Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Graces7 wrote: »
    Happy that my groceries arrived safe y'day.. will be even more happy when the mess re my prescription they tried to collect for me is sorted. apparently it was not at the pharmacy but the surgery checked when I phoned and the pharmacy said it was there... Not the first time this has happened and now i have to call them as my kind neighbour has offered to collect and it is a fierce long drive for him to be told not here again... .

Happy that I called the pharmacy but they tied me in knots again as the one who was on was not on y'day and had no idea what had gone on..the meds are there and my neighbour will kindly go in... Happy I will be if it gets sorted. Deep rural places! NB Happy I am that I wisely saved a few meds in case this happened again ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TH that it's nearly the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Going to see Cold Pursuit in the cinema this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Went a restaurant for lunch with a friend and it's syrian - lebanese food. I've heard of Lebanese food before but hadn't heard of Syrian

It was amazing !! And reasonable value too. We're talking 12 euro here, nothing mad expensive

TH at trying new cuisine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Buying tea towels for Daffodil day lol

• Advertisement

Cold Pursuit was very good

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Colin Farrell on the Late Late Show, dear god

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

Got home late this evening from work.

Rain had just started, thought to myself I'll not get the lawn mowed now.

Looked out the window, lawn already mowed. My neighbour nipped over earlier and did it. What a topper!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Neames wrote: »
    Got home late this evening from work.

Rain had just started, thought to myself I'll not get the lawn mowed now.

Looked out the window, lawn already mowed. My neighbour nipped over earlier and did it. What a topper!

TH at your use of the word "topper". I haven't heard it since I was a child. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,219 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

iTunes finding new music for me :) I love that they know me and my musical tastes :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

Treated myself to a Game of Thrones fleece blanket.
    It’s so fluffy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

Treated myself to a Game of Thrones fleece blanket.
    It’s so fluffy :)

Covered in the blood of a thousand dead wildling children who made it though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

Covered in the blood of a thousand dead wildling children who made it though

I was wondering what made it so fluffy :p

Valar Morghulis :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,817 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

My phone made it out of sick bay , complete recovery :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

When you use a salt and honey scrub on your skin in the shower. That warm feeling from the increased circulation .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Getting out to do some proper gardening for the first time this year and discovering that the winter moss has not taken over the lawn for the first time in a decade.

Feeling like I have a whole Saturday off

• Registered Users Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

John Williams' music.

Got my essay planned and got the vast majority of it written today

Chocolate ice cream for dessert earlier

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I have cockatiels. There is one pair who are madly in love. They are Princess and Casper (because he's pure white). There's a third called Chewy (he's yellow with orange cheeks and reminds me of Pikachu, shortened to Chewy) who also loves Princess and tries to play sexy games with her but neither her nor Casper are having any of it because they are in a committed relationship :pac:

Chewy hangs around with them the whole time despite being friend zoned by Princess. Recently Princess and Casper became the proud parents to a little chick. Chewy guards the nest box from the other cockatiels like a proud uncle and today I looked in and he was actually feeding the little chick! He might not be the Dad but it was amazing to see how protective he is of the little mite and how the other two have just accepted him as another parent :)

My little cold black heart just expanded reading about Paddy's cockatiels.

I've nearly survived Purgatory aka the weekend and I can already taste freedom . And I've got plans for next weekend so I don't have to repeat this .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Here's Chewy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Lorelli! wrote: »
    The pink cherry blossom trees all around my estate look especially nice today. I think that's what they're called. We use to call them confetti trees as kids!

I noticed today that these confetti trees are coming up again this year. Still making me happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,080 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I thought I had 4 days holidays left until the end of April.
    I said I'd double check with my boss to make sure.
    He comes back and tells me I have 10 days!!!!
    YABBADABBADOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I was given the option of working mornings instead of afternoons. It's great being finished at one o'clock instead of half five or six.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

ATM machines that give you the option to withdraw a tenner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

ATM machines that give you the option to withdraw a tenner

Did you find the Delorean?

Seeing random acts of kindness

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

My back was killing me yesterday but today it's just a slight twinge. So happy that I'm not being troubled today!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement