Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Right Side

• 20-11-2018 3:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭applehunter

New arrival on the Podcast scene.

Prolific episode production so far. 50+ since August.

Filling a huge void in Irish media landscape discussing subjects from a conservative/libertarian point of view.

Regular hosts are Gary Kavanagh, Michael Dwyer, James Bradshaw & Paddy Manning.

Sometimes cynical but for the most part considered opinion.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭VeryTerry

New arrival on the Podcast scene.

Prolific episode production so far. 50+ since August.

Filling a huge void in Irish media landscape discussing subjects from a conservative/libertarian point of view.

Regular hosts are Gary Kavanagh, Michael Dwyer, James Bradshaw & Paddy Manning.

Sometimes cynical but for the most part considered opinion.

Who are these guys? Google is giving me the odd blog post and Twitter account and that's it. Are they journalists?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Polar wizard adventure

Enjoying it so far (only 4 episodes in). A bit rough but it certainly makes a change from the endlessly lefty, predictable and dull Irish Times, Echo Chamber, Suss, Blindboy etc etc.

Why cant they get it on a podcast feed? I can only access it through Soundcloud.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Polar wizard adventure

A few more episodes in. The discussion is at a higher level than most Irish political podcasts. Good intellects and a good bit of disagreement between the hosts (albeit on the right side) allows a broader perspective on issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭applehunter

"Low Culture" is a nice addition.

Recent episodes

Pathfinder : Kingmaker - Video game review
    Top 10 War Movies,
    Dissection of Coen Bros. new western movie on Netflix
    A discussion on the dystopian novels 1984 & A Brave New World.

Podcast interview with Jimmy Sheehan was depressingly damning of the Capital Projects undertaken by our public health system especially the new Children's Hospital in St. James's.

• Advertisement

Morbid & disturbing.

A must listen on the Christchurch mass-murder and the killer's manifesto.

Paddy Manning got a mention on Friday?

Where's Paddy?

anybody still listening to this?

I see that in my podcast list the name has changed to "gript media" so I couldn't see it anymore.

the one on smoking (last day or two) was interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 28,703 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

glasso wrote:
    anybody still listening to this?

Didn't know it existed till now, must check it out

Only on a couple of minutes, and it's already boring the bollocks outta me, I ll persevere though

• Advertisement

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Only on a couple of minutes, and it's already boring the bollocks outta me, I ll persevere though

I haven't listened to many but they do talk some sense imo at times.

eclectic list of subjects so pick and choose

glasso wrote:
    I haven't listened to many but they do talk some sense imo at times.

I ll persist, but it's not looking good, there are some really good conservative/libertarian commentators out there, including Irish ones, but these lads just come across as being a little ignorant and not exactly intelligent, I ll listen on though, thank you for let me know of this podcasts existance

I ll persist, but it's not looking good, there are some really good conservative/libertarian commentators out there, including Irish ones, but these lads just come across as being a little ignorant and not exactly intelligent, I ll listen on though, thank you for let me know of this podcasts existance

who would you consider good?

podcasts?

glasso wrote:
    who would you consider good?

I've only found one irish libertarian commentator, cormac lucey, he does very little media stuff in the sense of podcasts etc, but does write the odd newspaper article. He's an economist from ucd I think.

The only other two I follow are American economists, libertarian deirdre mccloskey, and conservative Jim rickards. They all bring intelligence to their debates, always giving a lefty such as myself something to think about

Like who?

I miss the culture slot.

Bring back Paddy Manning!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Genghis

I find TRS generally very interesting, with a perspective you just won't find in mainstream media.

I love how they don't make the show about the accepted news agenda de jour, and they clearly put some effort in for each show.

I sometimes feel however the obvious intelligence and original perspectives get devalued by infantile comments.

Some of my favourite episodes were when Gary or Michael interview guests, these are rare.

However, I don't get at all the new podcasts, or why they think these belong in the same place as TRS. "You too can cook", "You've got kids". Take those out of my playlist please.

Genghis wrote: »

However, I don't get at all the new podcasts, or why they think these belong in the same place as TRS. "You too can cook", "You've got kids". Take those out of my playlist please.

indeed. not sure why they are lumping that stuff underneath this "gript media" thing. that's not going to make me listen to them.

ill-advised.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 PodcastReview

Gript Media? The Irish Breitbart, with cooking and herbs? Ok possibly not

Do you want to listen to two lads poking fun at what "the left" are up to on twitter?
    What if one has a fake posh accent and the other thinks he's the Irish version of Malcolm Tucker?
    Have you ever wondered what it's like to be in the last group to leave a young Fine Gael AGM?

I'm ashamed to admit after listening to this originally when it began, and deciding it was a bit juvenile and essentially pointless, I have recently listened to a few podcasts and didn't hate them.

I didn't like them, but have warmed to the two lads. They're still not nearly as funny or as clever as they think they are, but at least they have an opinion of their own and aren't just parroting the latest banal horse ****.

I listen to the odd one - actually find them ok and as said - they do try to offer their own opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

Great show. I do wish they curse less though and have less sarcastic humour but otherwise, great show.

Advertisement