Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cork to Santander

• 29-01-2019 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Evening,

Hope everyone is cosy on this freezing night!

Two of us are hoping to finish walking the Northern Camino this summer, starting from Santander. When we saw that there was a ferry from Cork, we thought it would be an attractive ( environmental, we have the time etc.) alternative to flying.

Obviously we won't have a car, but we can't book without a car. What would be the chance that if we just showed up, a car/ campervan would be happy to take us and half the cost?

I'm really just thinking out loud at the moment and feel free to write if what I'm suggesting is madness.

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Evening,

Hope everyone is cosy on this freezing night!

Two of us are hoping to finish walking the Northern Camino this summer, starting from Santander. When we saw that there was a ferry from Cork, we thought it would be an attractive ( environmental, we have the time etc.) alternative to flying.

Obviously we won't have a car, but we can't book without a car. What would be the chance that if we just showed up, a car/ campervan would be happy to take us and half the cost?

I'm really just thinking out loud at the moment and feel to write if what I'm suggesting is madness.

Thank you.

There is a big thread on that sailing here somewhere, it may be best to post on that. I'll try find the link for you.

://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057830820/39/#post109214778

• Registered Users Posts: 18 determinedlass

Thank you!

Thank you!

I just see the link I posted doesn't work. The the thread is in the cork city forum anyways

Thanks - I would not have thought of the Cork city forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

I don't think you could just rock up as cars already booked will have number of passengers already listed. You'd have to get somebody to add you to their booking in advance.

Thank you - so near and yet so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Fly to either Biarritz, Bilbao or Vigo, its a fraction of the cost, even with checked-in baggage.
    The Santander Ferry service is simply way to expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

Be aware of the crossing durations.

The Wednesday sailing is a 1 nighter - Depart Cork, Wed, 11:00 - Arrive Santander, Thu, 14:30

The Friday sailing is a 2 nighter - Depart Cork, Fri, 22:30, Arrive Santander, Sun, 08:00

On a no-frills, économie service, I know which one I'd be taking!

Benbecul97 wrote: »
    Be aware of the crossing durations.

The Wednesday sailing is a 1 nighter - Depart Cork, Wed, 11:00 - Arrive Santander, Thu, 14:30

The Friday sailing is a 2 nighter - Depart Cork, Fri, 22:30, Arrive Santander, Sun, 08:00

On a no-frills, économie service, I know which one I'd be taking!

Well its not a cruise ship but it has bars, resteraunts, WiFi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Dee 007

Hi I am hoping to go on the ferry from Cork to Santander. It’s just me & small dog in the car. I am interested in taking
    2/3 people in my car & also to share the 4 berth cabin. I am planning to go at the end of March 2019.
    If anybody is interested, please contact me.
    Thanks
    Dee

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dee 007

Thank you - so near and yet so far.

I am going in my car with small dog at the end of March 2019.
    Contact me if interested in sharing cost of car & cabin.
    Thanks
    Dee

Dee 007 wrote: »
    I am going in my car with small dog at the end of March 2019.
    Contact me if interested in sharing cost of car & cabin.
    Thanks
    Dee

Hi Dee. There is a longer thread on this sailing on the Cork city forum, you may stir more interest over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

Well its not a cruise ship but it has bars, resteraunts, WiFi.

Still wouldn't fancy 2 nights!
    Every ferry I have ever been on the WiFi is always rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 fergie bxl

Dee 007 wrote: »
    Hi I am hoping to go on the ferry from Cork to Santander. It’s just me & small dog in the car. I am interested in taking
    2/3 people in my car & also to share the 4 berth cabin. I am planning to go at the end of March 2019.
    If anybody is interested, please contact me.
    Thanks
    Dee

Hello Dee,

Will you be sailing on the Connemara?

TIA

Advertisement