Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Day 1

• 17-07-2018 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

So after 40 years I decided it's time to stop. Probably my 10th attempt but hopefully the last! The first day I found particularly difficult, constant battle with my inner self, go to shop, no don't etc etc.
    Still I've managed it and one step at a time, hopefully tomorrow will be less traumatic !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Bailey10 wrote: »
    So after 40 years I decided it's time to stop. Probably my 10th attempt but hopefully the last! The first day I found particularly difficult, constant battle with my inner self, go to shop, no don't etc etc.
    Still I've managed it and one step at a time, hopefully tomorrow will be less traumatic !

Well done on making the decision to quit. Doesn't matter how many previous attempts, concentrate on getting through the day or the hour or even the minute. I found that previous attempts scuppered my will because I was almost expecting to fail like every other time. Day 1 was hard, Day 2 not so hard and Day 3 a killer - so much I got dressed to go buy some but by the time I got to the shop - I had talked myself out of it.

Best decision I ever made and I know everyone says this but if I could quit - anyone can! I really thought I'd be left by myself outside smoking but thankfully I stayed strong. Now there is nobody in my day to say life that smokes. I could go weeks before coming in contact with a smoker. I find this crazy because 10 years ago - all my friends, family and colleagues smoked

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭Jennehy

Stay away from that vaping jingle jangle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Bailey10

Love2love wrote: »
    Well done on making the decision to quit. Doesn't matter how many previous attempts, concentrate on getting through the day or the hour or even the minute. I found that previous attempts scuppered my will because I was almost expecting to fail like every other time. Day 1 was hard, Day 2 not so hard and Day 3 a killer - so much I got dressed to go buy some but by the time I got to the shop - I had talked myself out of it.

Best decision I ever made and I know everyone says this but if I could quit - anyone can! I really thought I'd be left by myself outside smoking but thankfully I stayed strong. Now there is nobody in my day to say life that smokes. I could go weeks before coming in contact with a smoker. I find this crazy because 10 years ago - all my friends, family and colleagues smoked

Thanks for that
    I know from previous attempts what the first few days are like but feeling determined to battle through. Bit restless this eve, everything in the house eaten just to keep occupied !

Advertisement