Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2020/2021 Premier League Injuries and Suspensions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,410 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

FHFC wrote: »
    This. He may well be a fully viable option again now!

Was just thinking Holding might be the safest bet initially, he is not being loaned now. It could be Holding/Gabriel/Tierney though Saliba has more pre-season behind him. Hopefully Arteta will give some clues.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

CSF wrote: »
    Holding is still there though. Won’t he get the nod? Personally I don’t see them playing 3 at the back against Fulham

Tierney-Saliba-Holding back three was what I assumed. Didnt think of switch from back 3. You're no craic! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,809 ✭✭✭✭CSF

FHFC wrote: »
    Tierney-Saliba-Holding back three was what I assumed. Didnt think of switch from back 3. You're no craic! :)

Haha, have we eliminated Gabriel from the equation also?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,091 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I got the impression that Holding would start for Arsenal at Fulham. Holding is also 4.5

Fitz* wrote: »
    I got the impression that Holding would start for Arsenal at Fulham. Holding is also 4.5

I think the same, but unless you’re on a super early wildcard you might find yourself transferring Holding before long, I will avoid Arsenal defence altogether until we can match value up against reliability

• Advertisement

I think the same, but unless you’re on a super early wildcard you might find yourself transferring Holding before long, I will avoid Arsenal defence altogether until we can match value up against reliability

Again. Zero craic. :rolleyes: :)

I think they have 7 attractive games in their opening 10 games and have potential for CS points.

I think I might keep whatever Arsenal defender I can get in. Initially, after lockdown, I was thinking of Tierney but been priced out of him. If one of the 4.5 defenders could be nailed on, it would be nice.

I think they have 7 attractive games in their opening 10 games and have potential for CS points.

I think I might keep whatever Arsenal defender I can get in. Initially, after lockdown, I was thinking of Tierney but been priced out of him. If one of the 4.5 defenders could be nailed on, it would be nice.

My point was that I can see Holding starting the season but then potentially being replaced early. I agree that if you had a 4.5 defender who would play maybe 70-80% of their fixtures, then that would be good value.

But in my low craic nature, I do not see the obvious candidate. Nothing tells me that Gabriel and Luiz will miss out on spots and when they play as a 3 CB unit Tierney will probably take that 3rd spot on the left anyway.

Ps Mustafi and Sokratis are still Arsenal players right? I know Mustafi is inured at the moment, but that’s another conundrum to deal with when he returns to fitness

My point was that I can see Holding starting the season but then potentially being replaced early. I agree that if you had a 4.5 defender who would play maybe 70-80% of their fixtures, then that would be good value.

But in my low craic nature, I do not see the obvious candidate. Nothing tells me that Gabriel and Luiz will miss out on spots and when they play as a 3 CB unit Tierney will probably take that 3rd spot on the left anyway.

Ps Mustafi and Sokratis are still Arsenal players right? I know Mustafi is inured at the moment, but that’s another conundrum to deal with when he returns to fitness

Does this mean that you think Saka starts LWB more often that not? With the team then changing a bit for the bigger games with an extra CB coming in and Tierney switching to LWB?

Does this mean that you think Saka starts LWB more often that not? With the team then changing a bit for the bigger games with an extra CB coming in and Tierney switching to LWB?

Yeah I think Saka will play a lot of football there. Willian will have taken many of the wide minutes and you wouldn’t know if Pepe is going to improve for a 2nd season in English football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,591 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Having that cheap Arsenal defender in your team will be a very short term move imho.

The Luiz injury doesn’t sound too bad so it’s a transfer waiting to happen...won’t be long til you’re looking at Holding out for a hero

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Having that cheap Arsenal defender in your team will be a very short term move imho.

The Luiz injury doesn’t sound too bad so it’s a transfer waiting to happen...won’t be long til you’re looking at Holding out for a hero

It's only a runner if Luiz is out longer term yeah. Which I thought was what reports earlier were suggesting.

One to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Yeah I think Saka will play a lot of football there. Willian will have taken many of the wide minutes and you wouldn’t know if Pepe is going to improve for a 2nd season in English football.

I meant to post on this previously. I see Saka and Nkeiteh in lots of teams, fair enough they’re cheap but you are dreaming if you think they start most games.

Arsenal is a business, probably the most business orientated club in the league.
    Pepe is their most expensive asset, he will be on the pitch, even if it’s just to hold his value. You’re smoking crack if you think a rookie manager like Arteta would be allowed leave him on the bench at any stage.

Behind all that Pepe was actually quite good after the restart, started the cup final and was quarantined for the charity shield

Edit: Similar story with Ole and Pogba

Green&Red wrote: »
    I meant to post on this previously. I see Saka and Nkeiteh in lots of teams, fair enough they’re cheap but you are dreaming if you think they start most games.

Arsenal is a business, probably the most business orientated club in the league.
    Pepe is their most expensive asset, he will be on the pitch, even if it’s just to hold his value. You’re smoking crack if you think a rookie manager like Arteta would be allowed leave him on the bench at any stage.

Behind all that Pepe was actually quite good after the restart, started the cup final and was quarantined for the charity shield

Edit: Similar story with Ole and Pogba
    Yeah, I mostly agree, although I still think it will be Willian and Auba in the wide positions most frequently.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Shedite27

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Straight in

The west ham team? Or your team? Or both?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Shedite27

The west ham team? Or your team? Or both?

both

• Registered Users Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Apparently Lampard says Thiago Silva, Hakim Ziyech and Ben Chilwell all won’t be involved for this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Apparently Lampard says Thiago Silva, Hakim Ziyech and Ben Chilwell all won’t be involved for this weekend.

Straight from the horses mouth.

https://twitter.com/ChelseaFC/status/1304046221389164544?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Straight from the horses mouth.

CHO worth a punt?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Straight in
    Do you take it he's going to start or will just get minutes off the bench?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

• Registered Users Posts: 20,339 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Brighton sub keeper Walton is red flagged on site with an ankle injury

Slight doubt over ASM but Bruce reckons "there's nothing to worry about".

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/1306152354249662464

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Pulisic, Ziyech, Chilwell, T Silva all ruled out. Werner fit.

Aguero and Laporte ruled out for City

Pogba and Shaw fit.

• Advertisement

I feel like it would be a grave error to believe Pep about basically anything...

Advertisement