Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Micky Jackson in trouble again

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Who knows?

If Mark Lester is to be believed, his little swimmers may have begat some of Jacko's kids. Of course, because he's Jackson's friend and still defends him, he can't be a liar. Can he?

This video- Why Michael Jackson won-an excellent documentary explaining both the defence and prosecution approach to the 2005 trial.
    With interviews from some of the jurors it gives an insightful analysis of what happened and why.

What I took from it is that if the Mother of the accused hadn't testified (apparently she acted "paranoid" throughout the trial cross examination) it was very likely that Jackson would have been convicted.

While the defence did break down the alleged victim on the stand, they showed the police interviews with him towards the end of the trial and that seemed to have struck a major chord with the jury- though not enough obviously to convict given the other testimony throughout but especially that of the mother of the alleged victim.

An interesting observation made in the documentary- "we all wanted the Hardy Boys to the there on the stand testifying against Jackson- " but that wasn't the reality.

I also went back to the Martin Bashir documentary- Living with Michael Jackson-
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqqipytDeuM

Just skip to 14 minutes, 21 seconds- the "painting"- it's just so creepy and very disturbing. And there were a lot of such paintings in the house. Imagine being a child in that house, surrounded by such paintings.

Jackson had a canny ability on staying on the legal side of things but went right up to the fine line- but that painting alone for me provides huge insight as to how that man thought- and it's very disturbing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Well, one of the jurors openly stated that she took against the accuser’s mother so there does seem to be something in that.

Well, one of the jurors openly stated that she took against the accuser’s mother so there does seem to be something in that.

In the documentary "Why Michael Jackson won"- they interview a journalist who ran a story for the mother when her child was ill with cancer, in order to raise funds.
    The mother called her a few weeks later saying could she do another story as not enough funds were raised. The journalist, becoming somewhat suspicious, delved into the mothers finances a little further and discovered she was fully insured medically for the son's condition and that she wasn't in financial difficulty.

It destroyed her emotionally to think that a mother would use her son's illness as a way to make money.

So we know that the wider family of the alleged victim wasn't to be trusted- but it does resonate with me that the child, when interviewed by the police, wasn't being a money grabber, wasn't being underhanded, he was just answering questions put to him by the police- and this did resonate with the jury, but with all of the other testimony and the fact that the defence "broke" the witness when on the stand, they couldn't convict.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

For some reason I can't post a Youtube link but if you check out the newsclip of "Michael Jackson buying ring" it shows Safechuck's story is very likely to be true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Ann22 wrote: »
    For some reason I can't post a Youtube link but if you check out the newsclip of "Michael Jackson buying ring" it shows Safechuck's story is very likely to be true.

It’s very persuasive indeed. Sadly you can’t make out the child’s face in the CCTV clip so despite it happening in Safechuck’s hometown during the time he was hanging around with Jackson and depicts something very similar to what he describes, Jackson supporters will dismiss it easily enough. :(

I think at this point, with Jackson long gone, all that’s left is for people to draw their own conclusions about what they believe. Thankfully the thought police don’t exist!

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Fifty grades of shay.

Jackson was obviously a creep and his activities covered up with aid from others.
    It's these that should be pursued now, including any he paid off without them making their issues known to authorities.
    A musical genius?....... Perhaps, but a creep, definitely imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Smertrius

this show is still wrong , wade bring the case to court and let justice deal with and let people belive he is pedophile or not safely with harmly little influence people as possible, instead making a show and harmly most influence people as possible, this show is also taking the into his owns and that is wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,094 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Smertrius wrote: »
    this show is still wrong , wade bring the case to court and let justice deal with and let people belive he is pedophile or not safely with harmly little influence people as possible, instead making a show and harmly most influence people as possible, this show is also taking the into his owns and that is wrong.

Eh, what?

• Advertisement

We haz malfunctioning I think.

I'm glad I'm not emotionally invested in this because this documentary and defending their idol seems to be taking its toll on some people.

this show is still wrong , wade bring the case to court and let justice deal with and let people belive he is pedophile or not safely with harmly little influence people as possible, instead making a show and harmly most influence people as possible, this show is also taking the law into his owns hands there old saying take the law into one's own hands and that is wrong.

Are you using Google translate Smertrius?

this show maybe legal but still violent way estating people micheal jackson is pedophile when they reach select view by trial and court of law and not hurt many people in return, i m not try defend him , trying prevent this show hurting to many people as possible and i respect the laws that we have.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Bot malfunction

• Registered Users Posts: 39,509 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

It's Michael from the grave.

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls004013291/

michael acts like a child because he has autism

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

So just to change the conversation a bit, do we actually think Jacksons music will be completely banned?

I've given my opinion in that I think because his music legacy is so powerful he wont suffer the same fate like R Kelly or Gary Glitter, at least not completely, but I could be wrong.

A number of radio stations have stopped playing him since the documentary, I think that's obvious, I haven't seen him on any music channels either. But I'm not sure how long that will last long term as his music is timeless and transcends across multiple generations, will be interesting to see where this stands in 5+ years time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Autism doesn't make adults behave like children. Nor does it give them an inclination to have little boys over for sleepovers all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

So just to change the conversation a bit, do we actually think Jacksons music will be completely banned?

I've given my opinion in that I think because his music legacy is so powerful he wont suffer the same fate like R Kelly or Gary Glitter, at least not completely, but I could be wrong.

A number of radio stations have stopped playing him since the documentary, I think that's obvious, I haven't seen him on any music channels either. But I'm not sure how long that will last long term as his music is timeless and transcends across multiple generations, will be interesting to see where this stands in 5+ years time.

I'd say in a year or so it could be played by a station without any real backlash. But it'll always be somewhat tainted by his scandals to some degree so it won't be heard all that often.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,094 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

It won't be banned. I've heard his songs on the radio loads of times since the doc came out. I don't particularly like it and always change the channel but some people enjoy his music and that's fair enough, they can choose to listen.

Also, that one Gary glitter song is regularly played here (US) at sporting events. Not many here seem to even be aware of his crimes.

I read one journalist likening it to removing the stripes from a mint humbug. I think his music will still be played. By the time Gary Glitter was convicted, he was long past his prime and not really being played on the radio anyway. During his life, Michael Jackson was never convicted of anything. All people can do now is make their own judgement on what they think he did or didn't do to his child companions. It's unlikely to be proved one way or the other.

either michael was pedo or not, not right to make his family make to suffer for bad things he did and put this on tv, punish them , the family shouldn't have suffer for this , there has enough damage be done to his family, They should've take this to court regardless the answer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

either michael was pedo or not, not right to make his family make to suffer for bad things he did and put this on tv, punish them , the family shouldn't have suffer for this , there has enough damage be done to his family, They should've take this to court regardless the answer

Like any criminal, Jackson should have thought of his family before he committed his transgressions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Iarnród Éireann have pulled their latest TV advert and deleted all trace/references of it on YouTube. The advert included the Jackson 5 song Big Boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

Barbara Streisand said it didn't kill them and they were thrilled to be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

micar wrote: »
    Watching the film brought back a lot of bad memories for me. I was abused as a child by a person outside of my family who is now deceased.

My experience is nothing like what those boys described but stuff still happened.

The only person I ever told was an ex girlfriend.

I suppose I have never properly dealt with it. I know it was not my fault and I've nothing to be ashamed about.

It's very hard not to be able to respond to comments on Facebook with my opinion and experience as all my friends could read. I've even considered sending them a private message. But they could easily post a screenshot.

I've not read one comment on Facebook from an abuse victim. It's a very private matter which many victims would not want made public.

The hardest part for me watching the film was when the guy eventually admitted it to his brother. The manner in which he became so emotional tells me that what these guys say is true.

Describing it to a stranger and a loved one is emotionally very different.

Brave post and thank you for sharing. Interesting to see the ones who didn’t thank it though. Pity the MJ apologists and fan boys couldn’t get over themselves for five seconds and have a break from defending the indefensible to at least support a post like this.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Barbara Streisand said it didn't kill them and they were thrilled to be there.

Shes a dickhead that doesn't understand grooming.

She's now on my list of celebs I don't have time for along with Whoopi Goldberg who said that Polanski anally raping a child wasn't 'rape rape'

Whether or not you believe that MJ abused those kids, only an utter dickhead would turn around and make it sound like they wanted it to happen them. They were kids ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

It says "suspected" Asperger's. Not confirmed. So in other words, made up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Iarnród Éireann have pulled their latest TV advert and deleted all trace/references of it on YouTube. The advert included the Jackson 5 song Big Boy.

Current Tesco ad still running with a Jackson Five number, must be some unwritten rule saying that music produced whilst he was too yooung to be a paedophile is grand.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement