Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FSA Premier League 2018/19

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

AdpRo wrote: »
    A win for me and CSF’s loss means I have won this league, delighted with that to say the least! Only 3 defeats since GW19 to coincide with me going from 50K OR to 1.5K OR helped!

After starting out in league 1 when these leagues were first setup and looking jealously at the guys in the premiership to now being top is great. Thanks to CSF for coming up with the idea of these leagues and doing the admin at the start of each season. Hopefully I’ll be back next year and become the 1st person to win 2 in a row!

Congrats, you've had an unbelievable second half to the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

AdpRo wrote:
    A win for me and CSF’s loss means I have won this league, delighted with that to say the least! Only 3 defeats since GW19 to coincide with me going from 50K OR to 1.5K OR helped!

Congrats, that's some run you're on!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

AdpRo wrote: »

After starting out in league 1 when these leagues were first setup and looking jealously at the guys in the premiership to now being top is great. Thanks to CSF for coming up with the idea of these leagues and doing the admin at the start of each season. Hopefully I’ll be back next year and become the 1st person to win 2 in a row!

Congrats on joining an illustrious club of FSA champions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Congrats, that's some run you're on!

Still can’t get near you in a couple of leagues! Great week again for you.

Just for reference, AdpRo was at 360k in GW9. I was 66th in the world then. Right now I'm ranked 45k whereas our Premier League champion is at 1.5k. Amazing contrast in our seasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Yea I finally got good use out of the chips. You've got a triple captain still up your sleeve so you're not out of it. I lost a 70 point lead at this stage of the season a few years ago in a big league so I'm not counting my chickens yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Boots234

Big battle at the bottom of the league to avoid the last relegation spot. I'm playing Blood and Thunder in GW37 in what looks like a relegation decider

Vardy coming in clutch today to secure me the win over Swiper and I move up to 7th spot.

In my tie with Busts, I'm trailing by 10 points plus Sterling (c), Shaw and Ryan vs my Hazard (c), Rashford, Aguero and Laporte.

The two of us have had very different seasons but we're level on points at the moment so I'll be gunning to finish higher than him next week. :D

The victory over Busts means I've won my last 4, a nice way to finish the season. A final day encounter against itsnotmyfault will decide who finishes in 6th.

I see that Boots234 defeated GLaDOS in the relegation 6-pointer which means the 3 going down are GLaDOS, Who_8_Paul? and dasa29.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Congrats on joining an illustrious club of FSA champions.

After a few more seasons it could be worthwhile creating an FSA champions league, where all previous winners battle it out in an elite H2H league to become the champion of champions!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Was hoping someone could take over the running of it all next year, even if just for a year. Obviously we can look again next May to see if that person, me or someone else wants to take it the following year.

It’s a bit of work over a short period of time and it’ll be tricky for me to commit to that this year in particular.

I'd be happy to take on the role.

I'd be happy to take on the role.

Legend. From previous dealings with you I don’t think you need any explaining of it at all, but if there’s anything, let me know and I’m happy to assist/finish runner up again.

I’ll still be running LMS next year incase people think I’m doing a fullon departure from running leagues.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Relegated again :(

Thanks for everything CSF

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

CSF wrote: »
    Legend. From previous dealings with you I don’t think you need any explaining of it at all, but if there’s anything, let me know and I’m happy to assist/finish runner up again.

I’ll still be running LMS next year incase people think I’m doing a fullon departure from running leagues.

Yep, noted. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

The victory over Busts means I've won my last 4, a nice way to finish the season. A final day encounter against itsnotmyfault will decide who finishes in 6th.

And may the best itsnotmyfault win:P

And may the best itsnotmyfault win:P

You annihilated me, fair play. I finish the season in 7th on points difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I've survived again, still a good few of us hanging on since the very start

I've survived again, still a good few of us hanging on since the very start

Still remember the Man United OG in the delayed Bournemouth game that kept me up way back. 2 runner up finishes since.

• Advertisement

Congrats to AdpRo on winning the Premier League this season and thanks to CSF for all his hard work over the last 5 years with the admin for these leagues. Hopefully I can replicate the hard work shown by him.

Things to note for next season:

1) If anyone doesn't have an interest in carrying on in this next year, can you please let me know now as it will make it easier for me to pass the spots down now rather than having lots of spots to fill up after the deadline.

2) If anyone knows of any potential to bring sponsorship prize money in, that would be great. The leagues were definitely at their most exciting when people had a cash prize to go with the status symbol. The prize breakdown would have to go from the top down however, regardless of who brings in the sponsorship. It wouldn't make sense to have a €100 prize for League 2, and nothing for the Premier League.

The 20 teams who've qualified for the Premier League next year are as follows:

AdpRo
    CSF
    ronan.h
    skippy15
    Dearg81
    itsnotmyfault
    Scorpion Sting
    Iago
    KevIRL
    Iused2likebusts
    FHFC
    tom_k
    Benimar
    Boots234
    Swiper the fox
    Lemlin
    iroced
    Mike Ehrmantraut
    thunderdog
    Steven81

Congrats to the 3 who've been promoted up. The next in line to go up if spaces arise are: TaytoCrisps, GLaDOS, T-b0n3, Who_8_Paul?, dahat and dasa29.

Advertisement