Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 7 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Difficult fixtures coming up and I think werner could run riot.

No such thing for Salah IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I’m looking at

Robbo + Podence -> Coufal + Son

Spurs are killing me, Podence looks great but has no returns. Getting rid of Robbo will allow me to keep Sterling and Salah and hopefully fund Jimi to Werner in a week or two

Getting tempted by Rashford, good form and lovely fixtures, though not having pens is a bit of a disuader

He is firmly on my radar, actually I'll be getting him in the week after next once nothing too mad happens.

Kinda OOP also Ole been working in a front 2 the last few games, although from an FPL perspective it might be best to see how it all shakes out when everyone is back and fit

• Registered Users Posts: 19,660 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Difficult fixtures coming up and I think werner could run riot.

The only way you could say they are bad - is because they aren't green on the Fixture rating chart, other than that Salah record against next 4 GW is pretty good.

West Ham: Salah has 6 goals and 2 assists against them. Joint 3rd in teams he's scored against in history.
    City: Salah has 4 goals, 2 assists, Man city have 1 CS this season.
    Leicester: 3 goals in 6 games v them, will probably be tight game but Rodgers will probably want to win v his old club.
    Brighton: have conceded on average 2 goals a game, Salah record is 5 goals 3 assists

There is strong captaincy options available there, and assuming you got him early, you'll lose a bit selling him, and being totally honest it be pure madness selling as his ceiling is pretty much uncapped imo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

There's no team right now I'd consider hard to score against.

• Advertisement

Ace2007 wrote: »
    The only way you could say they are bad - is because they aren't green on the Fixture rating chart, other than that Salah record against next 4 GW is pretty good.

West Ham: Salah has 6 goals and 2 assists against them. Joint 3rd in teams he's scored against in history.
    City: Salah has 4 goals, 2 assists, Man city have 1 CS this season.
    Leicester: 3 goals in 6 games v them, will probably be tight game but Rodgers will probably want to win v his old club.
    Brighton: have conceded on average 2 goals a game, Salah record is 5 goals 3 assists

There is strong captaincy options available there, and assuming you got him early, you'll lose a bit selling him, and being totally honest it be pure madness selling as his ceiling is pretty much uncapped imo

Thanks for the reality check!

dsmythy wrote: »

i think Arsenal are tbh, i wouldn't be bringing in players for a hit or captaining any against the gunners

• Registered Users Posts: 12,355 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Thinking Mahrez to Mane or else Bruno.

Bruno isn't very convincing at the moment on penalties though. Rashford is an option but not sure he justifies his price tag

Mane and Salah could be overkill though

dsmythy wrote: »

Currently Arsenal and Wolves are solid. I wouldn't captain my players against them

• Registered Users Posts: 9,363 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Ace2007 wrote: »
    The only way you could say they are bad - is because they aren't green on the Fixture rating chart,
    Yeah the fixture difficulty is based on the teams chances of winning, not on the players chances of scoring goals. For attackers I'm ignoring it for now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,105 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Think I might roll a transfer again. I have money ITB and a couple of transfers I would like to make long term, but short term I don't see many.

If Dier plays tonight, he'll get sold as I can't trust him to start and he has already lost value.
    While Sterling has returned in 2 out of 4 weeks of having him, including a captain fail and his upcoming fixtures are tough either side of the international break. He does seem to be nailed on though, and double City attack is never the worst idea.

Need to get some sort of Chelsea coverage in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,227 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Was thinking of getting Grealish in this week but may be better to get Zaha. Same price, better form, better fixtures and on pens

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Looking for a Podence replacement.
    Barkley or Foden?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,660 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Looking for a Podence replacement.
    Barkley or Foden?

Barkley is probably rotation risk free, but Foden's ceiling is higher

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

gammygils wrote: »
    Was thinking of getting Grealish in this week but may be better to get Zaha. Same price, better form, better fixtures and on pens

Not sure if Zaha is still on penos with Millojevic back in the team last week but he's still a good option. Personally I'd be pick Grealish as Palace are capable of playing matches without getting a shot on target.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Have two free transfers. Have a couple of non players but have 13 playing 90 mins.

Team as follows.

McCarthy, nyland (gone)
    KWP, taa, Tierney, Doherty, Douglas(doesn't play)
    Salah, son, zaha, klich, Bissouma,
    Brewster, Kane, DCL.

I'm thinking of just doing Tierney to chilwell, and holding my second free transfer. I havev 3.5 mill in the bank so could do Douglas to chilwell?

Thoughts please. I don't really want 5 good playing defenders as it will just give me headaches in selection and annoy me. I think DCL may be slowing down and will need two free transfers next week maybe. I'm also happy enough with the team. Is chilwell worth that transfer is my real question or does anyone have any suggestions? I'm wrecked from work and haven't the energy ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Digne to Chilwell
    Sterling to Son
    Jimi to Kane

Done for a - 4. I know Spurs fixtures turn soon but two good ones before that and I don't want to be on the wrong end of another big haul from either of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Have two free transfers. Have a couple of non players but have 13 playing 90 mins.

Team as follows.

McCarthy, nyland (gone)
    KWP, taa, Tierney, Doherty, Douglas(doesn't play)
    Salah, son, zaha, klich, Bissouma,
    Brewster, Kane, DCL.

I'm thinking of just doing Tierney to chilwell, and holding my second free transfer. I havev 3.5 mill in the bank so could do Douglas to chilwell?

Thoughts please. I don't really want 5 good playing defenders as it will just give me headaches in selection and annoy me. I think DCL may be slowing down and will need two free transfers next week maybe. I'm also happy enough with the team. Is chilwell worth that transfer is my real question or does anyone have any suggestions? I'm wrecked from work and haven't the energy ha ha

I think chilwell is a good transfer in. Personally I wouldn’t do Douglas as your back line is already very strong with some money tied up in it. I’d do Doherty or tierney to chilwell.

Also with the 3.5 mill could you upgrade klick or Brewster? Maybe grealish or Bamford off the top of my head

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Done for a minus 4 and moving to a 3-4-3

Lamptey to chilwell
    Pulisic to Soucek
    Brewster to Bamford

I hope Pulisic doesn’t punish me but I don’t want him. Panicked on wildcard two weeks ago when Kdb injury was announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    I think chilwell is a good transfer in. Personally I wouldn’t do Douglas as your back line is already very strong with some money tied up in it. I’d do Doherty or tierney to chilwell.

Also with the 3.5 mill could you upgrade klick or Brewster? Maybe grealish or Bamford off the top of my head

Good call. Don't fancy bamford tbh. But I certainly fancy Wilson and makes more sense than having only 2 strikers in the current climate. Brewster and tierney to Wilson and chilwell. Like it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Two free transfers but might just use the one. Thinking Maupay to Wilson. Originally going to swap him for Bamford but Wilson is on pens and has the better fixtures I think. A tough one.

Looking at Zaha if Hamez is confirmed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

forced into a change because of injury news of Leicesters castagne - so took him out and threw in Zouma from Chelsea (frank seems to have tightened the ship with 2 defensive clean sheets in the past week)

Also ... took a -4 for a bit of a punt on Lookman (Fulham) - if he plays as good as he played last weekend - he should be involved in at least one goal (if there are any goals in that game)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

I’m nearly set on burning a transfer as no obvious changes. One thing I am lookin at is swappin Jimenez —> Ings. I think Southampton’s fixtures are a small bit better

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I was tempted to roll it, but great fixtures for Chelsea

Is Dallas/Lamptey/Saiss to Chilwell worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Hmm. I've a rollover transfer I want to use rather than lose, but nobody's leaping out at me here as obviously disposable or must have. Any ideas?

https://i.imgur.com/RpYreC1.jpg

Hmm. I've a rollover transfer I want to use rather than lose, but nobody's leaping out at me here as obviously disposable or must have. Any ideas?

Barnes to Grealish?

I'd say you have too.much money sitting on your bench most weeks, I take. It you are playing 343.

Downgrading a few spots with a view to upgrading Barnes in a few weeks would be what I'd do if I was you.

Although that's my quick. Answer without looking at fixtures, but I do feel. Europa league will start to effect Lecister soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

siblers wrote: »
    Barnes to Grealish?

Grealish is juuust out of reach for Barnes price. I could step down one of the GKs and trade up to Grealish that way, but undecided if the just difference between Barnes to Grealish is worth two FTs.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I was tempted to roll it, but great fixtures for Chelsea

Is Dallas/Lamptey/Saiss to Chilwell worth it?

Lamptey is well worth it imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,227 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Castagne news now has made a right shlte of my plans. Was to do Grealish/Costa in for Pereira/Barnes for a hit. My defense is compromised enough as it is with Reece James, Mitchell and 1 point Lamptey
    Might keep Pereira for the Fulham game and get Grealish and a fairly decent def

Advertisement