Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

CAR BOOT SALES - DATES AND LOCATIONS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭purplepug

Forgot to post this - the link for the FB page for the Big Booty! http://www.facebook.com/events/361325820622613/?fref=ts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭GSOIRL

Car Boot Sale

Saturday 27th October

9am - 1pm

De La Salle Palmerston, Kilternan

Cars €10 Vans €15

Mod change: For further details PM the OP

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭starface

Anyone know if tallaght is on tomorrow? Considering how cold it is will there be many sellers... Travelling a good hour to get there so I'd like to know if it's worthwhile.

Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

St Malachy's Boys National School

1st December

Gates open 8.00am - 9.00am

Open to the public 9.00am - 3.00pm

Cars €10
    Small Vans €15
    Large Vans €20

Mod: Contact OP by PM for further information

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 era030708

Naas market & car boot open as normal next Sunday 23rd Dec 10am til 5pm at Naas Racecourse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

Does anyone know if Tallaght is busy this time of the year ? Has anyone done this by themselves? I know most people bring someone as you can be like a lamb to the slaughter up there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 pheonix1234

I'd be interested to know that too. I've been meaning to do it for a while but can't coerce anyone to come with me.

I'd be interested to know that too. I've been meaning to do it for a while but can't coerce anyone to come with me.

Maybe someone should start a car booty buddy thread? If two or more people were interested in going they could meet at the venue and one person unpack their car while the other watches their stuff and vice versa. They could also keep an eye for each other throughout the day, for loo breaks getting food etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

yeah, I'd never go to a car boot sale alone.
    even in the nicest of areas stuff can get stolen, so best to have two people so always someone keeping an eye on the table.
    also means you can both take a few minutes to look around at what everone else has for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭ozmo

Just posting some information about a few boot sales i know are still ongoing in Dublin...

1) Balbriggan Car Boot Sale - very busy with a sometimes a lot of stalls - all outdoors so tends to end early in bad weather. 2 euros entry (per car) to browse. Every Sunday early til about 1:00pm or 2:00pm max.
    Far out - Can be quite a lot of junk as well as some great collectable finds - cold and loose stone ground is not pram etc friendly - so this one for the really determined only....

Its just a Field in googles map but a very large market in real life
    here

2) FairyHouse Racecourse is very very busy and has a section for bootsellers as well as market stalls. 2 euros entry. Open most sundays (except the racing days which are not often). Early til late in the day (maybe 3 or 4pm).

3) Not sure what this place is called - Turvey Ave in Fingal..
    There is a small bootsale here each week that opens til late in the day. Free entry to browse. Sunday.
    http://goo.gl/maps/BPDzY

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement

ozmo wrote: »
    Just posting some information about a few boot sales i know are still ongoing in Dublin...

1) Balbriggan Car Boot Sale - very busy with a sometimes a lot of stalls - all outdoors so tends to end early in bad weather. 2 euros entry to browse. Every Sunday early til about 2:00pm

Its just a Field in googles map but a very large market in real life
    here[/URL

2) FairyHouse Racecourse is very very busy and has a section for bootsellers as well as market stalls. 2 euros entry. Open most sundays (except racing days).

3) Not sure what this place is called - Turvey Ave in Fingal..
    There is a small bootsale here each week that opens til late in the day. Free entry to browse.
    http://goo.gl/maps/BPDzY

How much is entry to Fairyhouse?

Danniboo wrote: »
    How much is entry to Fairyhouse?

its 2 euros for the car park to browse - but I don't know how much to sell stuff.

Its very big one - Half indoors - half outdoors - It tends to be a lot less junky a market/boot seller than the other markets can be- with some decent tools, new stuff and antiques available as well as the usual boot seller stuff.

Oh - and there is another very small car boot on each week - in Blanchardstown - signposted from Clonsilla Road in the Verona GAA club and car park - its behind the Fingal Office block thats in front of the Blanchardstown shopping center. That one is free entry and I think also only open on Sundays.
    http://goo.gl/maps/Z8kLP

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

Tallaght stadium is free to look around and €20 for a space. Every Sat morning buyers and sellers arrive from 5.30am and is over around 12. Can be very busy.

Balbriggan market is €2 to enter to browse, €20 for a car seller and €30 for vans. Very busy market. Sellers and buyers arrive from 5.30am

Fairyhouse market €2 to enter to browse, €25 for car sellers. Anyone wishing to sell must ring and book in on Thursdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

What time does Tallaght Stadium start from for sellers? I've seen three different web sites with three conflicting times.

Also - what's the best option for parking in the area? Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

At the moment buyers and sellers start arriving from 5.30am gates open at 6am during the summer months buyers and sellers arrive from 4.30am and gates open at 5am. The minute the market opens it can start getting busy.

If your selling they will show you where to park and you sell beside your car. If your a buyer you park in the car park beside the sellers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 BrockaghCentre

Glendalough Car Boot Sale,
    Brockagh Resource Centre

Next sale: Sunday 3th March, 2013

Time: 10.00am to 4.00pm

Further information contact: 0404 45600
    www.facebook.com/brockagh.centre

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

Car Boot Sale
    Athenry Mart
    Co.Galway
    Saturday 16th of March
    10am till 3pm
    Cars €10, Vans €20

Refreshments & Loos

This is a weather dependent event.
    Contact poster for more details.

Sellers usually start arriving at 9:30am. This is not a super early arrival event. Buyers don't really get going till 11am.

Heard about this one at the Athenry Car boot so I thought I'd pass it on...

The Poultry Club
    Car boot and Bring & Buy sale
    Gort Mart, Gort Co. Galway
    Sunday 14th April, 10am-2pm
    Cars €10

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lostkoss

Hi All- indoor tables and outdoor car spaces still available at our charity fundraiser fleamarket / art raffle / multimedia night! more information on the facebook event page-

http://www.facebook.com/events/433197263433876/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 BrockaghCentre

Glendalough Car Boot Sale,
    Brockagh Resource Centre

Co. Wicklow

Next sale: Sunday 7th April, 2013

Time: 10.00am to 4.00pm

Further information contact: 0404 45600
    www.facebook.com/brockagh.centre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭tro81

When is the next carboot.at dundrum?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Jainaeva

Hello I will be moving house soon and have a lot of knick knacks to sell, books and dvd's and such, can anyone tell me if it is worth participating in a car boot sale? Also do you have to bring your own table or is that provided? I am a total newbie and have no idea how it works. I just read that a seller needs to pay between €10 and €20 to sell but not much else.. Any idea? I also did like the idea someone posted regarding a car boot buddy.. i am interested in going to the one in Blanchardstown or Ballymun..

Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Are we not bothering with this http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056219424 thread anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Jainaeva

Are we not bothering with this http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056219424 thread anymore?

The threat mentioned has the last post June of last year, whereas this one has had very recent threats. Maybe the car boot posts should be deleted of here as this is where i ended up when i googled "car boot sale" the other one didnt show up. I posted my question there too. thank you for the link.

That other ones title is markets- this one title is car boot- merging them might be a good idea as many markets have a car boot component to them anyway?

“Roll it back”

ozmo wrote: »
    That other ones title is markets- this one title is car boot- merging them might be a good idea as many markets have a car boot component to them anyway?

No, the other one is: Car Boot Sales,Auctions & Markets Off Topic Q&A

Jainaeva wrote: »
    Hello I will be moving house soon and have a lot of knick knacks to sell, books and dvd's and such, can anyone tell me if it is worth participating in a car boot sale? Also do you have to bring your own table or is that provided? I am a total newbie and have no idea how it works. I just read that a seller needs to pay between €10 and €20 to sell but not much else.. Any idea? I also did like the idea someone posted regarding a car boot buddy.. i am interested in going to the one in Blanchardstown or Ballymun..

Thank you

Well worth going to a car boot sale, you can get rid of lot's of bit's in one go.;) My advice is....

1) Usually you bring your own table, or tarp for the ground
    2) Bring something to throw over your stuff in case of rain.
    3) Bring plenty of change (€1, €2, €5). Don't rely on the organiser as he/she has been asked for change by everyone already and has run out too.
    4) All the stuff you've said you've got sells well, but for a song
    5) The Cheaper your stuff, the quicker it sells
    6) When folks are browsing, let them know the more they buy they'll get a discount and stuff thrown in for free... unless you plan to go to heaps of car boot sales in the future that's how you 'clear out'.
    7) Be prepared for the elements (rain/sunblock)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Is the sale still on in St Joseph's in Dun Laoghaire? Looking to sell a load of CDs, DVDs, records and games.

e_e wrote: »
    Is the sale still on in St Joseph's in Dun Laoghaire? Looking to sell a load of CDs, DVDs, records and games.

Dun Laoghaire Car Boot Sale
    St.Joseph’s NS, Tivoli Road, Dun Laoghaire
    (Last Sunday of month until October)
    Next sale: Sunday 28th April, 2013
    Gates open at 8:00am and sale continues until 2:00pm.

http://collectireland.wordpress.com/car-boot-sales/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

You can pay in on the morning right? Last time I was selling there they asked if we'd bought tickets already as everyone else seemed to.

Advertisement