Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Classic FM BLOCKED TO LISTENERS IN IRELAND

Options
  • 02-11-2017 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

I notice that I am unable to receive classic FM via internet radio as it appears to be geoblocked since we are not in UK. What a joke this copyright issue? Using a vpn it’s possible to receive and it’s also available on ch. 721 on satellite. Anyone out there in the same boat?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

It's playing in my browser but I had to input a UK postcode

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭shoegirl

BBC 3 you can listen to, or even lyric fm.

You can do a lot better than classic fm, especially with Internet only. Look for Venice classic radio... It's excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Expunge

Or Pure Classic - it's Irish according to Tune In.

Just find the postcode for somewhere in Britain, like a Tesco store in Cardiff or something, and use that every time the Classic FM player looks for a postcode.

The app works fine for me in the Rep. of Ireland. without any postcode.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 deathdancing88

I find P2 Sveriges Radio is better than Classic FM and Lyric FM, imo :P

Advertisement