Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crikey we have an AFL forum. Say hello and who you support

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,856 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

The Port game is the only game I've missed. Going again today to hopefully see them get back on track against the Dees. Last week was a real sickener.

Tickets are surprisingly easy to get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Beer Werewolf

Xavi6 wrote: »
    The Port game is the only game I've missed. Going again today to hopefully see them get back on track against the Dees. Last week was a real sickener.

Tickets are surprisingly easy to get.

****e, that was a REALLY close game, thank god we won that one, I was doubting a few times. Compared to the Port one it was very close.Tense the whole way through! I had time to sit and watch it today with my dad which was nice. Wish I could've actually been at the game, lucky you mate. What did you think??

We were absolutely awful. So many basic skills lacking it wasn't even funny. The likes of Spangher, Schofield and Scott Selwood are average at best.

It was tough losing Priddis before the game and Kerr early on and you could see they were badly missed. The amount of behinds we kick is ridiculous. Think the post was struck 4 times today.

Le Cras was superb though, best player on the ground imo. Always a danger anywhere around goal.

We were absolutely awful. So many basic skills lacking it wasn't even funny. The likes of Spangher, Schofield and Scott Selwood are average at best.

It was tough losing Priddis before the game and Kerr early on and you could see they were badly missed. The amount of behinds we kick is ridiculous. Think the post was struck 4 times today.

Le Cras was superb though, best player on the ground imo. Always a danger anywhere around goal.

All our thoughts exactly -swears- it was sloppy. :( Just feckin' sloppy. It was like they were thinking 'oh well we're not gonna win' but on occasion, they sorta picked up. It was a pity with Kerr but we were REALLY lucky to push through. Lots of misjudged kicks, that's for sure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

Found about Aussie Rules about 6 years ago flicking through TG4 and suddenly it appeared. Following it ever since. I'm a Geelong fan, my surname is Long so it seemed like the logical connection.
    What an amazing team. Might not have superstars like Fev or Lance Franklin but they truly are more than the sum of their parts. There gonna make it 2 outta 3 this year. Up the Cats!!

• Advertisement

Found about Aussie Rules about 6 years ago flicking through TG4 and suddenly it appeared. Following it ever since. I'm a Geelong fan, my surname is Long so it seemed like the logical connection.
    What an amazing team. Might not have superstars like Fev or Lance Franklin but they truly are more than the sum of their parts. There gonna make it 2 outta 3 this year. Up the Cats!!

Bet you're laughing right now, they're doing great. Pity about the Eagles.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

Bet you're laughing right now, they're doing great. Pity about the Eagles.

Ya it's brilliant, I remeber supporting them when 10th in the table wasn't a huge disapointment. The Eagles have gone back a lot I used to enjoy their football, good and fast. Losing Judd and Cousins was a mortal blow. And Kerr losing his nut a few weeks ago didn't help..

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Matt Le Tissue

Good evening everyone. Been following AFL of TG4 on and off for a while now. Never been to Australia and have no relatives out there so I don't have a team to support (yet). But still enjoy watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Good evening everyone. Been following AFL of TG4 on and off for a while now. Never been to Australia and have no relatives out there so I don't have a team to support (yet). But still enjoy watching it.

Support the Fremantle Dockers, we need all the support we can get! :) Its gonna be a cracker year, cant wait till the season starts again.

GO ON THE DOCKERS!!!!:D

Fremantle Dockers it is then

• Advertisement

Lol you'll regret that in about 8 weeks time.

Wooden spoon contenders yet again

not at all. Had to pick someone and it wouldn't be much fun supporting the bestteam now would it?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Hey!

Stumbled across this forum and thought I'd say hello! I'm a Swans fan, but I also like to follow the Irish guys going well in other clubs. Being from Cork, the eye is also on Carlton. I wouldn't be a life or death follower, but do keep an eye on things (ironically enough, I type this while wearing a new Swans tshirt!)

Been to one game, Swans v Carlton 2008 in the SCG, met one of my favourite players ever after the game Adam Goodes so I was a happy camper. Managed to bump into a couple of guys from Grange in Cork as well, shows how small the world really is!

not at all. Had to pick someone and it wouldn't be much fun supporting the bestteam now would it?

Dont worry, the eagles arent the best team, by far, although their fans are convinced of it

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Nuigforce

hello there, like a lot of people i got into the sport watchin tg4 over the last few years, Hawthorn fan now!

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

Collingwood fan by proxy (and family ties towards the Magpies closer to home).

Generally just enjoy watching the games and following the progress of the Irish lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 shawsey

Geelong fan thanks to my gf from Melb!

No wooden spoon this year eh?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Long time fan, rooting for St.Kilda this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

I *barrack for Geelong have done since I arrived and my old flatmate from London’s mum bought me a cats scarf.

Going to the game against Collingwood on Saturday should be a good one tough but Id say the Cats will scrape a win!

*(Apparently I've been told I don’t support a team I barrack for them)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 drumreagh

Cool! An AFL forum! Only a recent convert (early 2007). A Dockers fan - GO FREO!

drumreagh wrote: »
    Cool! An AFL forum! Only a recent convert (early 2007). A Dockers fan - GO FREO!

Good stuff! :)

Whats that Xavi? Wooden spoon you say? :P

Yep the Fockers proved me wrong. Looks like they're now attempting to get rid of every memory of their hideous past ;)

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/fremantle-set-to-dump-jumper-song/story-e6frf9jf-1225932313810

yeah, that jumper with the V's is horrible. I hope they dont go for that one. The purple haze jumoer is much better, its like the original home one, but just purple with a white anchor.

I like the song too. it would be stupid to change it now.

Its almost as bad as this:

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/subiaco-oval-to-be-called-patersons-stadium/story-e6frg12c-1225843011285

Ah christ im so bored without footy. :(
    International rules should be good fun though.

Roll on 2011!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Swans fan here

• Registered Users Posts: 11 chewbaca11

The Dublin aussie rules ladies team are on the look-out for new players!

With the mens league well established, it is now time to develop a Dublin squad for the LADIES!

So come down to training and see if this is the game for you! Learn new skills like how to kick and handpass and take a mark.

No previous experience necessary, all levels are welcome, any nationality welcome!

There is also a fantastic opportunity for players to represent their country at international level, with international competitions including European Championships and World Cup, amongst others. We currently have several players involved in the Irish squad. Very few other sports offer such an opportunity for representing your country and travel.

We are due to begin training in Phoenix Park as soon as we have enough players!

For more information, check out the below websites

www.arfli.com
    www.afl.com.au
    http://womensfooty.com/videos/euro-cup-2010-promo
    http://womensfooty.com/content/ireland-defeats-italy

• Registered Users Posts: 11 chewbaca11

oh and Im a hawks supporter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭StudentC

chewbaca11 wrote: »
    The Dublin aussie rules ladies team are on the look-out for new players!

With the mens league well established, it is now time to develop a Dublin squad for the LADIES!

So come down to training and see if this is the game for you! Learn new skills like how to kick and handpass and take a mark.

No previous experience necessary, all levels are welcome, any nationality welcome!

There is also a fantastic opportunity for players to represent their country at international level, with international competitions including European Championships and World Cup, amongst others. We currently have several players involved in the Irish squad. Very few other sports offer such an opportunity for representing your country and travel.

We are due to begin training in Phoenix Park as soon as we have enough players!

For more information, check out the below websites

www.arfli.com
    www.afl.com.au
    http://womensfooty.com/videos/euro-cup-2010-promo
    http://womensfooty.com/content/ireland-defeats-italy

PM sent Chewbacca

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 sadhbhsdad

Dockers fan here,
    Why no anchor on new jumper ?

Advertisement