the tv in peace for 5 minutes and get a bit of value for my bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

You prefer the short term buzz, that's fair enough.

I'd say most people posting their picks understand what an ante post bet involves though. 33/1 includes the risk of a NR etc..
    Check out last years AP thread, some savage calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭bludcrazetiger

You prefer the short term buzz, that's fair enough.

I'd say most people posting their picks understand what an ante post bet involves though. 33/1 includes the risk of a NR etc..
    Check out last years AP thread, some savage calls.

The 50/1 Labaik shout from a few years ago still haunts me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

The 50/1 Labaik shout from a few years ago still haunts me.

:cool:

Champion Hurdle
    Champion Chase
    Ryanair Chase
    Stayers Hurdle
    Gold Cup

What does bog mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Best odds guaranteed

So if sp on day bigger you get that. Not a great concession as odds will likely contract on all bigger priced ones

• Advertisement

Is it for singles only or does the nr come into accumilators.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Is it for singles only or does the nr come into accumilators.

Accums as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Champion Hurdle
    Champion Chase
    Ryanair Chase
    Stayers Hurdle
    Gold Cup

Wow very good offer for this early to be fair to Bet365. They're miles ahead of the other bookies imo. May not back immediately but there's a few I really like with this at their prices;

Call Me Lord - Stayers Hurdle 16/1 - I'll be backing this before the Long Walk on Saturday. He looked unreal at Aintree up in trip. I think 3 miles will be his calling. I'm actually shocked he's 16s NRNB BOG. Has something come out about him running in a different race? I'll be backing over the next few days.

Great Field - Champion Chase 14/1 - Hard to see past Altior obviously but this is the only horse in this field that still is not exposed enough that we can safely say he has no chance against the machine of Altior. I backed him for this last year also and he didn't make it. There's no other race option for him really so I expect him to run. Only worry is his jumping and I would think they need a more experienced jock than J McGarvey. And you'd never know, Altior may not make it!

Bellshill 20/1 & Disko 40/1 - Gold Cup - I'm excited to see how they go in the lead up to Cheltenham. At the moment I have one of them winning the Lexus in 2 weeks time if they make it and they may just go straight to the Gold Cup from there. Bellshill's Grand National performance off top weight was very impressive until his mishap (would've won otherwise imo) and his win at Punch 8l ahead of RTR was also a nice piece of form. Disko is an interesting one. I reckon he'll stay a Gold Cup but the burning question is if he comes back and how strong. He has bags of ability as a stayer and 40/1 could be very big. Basically I'm backing old Irish form to overturn NR and MB but at huge prices. I think the market principles are very short right now with horses like these potentially coming out of the woodwork.

FatRat wrote: »
    Wow very good offer for this early to be fair to Bet365. They're miles ahead of the other bookies imo. May not back immediately but there's a few I really like with this at their prices;

Call Me Lord - Stayers Hurdle 16/1 - I'll be backing this before the Long Walk on Saturday. He looked unreal at Aintree up in trip. I think 3 miles will be his calling. I'm actually shocked he's 16s NRNB BOG. Has something come out about him running in a different race? I'll be backing over the next few days.

Great Field - Champion Chase 14/1 - Hard to see past Altior obviously but this is the only horse in this field that still is not exposed enough that we can safely say he has no chance against the machine of Altior. I backed him for this last year also and he didn't make it. There's no other race option for him really so I expect him to run. Only worry is his jumping and I would think they need a more experienced jock than J McGarvey. And you'd never know, Altior may not make it!

Bellshill 20/1 & Disko 40/1 - Gold Cup - I'm excited to see how they go in the lead up to Cheltenham. At the moment I have one of them winning the Lexus in 2 weeks time if they make it and they may just go straight to the Gold Cup from there. Bellshill's Grand National performance off top weight was very impressive until his mishap (would've won otherwise imo) and his win at Punch 8l ahead of RTR was also a nice piece of form. Disko is an interesting one. I reckon he'll stay a Gold Cup but the burning question is if he comes back and how strong. He has bags of ability as a stayer and 40/1 could be very big. Basically I'm backing old Irish form to overturn NR and MB but at huge prices. I think the market principles are very short right now with horses like these potentially coming out of the woodwork.

The problem for Call me Lord is they keep saying he can’t go left handed which puts me off the stayers. Next Destination 20/1 NRNB could be the one for that if chasing is put on hold.

Colin's sister 33/1 for the stayers and Global citizen 25/1 for the champion hurdle, a few bob ew.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Also on board the Bellshill Bus
    Been saying for a while now he could be WPM's best GC horse since Vautour

Goes all day, jumps like a stag (usually!) doesn't need ground

Thistlecrack could be interesting if next week goes well for him

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Thistlecrack was the one to take out of Haydock, I thought. He lost ground at practically every fence (you'd think it was his first chase start) but I really liked how he stayed on, and it kinda gone under the radar. Could be interesting.
    I was hoping they'd send him back over hurdles tbh.

The GC is very open, there's a few at big prices I'd give each way chances to, Bellshill one, Shattered Love another. I could be a wait until the race kinda bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Thistlecrack into 6/1 for KG
    not putting a penny down till nrnb
    hope he stays above 5/1 but the money seems to be coming for him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

same, he is slightly underpricesd now i reckon though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Thistlecrack into 6/1 for KG
    not putting a penny down till nrnb
    hope he stays above 5/1 but the money seems to be coming for him

I really think he is going to win this. He will jump better there and still has a huge engine.

Advertisement