Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Unsophisticated bombs in London

• 05-03-2019 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭

Sky getting knickers in a bunch over the Irish stamps on the bombs sent in the post to London. What do you folks reckon...lone republican nutjob, a genuine rise of a new IRA, or some ISIS lone wolf who happens to live here (or is this a false flag to make Ireland look bad, ya know cos of BREXIT)?

https://news.sky.com/story/first-pictures-of-explosive-devices-sent-around-london-11655854

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Tomhammer

Any prints on them

• Registered Users Posts: 16,626 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

It's obviously a MI5 conspiracy to remind people that a hard border risks going back to the bad old days. I for one will be glad when brexit, hard border and back stop are no longer in use

• Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭screamer

Who knows, but if they go messing with the Good Friday agreement etc, they will add relevance back to those groups who are largely irrelevant now, and more of this sort of thing can be expected. I don’t think they quite understand what they are messing with in the pursuit of making Britain “great”

A blatant attempt by the pro-Brexit camp to undermine the backstop.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Typical British media calling something from Ireland unsophisticated. Could they not have called our explosive devices stylish or elegant? I'd even settle for a "debonair."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Return to sender! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Two of the incendiary devices were from England and all of them had to be put there by someone there.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭slipperyox

do they really
    want something sophisticated?

slipperyox wrote: »
    do they really
    want something sophisticated?

Sky News want Brexit in its purest form, and Paddy to take his soup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Typical British media calling something from Ireland unsophisticated. Could they not have called our explosive devices stylish or elegant? I'd even settle for a "debonair."

There's a lot to be said for simplicity!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Defo us lot
    It is understood that reports suggesting at least two of the packages had Republic of Ireland postage stamps on it are accurate.

They are being treated as linked and the Met’s counter-terrorism command said it was keeping an “open mind regarding motives”. No arrests have been made and inquiries are continuing.

At about 9.55am, officers received a report of a suspicious package at the Compass Centre. The package was opened by staff at the building, causing the device to initiate. This resulted in part of the package burning. No one was injured. Flights at Heathrow were not affected.

1080.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Return says Bus Éireann Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

EDit wrote: »
    Sky getting knickers in a bunch over the Irish stamps on the bombs sent in the post to London. What do you folks reckon...lone republican nutjob, a genuine rise of a new IRA, or some ISIS lone wolf who happens to live here (or is this a false flag to make Ireland look bad, ya know cos of BREXIT)?

https://news.sky.com/story/first-pictures-of-explosive-devices-sent-around-london-11655854
    I think a good few people associated with Saoradh may be getting contacted by the garda and British intelligence. Serves them right after their idiocy a few weeks ago with the car bomb, supporting (and possibly having knowledge of or involvement with) terrorism up north.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Duane Dibbley

Sky News want Brexit in its purest form, and Paddy to take his soup.

No they dont. They go to great lengths to dismantle brexiteers logic

BBC on the other hand.......

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

keeping the hard border question alive...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

They tricked them with the Love stamps.

qpu9NmnTT64g2AVleHTA_stamp.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

Up the Ra

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭schizo1014

Wouldn't be the first time a group like the New IRA sent letter bombs to addresses in England

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭ShadyAcres

These suicide bombers really get my goat, Whatever happened to good old gentlemen bombers like the IRA who would quietly pop a bomb under a table and leave without making a song and dance about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,198 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Return says Bus Éireann Dublin

That narrows the suspects to only around 1.5 million pissed off commuters.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Sciprio

I'd keep an open mind. Them stamps can be bought online from anywhere in the world and have them delivered to their country like it could be a brexiteer or some unionist with an agenda we just don't don't yet. The type of package they were sent in should be source were they can be bought as well. It seems a bit off to me and sending them to airports? If it was the IRA wouldn't they target military,government spots instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

It's all too conveniently obvious, which screams some dimwitted Brexit head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Tomhammer

Sciprio wrote: »
    I'd keep an open mind. Them stamps can be bought online from anywhere in the world and have them delivered to their country like it could be a brexiteer or some unionist with an agenda we just don't don't yet. The type of package they were sent in should be source were they can be bought as well. It seems a bit off to me and sending them to airports? If it was the IRA wouldn't they target military,government spots instead?

Wouldn't it be on the postmark

Tomhammer wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be on the postmark
    I'm not sure on anything yet but they could've been posted by some numbskull in Ireland and hopefully whoever and whereever they are i hope they get caught quickly and anyway the packages look amateurish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

What a gimpy news site.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,076 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Would P O'Neill need to Tweet bomb warnings nowadays?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,434 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

No one rushing to claim credit? Thought not.

No one rushing to claim credit? Thought not.
    Look at the state of them. I'd be embarrassed myself to claim them. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,651 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

ShadyAcres wrote: »
    These suicide bombers really get my goat, Whatever happened to good old gentlemen bombers like the IRA who would quietly pop a bomb under a table and leave without making a song and dance about it.

Not funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,651 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Sciprio wrote: »

Try posting something in an An Post office with Italian stamps on it and tell us how you got on.

Advertisement