Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Retraning or changing career

Options
  • 15-01-2019 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,361 ✭✭✭✭

So someone was asking my advice about changing about retraining it would be a lot of commitment. I do know a lone parent who retrain while on back to education allowance and having two small children they don't regret it but it did not turn out the way they though it would.

Anyone who retrained or changed careers how did it work out was it a great idea? or a disaster or not what you though it would be?, did it pay financially to retrain.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

It's something I've been considering, but no idea where I'd find the time. Although I'm unsure if it could be "retraining," I'm not formally educated in the work I've been doing for the last 12 years. *Shush, don't tell anyone*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,141 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Same here though I've no idea what to change to. Can't face the idea of doing another degree either if I'm being honest.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭granturismo

A hotelier recently tried his hands at politics and it worked out for him.

Advertisement