Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

John Mayer 2019 3 arena

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭5star02707

It's his birthday on the gig!

One of my friends pointed that out! Should be something special as it is his birthday!

Anyhow here's some presale code as I already got mine. Individual seats left available

ADB1N6AGDKG

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/john-mayer-dublin-10-16-2019/event/1800566A28374A0A?artistid=807327&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1&did=3dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

Did any standing tickets go in the presage this morning, I can only see seated ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

s8n wrote: »
    Did any standing tickets go in the presage this morning, I can only see seated ?

Yep

Are they all gone as I’m not seeing any ?

Are they all gone as I’m not seeing any ?

All presale standings are gone but there will be more on general sale.

You normally cant select seats on Presale tickets so it was random earlier. You can try again on Friday but make sure you're online at 9 it'll be gone fast

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭thelawman

Been quite a while since I was in the 3Arena, would it be best to go for seating or standing for this gig. Don’t want to spend the night looking at a screen,

thelawman wrote: »
    Been quite a while since I was in the 3Arena, would it be best to go for seating or standing for this gig. Don’t want to spend the night looking at a screen,

seating.. allows you to enjoy and not worry about tall people. Also you have a drink holder.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,368 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

This isn't the blues guy or is that John Mayall.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

This isn't the blues guy or is that John Mayall.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

Does anyone have a spare presale code please?

• Advertisement

PM'd

• Registered Users Posts: 10,220 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Mainstream wise...no. He's very popular with guitarists and musicians though (as well as despised by some) and although that wouldn't sell-out one night in the 3 Arena alone never mind two nights, I'd say this gig will sell well.

The few musician pages I'm on have been lighting up since this gig was announced. I'd actually say it'll be a bigger cockfest than last year's Toto gigs in Vicar Street. :pac:

I'm not into him but he's the epitome of mainstream.

Sold out instantly ??

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Sold out instantly ??
    Looked like it, then they released the upper tier.

Tickets are still available on K,L and N sections upper seats

Birneybau wrote: »
    I'm not into him but he's the epitome of mainstream.

Here in Ireland? I disagree that he is 'mainstream' for his music let alone the epitome of the term. Before this gig announcement, in recent years he rarely featured on Irish radio playlists. Even with the likes of Tom Dunne and John Creedon who can have varied and eclectic selections for their shows. It appears that he hasn't played a gig here since 2004 in Vicar Street, and never really seemed to focus on Ireland anyway such was his superstar status elsewhere.

Artists who are mainstream in Ireland play on mainstream Irish radio regularly and sell-out the 3 Arena on the first day of sale. Gone way off-topic now, but as a fan of his music I disagree.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

I went to see him in Singapore last week. Had seen him Glasgow years ago and cried my way through the gig he was so good.

This time was different. Only cried during slow dancing and Free fallin . Oh and a little during edge of desire coz I knew the gig was almost over.

I have been to many amazing gigs but my 2 JM experiences are in a league of their own.

I am thinking of planning a trip home from Malaysia to eh "see my family" in October....

Witchie wrote: »
    I went to see him in Singapore last week. Had seen him Glasgow years ago and cried my way through the gig he was so good.

This time was different. Only cried during slow dancing and Free fallin . Oh and a little during edge of desire coz I knew the gig was almost over.

I have been to many amazing gigs but my 2 JM experiences are in a league of their own.

I am thinking of planning a trip home from Malaysia to eh "see my family" in October....

Do it.

Caught him last year in Amsterdam, I was blown away.

Have tickets for first rows in this gig. Thank you Presale code!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Walt Grace

Info from Ticketmaster:
    Doors: 6.30pm
    No support, show start 7:30pm start with Intermission

Went to see him in the US this summer....he came on about 7.50pm and played for just over an hour, 30 mins intermissions and then back out for about 1.5 hours. Probably expect the same next week.

Should be awesome!:)

Any Idea how the seats will be set up? from Ticketmaster image it seems there will be a small portion for standing but what prices are they goin for, VIP / Platinum?

Also would they not block the views for the 1st few rows?

15072s.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

5star02707 wrote: »
    Any Idea how the seats will be set up? from Ticketmaster image it seems there will be a small portion for standing but what prices are they goin for, VIP / Platinum?

Also would they not block the views for the 1st few rows?

15072s.gif

This is a longstanding "optimum standing" configuration that's often used. The tier starts at Row 5 (as opposed to Row 1 for a fully seated show), so nobody in the seats will have their view obscured. The standing tickets would have been sold as normal standing tickets. They often opt for the small standing area if they think the act warrants it, but don't want to use the full floor arrangement. I think it's often dictated by the perceived age demographic of the act's fanbase too. They generally use it for the BluesFest shows, for instance, but have used it for all sorts of things, from Barry Gibb and Duran Duran to Rush and The Who.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

I'm looking for one standing, seems to be very few spares floating around

I'm looking for one standing, seems to be very few spares floating around

Keep an eye on Ticketmaster in the next few days. There should be good seats and/or standing tickets released in the 48 hours before the gig which were originally held for production/hospitality but aren't needed now.

I’m baffled by the lack of spare standing tickets floating around for this (none came back on TM), I had no idea he was this popular here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭Wooderson

I’m baffled by the lack of spare standing tickets floating around for this (none came back on TM), I had no idea he was this popular here

He should do a 40 min Dark Star to straighten a few people out

• Registered Users Posts: 12,450 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

The Script played Croke Park. Nothing should be surprising.

It's his birthday today as well :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,450 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

No standing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I know nothing about his music. But his bedroom conquests sure make good reading - Love-Hewitt, Anniston, Perry, Simpson.
    Worth the entry fee alone to be in the presence of this God-like creature.

Sorry for taking this off topic.

Advertisement