Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

When did Gemma O Doherty go batshyt crazy?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Hilarious how she hides one of her awards was sponsored by Glaxo Smithkline the BIG PHARMA company.

She wouldnt win anything nowadays her videos are so littered with fake and false news.
    If I recall correctly, her Mary Boyle award was from a pretty questionable group.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

rgossip30 wrote: »
    https://gemmaodoherty.com/awards/. Despite the criticism GoD has won 7awards over the years for journalism .

2 on the list you've quoted from Gemma's website are nomiations not awards.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Hilarious how she hides one of her awards was sponsored by Glaxo Smithkline the BIG PHARMA company.

Hidden in plain sight? It's right there in the photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,832 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

lbc2019 wrote: »

Someone said her followers should be called Gemmaroids :pac::pac::pac:

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Someone said her followers should be called Gemmaroids :pac::pac::pac:
    Gemtards?:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

https://gemmaodoherty.com/awards/. Despite the criticism GoD has won 7awards over the years for journalism .

Can't see the full list of awards. There's a floating cookie notice covering some of them. It says "You can switch off cookies in your browser."

Hmm - I don't think that actually complies with the relevant directive... she's tracking me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭rgossip30

humberklog wrote: »
    2 on the list you've quoted from Gemma's website are nomiations not awards.

Your just jealous your an unpaid mod here.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,489 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Your just jealous your an unpaid mod here.

Mod: This is needlessly personal. No more of this crap. Last warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

Its great to see Gemma talking about Immigratiom we need a debate on this issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,102 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Dr Brown wrote: »
    Its great to see Gemma talking about Immigratiom we need a debate on this issue.

We talk about nothing feckin else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Is this what her liverstreams are like? Just her bleating away for 90 minutes?

lol

Love the classic alt-right tactics "I met a man the other day who said" and using it to attack Muslims.

Shes great entertainment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Do you have an issue with interracial marriages? You've been asked a few times but ignored every time. I'm also pretty confident that you only care about non white immigrants...

batgoat wrote: »
    Do you have an issue with interracial marriages? You've been asked a few times but ignored every time. I'm also pretty confident that you only care about non white immigrants...

I'm against Mass Immigration of any kind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

At this stage I think any immigrant would contribute more to society than Gemma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

I'm going to type this in a way that can be understood.

We. Don't. Have. Open. Borders.

I'm against Mass Immigration of any kind.

We better start deporting all the South Africans here then

DubInMeath wrote: »
    We better start deporting all the South Africans here then

I hear that that "Irish for the Irish" Irexit party had to offer their spokesperson position to an immigrant...

I hear that that "Irish for the Irish" Irexit party had to offer their spokesperson position to an immigrant...

Ah sure there are Irish people in the UK being interviewed, writing articles etc supporting brexit, surely they could have hired one of them.

I'm going to type this in a way that can be understood.

We. Don't. Have. Open. Borders.

We do for all Asylum Seekers and anybody from the EU.

Over 500 million people from the EU can legally come to Ireland.

So you're agreed, then - not open borders.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

:eek: Where will we fit them all!?!?! Me ma's got a spare couch to sleep on if someone is stuck...

:eek: Where will we fit them all!?!?! Me ma's got a spare couch to sleep on if someone is stuck...

Better get the best china out and dusted.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

What would you like? Perhaps we should just rip up that silly old Geneva Convention on Refugees? Sure who needs that like.

As for the 500 million potential new inhabitants - that's not very likely is it? Do you think Henri and Marcella are going to wake up one morning and think Non! Provence and Tuscany are not for us. Ballyheigue here we come.
    Why Berlin when you could have Ballymun?

I'm amazed it's taking them so long to arrive tbh.

Of course, conversely 5 million of us can go live anywhere in the E.U legally. Which is far more likely to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭ollkiller

It's called freedom of movement within the EU. It is not a new thing. And its a good thing. For people outside the EU we do not have an open border policy. No matter how many times you say we do we don't.

On the flip side you don't want immigration so you're obviously ok with no migration from Ireland (cause no one has ever left right?). If no one can come in no one can leave. That sound OK to you.

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    What would you like? Perhaps we should just rip up that silly old Geneva Convention on Refugees? Sure who needs that like.

As for the 500 million potential new inhabitants - that's not very likely is it? Do you think Henri and Marcella are going to wake up one morning and think Non! Provence and Tuscany are not for us. Ballyheigue here we come.
    Why Berlin when you could have Ballymun?

I'm amazed it's taking them so long to arrive tbh.

Of course, conversely 5 million of us can go live anywhere in the E.U legally. Which is far more likely to happen.

If it was up to me I'd pull out of it we have being taking for a ride for far too long.

The vast majority of asylum seekers here are bogus and have no idea how they got into Ireland.

We should look at Japan as example of "best practice" for dealing with asylum applications.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/ireland-refuses-asylum-to-90pc-of-applicants-35229842.html

So you're agreed, then - not open borders.

Anybody in the world can come here once they say the magic word "asylum".

If it was up to me I'd pull out of it we have being taking for a ride for far too long.

The vast majority of asylum seekers here are bogus and have no idea how they got into Ireland.

We should look at Japan as example of "best practice" for dealing with asylum applications.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/ireland-refuses-asylum-to-90pc-of-applicants-35229842.html

Thankfully it's not up to you.

No. They can't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

And yet the article you linked to says 90% of asylum applications are rejected and we've one of the toughest application processes in Europe...

• Advertisement

Any evidence for to support this statement, and I don't mean the tinfoil hat white nationalist/supremacist YouTube and site links you usually provide when asked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement