Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low Blows Wrestling Parties: WrestleMania at Buskers On The Ball!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mtjm

Was it a late bar? what time did the drinks stop selling at?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

mtjm wrote: »
    Was it a late bar? what time did the drinks stop selling at?

Drinks stopped being sold at some point during the main event, I think. A LOT of lager and jager had been consumed by then though.

I had a top ten hangover the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Yep, as Super Rush said the bar was nearly drank dry by the end of the night but it went on pretty much until the end of the PPV and will do so again this time.

And major thanks to Grames Bond for organising that! Now to think of fun ways to give it away. Hmm... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭montyrebel

best fancy dress (obviously as a wrestler) has to get 1 prize imo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Hopefully nobody goes as Mideon :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Shadooby

Tickets sorted, thanks Leggo!

Yeah myself and my mates were ordering 2 pitchers each every time we went up so that we didnt have to keep going back too often.
    One of the greatest nights I have ever had, I just cant stop talking about the Mania event, this one should be just as good!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Charisteas wrote: »
    Hopefully nobody goes as Mideon

Or Big Daddy V >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Billy & Chuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I am dying to go to this again... But with no Cody Rhodes match announced I will have to bite my tongue and wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Hoping to get the Monday off work so I can attended. I'll even apologise to Leggo and buy him a pint if I do get to go haha

Just got one of these http://www.livingsocial.com/deals/418590

Dya think they will accept these on the night? Be pretty sweet if they did

• Advertisement

In case anyone hasn't seen the announcement on the Facebook event, we'll be hosting a 'Pose-Down Contest' to give away the t-shirts Grames has kindly organised for us. So anyone who wants one, dress up as a WWE star (past or present), and we'll have you do an entrance on stage then cut a short promo. The best pose-downs win, simple as! :)

Oh and it'll all be filmed too. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

That is a brilliant idea!!

Also the more people have had to drink the more fun the promos will be!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

Loos like ill be joining you's for the party on sunday. I'll be in around 8.30 or so do you reckon I should be ok to get 2 or 3 tickets at the door?

Oh yeah, sure we won't be opening up the live area until around 9ish so you'll defo be grand if you arrive then! :)

We finished the classic matches DVD today, but we're keeping it a surprise what matches are on the playlist you'll have to find out Sunday. Couple of interesting one's I wouldn't have expected in the top 10 though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'll probably be there early enough, I'm heading with a friend from Longford. Should be a good time :D

We're running a SummerSlam prediction game tonight on the Facebook page with prizes for the 5 top predictors if anyone wants to enter!

THIS TIME TOMORROW LADS! :D

do you have to be at the show in Captain Americas to enter this or can anyone do it

montyrebel wrote: »
    do you have to be at the show in Captain Americas to enter this or can anyone do it

Good question, nope it's open to everyone! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭sockmo

Have you decided what classic summerslam matches you will be showing? please say Razor and Shawn! Best match ever!

leggo wrote: »
    Good question, nope it's open to everyone! :)

entered it there now, hope it goes well for you

• Advertisement

Spectacular. Can't get my f*cking printer to work. Hopefully I can get to a net cafe at some point or I'm kinda screwed.

We'll have a list of those who purchased tickets (and how many they bought) at the door, so worse comes to worst you should be alright either way. But best to have the ticket anyway as proof of purchase.

Managed to get it printed, so all is good. Up in Captain's now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

cant make it myself tonight unfortunately, the trip and subsequent drinking in town proved too much for my wallet.Hope its a big success!

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭sockmo

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Brilliant night!! Fair play - looking forward to the next one already whenever that may be!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

how did it compare to WM?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

Good fun last night. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

D.Q wrote: »
    how did it compare to WM?

Didn't make it to grafton myself this time due to having work this morning at 8am but I really hope it was a success. But the Wrestlemania meet-up thread had 706 posts compared to this thread with 90.

Anybody have any photos?

• Advertisement

To be fair, the WrestleMania thread is an unfair comparison as that charts the whole thing from start to finish, before we even had a venue and it was just an idea...with everyone chipping in additional tips and ideas. There was also much more questions since it was the first event of its kind so there was a lot more for people to get to grips with. This time around it was a lot more straightforward, both from us organising and from people knowing the score.

Turnout was good. Haven't had a chance to check the final tally yet (just in from work so trying to play catch-up now) but I reckon about 75-80% of the Mania party, which is pretty much exactly what we hoped for since realistically it would (and will never) out-draw Mania. The Live bar was pretty much full by 9.30pm and we only officially opened at 9pm, so that was great.

Liked I said after Mania, everyone who went made it a great night. I actually think the atmosphere was better than at Mania, everyone there was completely up for the craic and it made the night such a joy to host. So thanks to everyone who came, I hope you had as much fun as we did! :)

We wanted this to stand-out from the party aspect of it, so we wouldn't be reliant on WWE putting on a great card to make it worthwhile, and that seems to be how people have reacted despite an average PPV, imo. Again, that's down to everyone there making it what it is. We can only put on matches, play music and have the banter, it's how you all react to it that makes it special.

I'll have the photos and some vids up soon, and I'll link to em from here when I do.

Thanks again guys. There's 100% going to be another party for the Rumble, as for Survivor Series or any other events we'll play it by ear and keep you posted both here and on the Facebook page as soon as we know.

Advertisement