Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the best travel backpack for women?

• 03-07-2010 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi All,

I'm still new to board.ie, please let me know if i post this in the wrong section.

I'm going travelling in the next few months for about a year (but hopefully longer) and i done all my search but i need your advise, in your experience what is the best travel backpack for women?

I'm only 5'5 and 9st, I'm the type that tends to pack what i don't need, if you need what i mean :D . Any good brand for under €120?

Your comments will be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭lubie76

Try the Independent and Youth and student travel forum. They have a megathread on backpacks where you should get the info you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Dublinese

Ok thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭totallytrees

If you think you'll have a lot of stuff and will be unpacking & re-packing frequently while travelling, keep an eye out for a rucksack that zips the whole way around, like a suitcase. I got one of these and found it brilliant, the other guys travelling with me were forever jamming stuff down into their rucksacks vertically and found it tough to find stuff etc.. It was great to use up space and you can see whats in front of you. I'll get the name of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Dublinese

Hi totallytrees,

I haven't seen any of that zip around rucksack you mention in the shop in town, but it sound good. Would you kindly advise where i can have a look at it. As i would like to try it on before i get it.

I'm looking for something like 55L + 10L and a good brand that will last for ages. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Bookkeeper09

Hi there,
    Myself and a friend went travelling in 2007 and both bought the same rucsac. Brand was Berghaus and we bought them in the Outdoor Adventure Store in Liffey Street. Can remember exact price but think was roughtly within your budget. Had a separate section downt he bottem for sleeping bag/or anything that you needed to have within easy reach.
    It also had a detachable back pack that was handy for day trips!
    It had a zip that opening around the front and not at the top which was recomended in an earlier post.
    The bags got a fair amount of bashing around and is still in perfect condition.

• Advertisement

Hello again,

Got the name of it (had to dig it out!), its a Gelert Jetset 60+15 rucksack. I got mine in Waterford 3 years ago on sale, think it about €80/90. If you have a look around the camping shops, I'm sure they have them as Gelert is a big brand.

Anyway here it is, comes in a nice pink so think they are def suited for us girls :D The front 15 litre backpack zips off the front. You'll be able to see from the pics the way it zips around, and also there is an extra zip at the bottom for handy access as well. I found it the perfect size.

http://www.indietravelgear.com/60-pink-travel-pack/

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

I had that one above (only in blue, not pink ;) ) and it was perfect for me.
    I'm 5'4" and it was just the right size so that it didn't swamp me, but still big enough to fit all of my stuff.

:)

Fiii wrote: »
    I had that one above (only in blue, not pink ;) ) and it was perfect for me.
    I'm 5'4" and it was just the right size so that it didn't swamp me, but still big enough to fit all of my stuff.

:)

yeah its perfect isn't it, one of my friends had a 90 litre one and it was seriously MASSIVE! no need for that much at all IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

Try the Sporthouse version too - great quality

Advertisement