Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ISO old horseshoes

• 17-12-2018 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭

Would anyone know where I could get some old horseshoes to try out a craft idea.
    Am in Kerry but would be willing to cover postage costs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭TheFarrier

What part of Kerry are you in??

I’ve any amount of old shoes here, if you want to PM me we can arrange something

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭isaos

thecelt wrote: »
    Would anyone know where I could get some old horseshoes to try out a craft idea.
    Am in Kerry but would be willing to cover postage costs.

Did you try asking any farrier around? I could ask mine anyway, also based in Kerry. I'll also ask stables around me - give me a few days! I'm always trying to keep mines for a project that will never happen,:D I'll check if I could spare you some.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭isaos

LOL I was right re Farriers :D I hadn't seen TheFarrier's reply, sorry!

• Subscribers Posts: 40,953 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

sorry for piggy backing on this thread, but anyone any idea where id get some old used horse shoes around the Laois Offaly area?

Its to have to traditional irish games of horse shoe throwing.

Ive searched the usual adverts / done deal etc and cant find any.

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭TheFarrier

sydthebeat wrote: »
    sorry for piggy backing on this thread, but anyone any idea where id get some old used horse shoes around the Laois Offaly area?

TIA

The type of shoe you’d pick up around the place wouldn’t be suitable. Or should I say the “horseshoes” used for that game don’t resemble a genuine shoe. They’re usually specially made and are way bigger and heavier than even Clydesdale shoes

• Advertisement

TheFarrier wrote: »
    The type of shoe you’d pick up around the place wouldn’t be suitable. Or should I say the “horseshoes” used for that game don’t resemble a genuine shoe. They’re usually specially made and are way bigger and heavier than even Clydesdale shoes

Thanks farrier, it wouldn't have to be "regulation" size if you know what I mean.
    Its for a friend who is having a medieval themed wedding with loads of old style games of which this is one.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

TIA

I’ve about 10-15 old shoes here if you want them. Can get them to Tullamore any weekday

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I’ve about 10-15 old shoes here if you want them. Can get them to Tullamore any weekday

that would be fantastic charlie... ill pm you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Post us a picture of the finished piece. :)

Post us a picture of the finished piece. :)

Of a horse shoe throwing game??

It will be a rebar in the ground :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Of a horse shoe throwing game??

It will be a rebar in the ground :)

Oh i thought you were using them to make a a center piece or art or something.

Its given me a good idea though ! :pac:

I need to read posts!

Advertisement