Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

cms88 wrote: »
    Katie Taylor
    Never been able to warm to her. Not quite sure why. I don't know if it's the hype around her or what. People will say she's a world champions etc, and obviously she is, but a bit of context is needed there as well.

She's very much like a female Bernard Dunne. Fights are carefully picked for both

True, but tbf-Taylor could win her fights.

Dunne was waaay more overhyped. Met some serious competition, and got knocked on his a*se in 86 seconds.

Skip to the 5 minute mark for the start of the fight, and skip to the 6:50 mark for the end.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Katie Taylor
    Never been able to warm to her. Not quite sure why. I don't know if it's the hype around her or what. People will say she's a world champions etc, and obviously she is, but a bit of context is needed there as well.

She's very much like a female Bernard Dunne. Fights are carefully picked for both

With a few exceptions most sports people are unbelievably dull,

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Katie Taylor

None of that is true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

Vernon Kay

What a boll0x

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Blondini wrote: »
    Vernon Kay

What a boll0x

He should have won I'm a celebrity.

• Advertisement

He should have won I'm a celebrity.

Exactly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,997 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Katie Taylor

Im the same, i dont like her and its pretty inexplicable..
    She's world class, multiple champion, national hero...but just no. I'd have a passing interest in boxing but not bothered with any of her fights.
    Maybe its the god-bothering.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Nicky Button. Cant stand that smug grin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭cms88

None of that is true

What's not true about it?

What's not true about it?

She’s the most successful female amateur boxer of all time and is literally picking off the best professionals one by one. I think at this stage only one is left to catch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭cms88

She’s the most successful female amateur boxer of all time and is literally picking off the best professionals one by one. I think at this stage only one is left to catch

This is what i mean about context. As an ''amateur'' she was pretty much a professional as she was being funded by Sport Ireland etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

retalivity wrote: »
    Im the same, i dont like her and its pretty inexplicable..
    She's world class, multiple champion, national hero...but just no. I'd have a passing interest in boxing but not bothered with any of her fights.
    Maybe its the god-bothering.
    brilliant athlete but she is devoid of any personality

• Registered Users Posts: 40,126 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

This is what i mean about context. As an ''amateur'' she was pretty much a professional as she was being funded by Sport Ireland etc

Pretty much every top level olympic athlete worldwide is a professional then if that is your criteria.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Trekker09

Katie Taylor

What is the context that you say is needed?. She is deservedly recognized in the boxing world as one of the best pound for pound boxers of her generation, irregardless of gender. Fair enough, you mightn't like her, but there is no doubting her commitment, skill and behavior.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 TeaTotal

Eoghan McDermott (Very annoying voice for morning radio)
    Claire Byrne
    Miriam O' Callaghan
    Leo Varadkar

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

This little pr!ck in my face every 5 minutes. And where's granny? I'm betting grandad keeps her locked up at home

smilerf wrote: »
    brilliant athlete but she is devoid of any personality

I disagree , I find her entertaining, have you seen her interactions with Eddie Hearn? I’m not saying she’s billy connolly but she’s got personality

• Registered Users Posts: 40,126 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I disagree , I find her entertaining, have you seen her interactions with Eddie Hearn? I’m not saying she’s billy connolly but she’s got personality

she goes a bit hard on the god bothering.

she goes a bit hard on the god bothering.

That’s not really her fault and she doesn’t push it to be fair, besides praying before a fight and thanks after

That’s not really her fault and she doesn’t push it to be fair, besides praying before a fight and thanks after

Ah it is-she's 'choosing' to believe that nonsense.

It's not something you can't control-like a speech impediment or asthma.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭DenMan

Simon Delaney, I just can't stand him. He sits on his big fat a$$e on Ireland AM and he's a master of everything. Cooking, DIY you name it! He just ingrates me so much. President of his own fan club too no doubt!

DenMan wrote: »
    Simon Delaney, I just can't stand him. He sits on his big fat a$$e on Ireland AM and he's a master of everything. Cooking, DIY you name it! He just ingrates me so much. President of his own fan club too no doubt!

Starting to get concerned every time I see him on TV.

Him and Neven McGuire have gained an unhealthy amount of weight in the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭screamer

Sean Moncrief, the way he snorts air as he talks on the radio grinds my gears.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

screamer wrote: »
    Sean Moncrief, the way he snorts air as he talks on the radio grinds my gears.

Ehm, Ehm, Ehm, Ehm Ehm Ehm
    Thats all I hear

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Theopinionater

Easy, absolutely ****ing hate Billie Eilish. ****ing whispers, grunts, and haw and heaves in any “song” that’s hers that I’ve had the misfortune to endure. You’re not trendy, you’re not rebellious, and you’re certainly not unique. A millionaire of sorts and also dresses like a vagrant.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Diarmuid Gavin .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭DenMan

All of the presenters on the Six O'Clock show on Virgin Media One. A truly awful programme!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

DenMan wrote: »
    All of the presenters on the Six O'Clock show on Virgin Media One. A truly awful programme!

Agreed

Actually has this clown got a mention in here?

Zara-King.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Easy, absolutely ****ing hate Billie Eilish. ****ing whispers, grunts, and haw and heaves in any “song” that’s hers that I’ve had the misfortune to endure. You’re not trendy, you’re not rebellious, and you’re certainly not unique. A millionaire of sorts and also dresses like a vagrant.
    Quite right. The Empress has no clothes.

• Advertisement

Agreed

Actually has this clown got a mention in here?
    She's on the news.

...And I weirdly have a crush on her.

Advertisement