Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What's the most alcohol you ever drank in one sitting?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,189 ✭✭✭✭elperello

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    How do people keep such a precise count on how many drinks they've consumed when they would be completely hammered because of it?

I remember a man who drank large bottles of stout.
    When they were 99p he used to put the penny change in his top pocket and in the morning he knew exactly what he had drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

Only in Ireland would you have a who drank the most competition

Ah. No. Happens all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭pat k

5 pints of' Ken' and a litre of vodka . very wobbly walking home acording to my buddy :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Duane Dibbley

I’m not a “ drinker “ but the most I drank in a time frame was 5 bottles of red wine in about 2 hours.

I don’t know if that’s much to regular drinkers

I’m sensing more regret and sorrow than bravado.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭upinsmoke

I’m not a “ drinker “ but the most I drank in a time frame was 5 bottles of red wine in about 2 hours.

I don’t know if that’s much to regular drinkers

Wine, christ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Student raceday was always a massive session. Cans of cider with the breakfast type job. Great fun altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

Is 90% of this thread lies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

Uncharted wrote: »
    17 drinks in 15 hours ??
    A little over a pint per hour OP.

Stocious? Pffft.
    Considering for every hour you drink a 1/2 pint goes out of your system

• Registered Users Posts: 7,050 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

The times I've got heavily on it, I'd easily lose track so i can't say definitively. I reckon I have probably got to about fifteen pints of lager at some point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭enricoh

KevRossi wrote: »
    19 0.5l bottles of Augustiner Helles one Friday in Munich. Started on the building site at 8.00 and finished in the house about 3am that night. Went to work the next day to do a clean up around 12.00.

Gods nectar! Never a hangover with it either, though it was 20 years ago i was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭Lambman

Few men we didn't want till see landed into the local last Sunday after my little girls christening anyways they left but when I went till get next round in my best mate was gone barman said I think he followed them lads till the other pub maybe you should go get him in case there's bother I said he will be ok he can handle himself till which barman replied yeah but thats your 13th pint this was only half 8 and there was a good few more after that... A good feed into you seems till make a big difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,409 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

theteal wrote: »
    And in proper currency?

According to the interwebs it's 5 ft 7 and 11 stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,001 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I once did 10 triple shots of vodka in 2 minutes as a dare. Was totally sober at the time. Took about 20 minutes to kick in. Bizarre experience.
    There are easier, more certain methods of committing suicide. You were lucky.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

No, you wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

16 pints of lager when I was 17, we got a good seat at a bar on paddys day and didn't move.

I've probably been more drunk on many occasions as mixing drinks always left me in a bad share, but for quantity that is remembered, 16 pints is the number.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,711 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Have had many a night of emotional drunkenness due too too much drink. Used too have pints than move onto the spirits. Generally drink about 7-8 pints when I'm out and then sometimes I might have a vodka and mixer or 2

I love the buzz of drinking esp with a match and good music but the €€€ adds up and then your fitness and head levels would be all over the place

Love and hate paddys weekend but hoping too have a decent one. Last year I was a wreck by 8pm on paddys days as we won the grand slam that day and can't remember what happened

Mixed drink and a certain snow coloured thing and never again. How I didn't choke on my own vomit that night I don't knw. Could barely walk

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

PTH2009 wrote:
    Mixed drink and a certain snow coloured thing and never again. How I didn't choke on my own vomit that night I don't knw. Could barely walk

You get used to it.
    Did pills,coke,speed,mdma and dope on top of a feed of drink many times.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Noveight wrote:
    Student raceday was always a massive session. Cans of cider with the breakfast type job. Great fun altogether.

Don't forget the buckfast

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭DaithiMa

Saw a lad sink a pint of straight Cork Dry Gin in one go in a former local of mine. He was found out in the pub's car park an hour later trying to break into cars with a folded up beer mat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,828 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Once over 4 hours I drank a pint of Guinness, a naggin of Smirmoff and a bottle of Smirnoff Blue. When I drank the Smirnoff blue I poured a quarter of the bottle in a glass and a very brief splash of coke. I would then down this in one go and I did this every 30 minutes. I ended up with a bad dose of Smirnoff flu and 23 years later I can barely drink Vodka.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

12 pints Guinness and a few Jameson & Ginger ale the day after a wedding over a 10 hr period. Stomach was in bits the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Five bottles of red wine one Christmas day from about noon till two ish Stephens morning.
    Two bottles of whiskey one new years eve, slept for 13 hours and woke up fresh whatever was going on.
    Pints and half ones I wouldn't be able to keep track of, and if there was pills or powders involved it could go on for a couple of days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vkus6mt3y8zg2q

Lambman wrote: »
    Few men we didn't want till see landed into the local last Sunday after my little girls christening anyways they left but when I went till get next round in my best mate was gone barman said I think he followed them lads till the other pub maybe you should go get him in case there's bother I said he will be ok he can handle himself till which barman replied yeah but thats your 13th pint this was only half 8 and there was a good few more after that... A good feed into you seems till make a big difference.

Scarlah for your ma for having ya

• Registered Users Posts: 7,201 ✭✭✭facehugger99

At a house party in college, I saw a guy drink a whole bottle of buckfast in about 10 seconds. He poured it in 2 goes in a pint glass and knocked it back.

He went crazy for about 20 minutes and then passed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,001 ✭✭✭✭Esel

At a house party in college, I saw a guy drink a whole bottle of buckfast in about 10 seconds. He poured it in 2 goes in a pint glass and knocked it back.

He went crazy for about 20 minutes and then passed out.
    He was a pussy. We have posters here drinking pints of vodka.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

8 pints of Guinness in 56 mins. Cobblers Bar, Carlow, 1996. Happy days!

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

8 pints of Guinness in 56 mins. Cobblers Bar, Carlow, 1996. Happy days!

I did something very similar one day in Scraggs about a year later. Have never been as sick.

Those were the days!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

I once did 10 triple shots of vodka in 2 minutes as a dare. Was totally sober at the time. Took about 20 minutes to kick in. Bizarre experience.

Really lucky you didn't die

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Over the course of a long weekend a Canadian fella drank 90 cans of Budweiser in a local pub in the town where I come from. I know it sounds bull but this was witnessed by plenty of people and the barman was by no means a bull**iter.
    He was big bloke and he downed 30 cans a day for 3 days and he was drinking cans of it because the pub didn't have Budweiser on tap so the barman kept a count on what yer man was drinking.

Advertisement