Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amstrad Mega PC

• 16-06-2007 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭

Did anyone ever have one of these rare beasts? I remember back in the early 90's these things for sale, but I haven't seen one second hand since, not even on eBay or Buy & Sell. They looked interesting enough, a Mega Drive built into an Amstrad PC.

AmstradMegaPC.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amstrad_Mega_PC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Jesus I'd forgotten all about them. I remember them coming out and thinking to myself that I reallly wanted one. :) Ahh if only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

Wow! That looks neat. I remember reading a review of the machine when they came out but never actually saw one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I remember seeing those on Bad Influence years ago! However as far as I remember the hardware wasnt integrated. You could use the amstrad, then power off and back on to use the megadrive hardware. It did use one video/sound output though so I guess some parts were integrated. Very rare now

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Only one question.... Why? You get a PC you can't upgrade and a megadrive thats hidden in a ugly creme box, that you can't take round to your mates and plug it into his tele for two player hijinx! It's no wonder it didn't do so well :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭djsim

yes, now that looks very interesting. 2 - 1:) I want one of these now..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,705 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's still the only Megadrive that displays in crystal clear VGA. I remember it didn't do too well due to the huge price cost which was more than a Megadrive and similar spec PC.

Advertisement