Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lessons / Teachers [Post here only]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 peterjuly

Hi

I am interested in learning the bodhran, need help in buying one and lessons

Regards

Pete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Canuck88

I'm from Canada and new to Ireland, but I've been playing for 10 years or so, performing, teaching and playing in sessions in Winnipeg, Manitoba. I learned most of my music from Susan Hammer, one of a handful of Canadians to obtain the TTCT certification from CCE.

Instruments: Whistle, Concert Flute, Bodhran

Private Lessons @ €15 per 1/2 hour.

Group Lessons @ €20 per 1 hour.

Group lessons are available for both beginners and improvers, and will take place once a week. A minimum 3 participants will be needed for a group.

Check out more of my music here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lolo20

Hey guys, anyone looking for lessons in music theory especially for Junior or Leaving Cert, I am available to give grinds. Can travel if needed. I am currently studying at third level and am in my second year. I am studying Irish and Music. Please don't hesitate to ask if your feeling worried at this stage! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Bosphorus

drum lessons available in your home, or in mine......in the cork area....(bishopstown)
    have experience with jazz funk samba rock blues regae, and can teach you the push pul and moeller techniques....i can also teach you the grade pieces up to and including grade 8
    will teach comping between hands and feet, and can teach you the moeller stroke with your feet pm me if interested.....lessons start from €15 half and hour

the moeller stroke http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJGDts6XZ_k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Joeboes

Button accordion lessons available

Beginners and Intermediate

€20 per hour

Available evenings and some weekends

Area: Limerick and Clare

Please feel free PM for further information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Hi,

I am interested in learning a trad instrument.

The tin whistle, Bodhran, button acc, even the guitar.

I am a complete beginner so it will prob take a while.

I live in Limerick, but i work in Clare.

So if there is anyone offering lessons please let me know.

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 gilters

Hi...I am very interested in learning the 5 string banjo and my 12 year old would like to play the concertina,,,
    We live in Limerick city.....Anyone any idea if there are lessons etc available in my area?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Doneybrewer

My son who is almost 5 would like accordian lessons. Living in Derry. Are you near this?
    Hi there,

I'm an experienced tin whistle player who is available to give lessons in the Co. Donegal area. I can also teach beginner piano accordian. Large repetoire of great trad tunes.

Available evenings and weekends.

Individual and group lessons catered for. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭lucygoosy

Hi,

I teach traditional flute, tin-whistle to all ages.

I can help prepare for Junior and Leaving Cert practicals in these instruments and also any style of singing.

I can also give grinds in the Music syllabus for Junior Cert.

Very reasonable rates as money is tight but Music is never a waste of money!

Galway area

Email ansmcwilla@gmail.com or PM me on this site for more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Quirkyduck

Subject(s): I teach classical clarinet and piano, I also teach traditional irish music on piano, concertina and tinwhistle, music theory, junior and leaving cert music and grinds
    Lessons in Students Home? Yes
    Contact Name:
    Karen Ni Bhroin
    Email: karenjanenora@gmail.com

I have a perforance diploma from LCM on trad piano and have completed all my grades on all instruments listed above. I am a music student in trinity studying music education. I have been teaching for 5 years now. I put students through their exams, none have gotten below an honour so far. Last year one of my students was placed in the Fleadh Ceoil na hEireann.

Feel free to email me, I will reply asap smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭ceoltoir

I'd like to get one-one mandolin lessons in south Dublin city. I'm an adult learner (49) with some playing experience but would like to start at the beginning again. A perpetual beginner!

Send a PM if you're interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Gillybeans1

Hi,
    I'm a beginner looking for Button Accordian Lessons one-to-one or with a group I'm located in Wexford and willing to travel for lessons.
    Email: gilliancasey1@gmail.com
    Thanks a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jenneke87

Does anyone know any harpteachers in Limerick/Ennis?

Love jenny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Jo77

Traditional fiddle, tin whistle, guitar plus music theory. Groups or one to one tuition.
    Group classes in Conradh na Gaeilge, Thomas Street and one to one classes are based in Annacotty.

Prices for one to one tuition
    New students - First lesson free. Then you can buy the next 4 lessons at a reduced rate of e60 per lesson (usually e70).

We have a range of payment options to help spread the cost of a term

You can cancel lessons if necessary and we will reschedule at a convinient time for student and teacher.

Contact name: Joanne Ward
    Contact email: kickthefiddle@gmail.com
    Qulaifications - Masters in Traditional Irish Music Performance from UL 2006
    PM for more details.
    Also if you are looking for tuition in other instruments PM me - usually I would know someone who teaches it
    Happy diddling!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Jo77

Jenneke87 wrote: »
    Does anyone know any harpteachers in Limerick/Ennis?

Love jenny

Elaine Hogan of Ennis - I don't know if she does private teaching so I'll ask her before I give out her number. I worked with her before - brilliant musician, very nice even tempered girl - she'd be excellent!

Looking just to get started or don't mind of the teacher changes after a year. Then you could try UL Trad music students - call the Irish World music centre and ask if any of their students are looking for a teacher.

Hope this helps slightly ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Madra Sneachta

Hi there,

I'm an experienced tin whistle player who is available to give lessons in the Co. Donegal area. I can also teach beginner piano accordian. Large repetoire of great trad tunes.

Hi,
    I'm looking for a piano accordian and tin whistle teacher in Letterkenny for a group of 15, but would need more than beginner level. Can you advise on availability for Wednesdays 6-7 or 7-8 and rates of pay.?

Jo77 wrote: »
    Elaine Hogan of Ennis - I don't know if she does private teaching so I'll ask her before I give out her number. I worked with her before - brilliant musician, very nice even tempered girl - she'd be excellent!

Looking just to get started or don't mind of the teacher changes after a year. Then you could try UL Trad music students - call the Irish World music centre and ask if any of their students are looking for a teacher.

Very much so:) I hope Elaine will be giving private lessons as that is what I preffer. I hope to hear from you again soon:)

Love jenny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Sligo_Style

Fiddle Classes

for Adults and Kids

Covering from Beguiners to Advanced,

In North County Dublin

Experienced Teachers (over 15 years)

Advance Classes Monday night, and Beguiners & Intermediate classes during week.

Our aim is not only to make you a better player but also to ensure you enjoy playing no matter what level you are at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 dlennon

Hi I have been living in Galway County for 5 years now, and before I moved here and had children,(origonally from N Ireland), I was an Irish Traditional Flute player, who won many medals in Fleadhs around the country including two seconds in the All Ireland.

Since having my Children, I have not really played it, but would love to get back into the Irish Music Scene. I can still play a tune or two, but I am way way way out of practice. I still own my own flute, a John Williams, which I love, so if anyone out there know of any flute classes in the Galway area, or any sessions that I could attend to gently get me back in practice, that I could join in on, could you please let me know, it would be greatly appreciated!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Anbhfuil

Availability: weekends/eves mostly,some afternoons

Cost: 20e, less if more students

Qualifications: BA in Irish Music and Dance

I love to play in sessions and enjoy teaching. We can do the leasons in my home or I will travell within reason.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭vibez

As above looking for someone to give me lessons on Banjo or Tin whistle but I wana learn both.

Based in Meath but can travel north dublin.

Thanks

Jo77 wrote: »

Hi don't mean to bother you but do you know anything more perhaps whether she gives private lessons or not?

Love jenny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭wb

Hi folks, hope no-one minds me posting this on behalf of someone I know well that doesn't have a boards account. He's 100% genuine and excellent at what he does.

Bodhrán Lessons in Wicklow

Bodhrán lessons for complete beginers. After 5 lessons you will be able to play along to almost any tune!

Students must have their own Bodhrán and stick.

Full cost of 5 classes is €100 to be paid on first night of enrolment.

Limited spaces, call 086 354 3206 to make a booking or email bodhranlessons@hotmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Mart78

Hi there,

Hi my name is Martin just wondering were in Donegal as i live there and i am intrested.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Mahonie

Hi, im and experienced performer and teacher in the north cork area, ive toured and played around the country and abroad with various traditional music groups and shows. im available for teaching in guitar and bodhran, you can contact me before 6 on 0872820852
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭martdalto

I would love to learn to play the fiddle (have wanted to for a long time.. but it's to become my "new hobby"!)

I can already play piano accordion and tin whistle, so while I'm an absolute new comer to the fiddle, I have a little musical knowledge already!

I'm situated in South Kilkenny, close to New Ross.

Anyone out there who can help me, send me a PM.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 SosAnIolair

Hi i'm interested in getting bodhran lessons in Galway city does anyone have any idea where to look?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 rowlfmuppet

do you still teach piano? Please let me know. I would like to learn but have never played piano before.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 el123456

tin whistle, flute and low whistle lessons available in the comfort of your own home(Tipperary/ area only) individual or group lessons catered for. €10 on average, but price negotiable. Discounts for 2+ in group session.email costigan.nellie.ellen@gmail.com for further info. :):rolleyes:;):p:o:o:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 el123456

Tin Whistle and traditional Flute Lessons Available - Tipperary Area
    Very Experienced Whistle Player
    Group and individual Lessons available
    PM for details or contact costigan.nellie.ellen@gmail.com
    Reasonable rates, prices negotiable!:)

Advertisement