Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tommy Robinson jailed

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Billy86 wrote: »
    Welcome to the "modern right", where facts are not only irrelevant, but also the enemy.

Whereas the left is sane, rational and always truthful.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

AllForIt wrote: »
    Someone sounds like they are really pissed off right now.

Good.

Fuming :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Whereas the left is sane, rational and always truthful.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Oh hi, I thought you were unable to answer some tricky questions of mine the other day because I was on your ignore list (despite you replying to other posts of mine that same day)? I can see how you would get fully on board with the "making it up as you go, facts be damned" approach alright.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Oh hi, I thought you were unable to answer some tricky questions of mine the other day because I was on your ignore list (despite you replying to other posts of mine that same day)? I can see how you would get fully on board with the "making it up as you go, facts be damned" approach alright.

I was unable to answer nothing of yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

TomSweeney wrote: »
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-leeds-45029755

First words from the BBC - "Far right activist", so they are allready lying.
    Pathetic.

No they're not. Although it probably would be more accurate to replace 'far right activist', with fascist.

People like Tommeh are very much like hipsters. It's clear to everyone with eyes and half a brain what they are, but somehow they all want to deny it.

• Advertisement

No they're not. Although it probably would be more accurate to replace 'far right activist', with fascist.

People like Tommeh are very much like hipsters. It's clear to everyone with eyes and half a brain what they are, but somehow they all want to deny it.

You could note many posters on here saying that about the negative effects if Islamism but the perk your position has is being able to shout "racist" when challenged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I was unable to answer nothing of yours.
    That's odd... here you are just one week ago claiming you could not respond to me because you had me on ignore. Shocking I know, but this was again down to you getting facts wrong.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107614045&postcount=3134
    Billy86 wrote:
    Frankly I'd just like if PlaneSpeeking can tell us where the "quote" about the "fathers family" came from
    He has already answered this some posts back, it was an error, he has held his hand up to this.
    Cheers, I have the poster on ignore and I've covered that I read the story wrong.

You also claimed to have ancapailldorcha on ignore and so could not reply not him either (again to do with making stuff up). Which is weird, and he is a mod on this forum - is it possible to ignore a mods posts on the forum they moderate?
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107614064&postcount=3136
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107614101&postcount=3138

You're doing a wonderful job though, illustrating the 'modern right winger' I was talking about, where honestly and facts are irrelevant if not the enemy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭AfterLife

You could note many posters on here saying that about the negative effects if Islamism but the perk your position has is being able to shout "racist" when challenged.

Anyone challenges you and you claim you're putting them on your ignore list and disappear for a day so you don't have to answer any questions.

Thinking that Tommeh is a brain-dead fascist and seeing some endemic problems in certain religions aren't mutually exclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,984 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Wouldn't go that far but there has been too much sweeping under the carpet of the grooming, assault, rape and murder* of these girls.

If it takes someone going to jail to try to get through to sceptics and do-gooders the sheer size of the problem, good on them.

* link before the disbelieving starts:

https://metro.co.uk/2018/03/13/dad-murdered-child-sex-victim-threatened-speaking-grooming-7382782/

Killing his child and then threatening him. Yeah, lovely people. But to some on here contempt of court and FB live streaming is worse. Have a word eh ?

can you give examples of posters who have said that contempt of court and fb live streaming are worse then threatening and murdering?
    i certainly don't think so myself, however i recognise that contempt of court can land you in jail, and that fb streaming live proceedings of a court case where there are reporting restrictions has the high potential to cause that case to collapse, and will therefore land you in jail also.
    TomSweeney wrote: »
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-leeds-45029755

First words from the BBC - "Far right activist", so they are allready lying.
    Pathetic.

tobbeh is a far-right activist. so they are telling the truth.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭DONTMATTER

Is this Tommy a hero of the angry men?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

DONTMATTER wrote: »

You're a well documented hater of men yourself so it's kind of a pot calling the kettle black scenario here when you use the word angry.

Anyway, Stephen Lennon aka Tommy Robinson is a man who has spoken out, often to his own detriment, about cover-ups and hush hushes of mainly Muslim grooming gangs in the UK by the police and justice system. This, understandably, has led to many men and women being angry at same. In the interest on fairness, Robinson is a convicted fraudster, former EDL member and has not got a clean track record. He's certainly not a saint but, unlike many leftists would have you believe, he's not a Nazi either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

:D:D:D fascist !!!

Keep digging there bud!

Omackeral wrote: »
    You're a well documented hater of men yourself so it's kind of a pot calling the kettle black scenario here when you use the word angry.

Anyway, Stephen Lennon aka Tommy Robinson is a man who has spoken out, often to his own detriment, about cover-ups and hush hushes of mainly Muslim grooming gangs in the UK by the police and justice system. This, understandably, has led to many men and women being angry at same. In the interest on fairness, Robinson is a convicted fraudster, former EDL member and has not got a clean track record. He's certainly not a saint but, unlike many leftists would have you believe, he's not a Nazi either.

If the person who highlighted predominantly Muslim/South Asian grooming/rape gangs was a whiter than white saint, who fed the hungry; clothed the poor and brought about world peace - there are those on the left who would STILL denounce him.

They lucked out when he turned out be a wholly unsavoury character. Didn't make him wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,124 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

The guy's a far right activist. the EDL, which he founded, are definitely not centrist or even right wing like the conservatives. He's far right.

They lucked out when he turned out be a wholly unsavoury character. Didn't make him wrong though.

Well this is the thing. A lot of people are incapable of seeing that people they don't like tend to be right from time to time or can make decent points. Sure look at posts of some people you hate on here, you'll often find yourself begrudgingly agreeing with them on here. Myself and another chap on here often butt heads but we thank each others efforts too the odd time. Unfortunately, plenty of people just refuse to see that option and just double down on the defensive either automatically or by choice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

He must be the worst Nazi in history then given his liberal immigration views which rank alongside many on the far left believe it or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Well this is the thing. A lot of people are incapable of seeing that people they don't like tend to be right from time to time or can make decent points. Sure look at posts of some people you hate on here, you'll often find yourself begrudgingly agreeing with them on here. Myself and another chap on here often butt heads but we thank each others efforts too the odd time. Unfortunately, plenty of people just refuse to see that option and just double down on the defensive either automatically or by choice.

I have no problem giving credit where it's due, but a two bit thug who exploits the victims of sexual abuse deserves none.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭DONTMATTER

Taytoland wrote: »
    He must be the worst Nazi in history then given his liberal immigration views which rank alongside many on the far left believe it or not.

:D:D:D I'm not responding to your post, it's just you quoted a fella I have on ignore.

Do posters still aim comments at people even though they know they're on ignore? That's really sad. :D

I have no problem giving credit where it's due, but a two bit thug who exploits the victims of sexual abuse deserves none.

If it wasn't for the likes of him, you'd be able to go on is blissful ignorance that everything was fine - meanwhile the girls would continue be raped by more and more of these amoral scumbags.

But yeah, disagree with him politically so let them suffer eh ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,126 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

If it wasn't for the likes of him, you'd be able to go on is blissful ignorance that everything was fine - meanwhile the girls would continue be raped by more and more of these amoral scumbags.

Remind us again where he had his little protest? Was it outside a courtroom where the people responsible were on trial? The actual expose was done by an actual journalist. Little tommy exposed nothing. He just uses it to fuel his hate-filled supporters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

If it wasn't for the likes of Jayne Senior, Andrew Norfolk and countless others.

Tommy can go jump and take his idiotic supporters with him.

If you're against Tommeh, you're supporting child rapists is such a breath-takingly stupid bull**** argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Sadly far to many sheep these days are more than happy to just stay in their eco-chambers and allow others to do their thinking for them.

:D:D:D I'm not responding to your post, it's just you quoted a fella I have on ignore.

Do posters still aim comments at people even though they know they're on ignore? That's really sad. :D

No, they just like to point out absolute hypocrisy.

Venom wrote: »
    Sadly far to many sheep these days are more than happy to just stay in their eco-chambers and allow others to do their thinking for them.

I hear the environment in those eco-chambers is second to none, I wouldn't blame them.

No, they just like to point out absolute hypocrisy.

She still calling me a man there eh ?

Reported that - as have others - but .....

Jesus, you don't drink the Kool Aid and you might as well have the surgery one of the Handmaids had. Not the eye - the other one! Wince!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Was Tommy outside the courtroom for Bennell too?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

RasTa wrote: »
    Was Tommy outside the courtroom for Bennell too?

No, but you can be damn sure the mainsteam media was there.

• Advertisement

thebull85 wrote: »
    No, but you can be damn sure the mainsteam media was there.

Because there were no reporting restrictions in place by the judge at the time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement