Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

40th birthday ideas for the wife

• 20-12-2018 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Could people give me some ideas what to plan for the wife for her 40th. What I was thinking was to give her €2k as I know she wanted to buy some jewellery and surprise her with a night away and dinner in a nice restaurant. Would this be considered a good present or would anybody have any other ideas? We have young children and she is not set on the idea of going abroad and leaving them with family.

I was hoping to put more thought into the birthday itself - I feel with the above ideas I have not put much thought into it.

Just to note she does not want a party and is very much a low key person so no big fuss but I want to mark the occasion.

Thank you all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Do Not Give Money.
    I'd leave my OH if she gave me money as a present. Jebus.

I'd prefer nothing, money is awful, awful, awful present for a partner. Buy a ring/necklace and book the nights away yourself!

Advertisement