Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

• Registered Users Posts: 43,757 ✭✭✭✭Basq

slipss..

That's 'Temptation' by New Order

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

Ahh Basquille, I fukking love ye man, nice one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

Anyone know that song played in the movie blue streak (w/ Martin Lawrence) when he is chasing the guy through the neighborhood... I think it might be jungle brothers..driving me nuts!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Sallybags

There was a girl on TOTP2 last Saturday playing piano, it went something like "So far, so far / I'm burning". Anyone know who she is and the name of the song? Heard it on the radio the following night and I think they said she was Narena Pellow or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Milktrolley

Can anyone tell me the name of the music that plays in the new Eircom and National Irish Bank ads?

The Eircom series include the one where it tells us about the Dave "who likes the first drop and the last plink... and things just, so." The NIB series include the one with everyone moaning about their banks, wondering if the "basics" are "too much too ask".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

again,lucozade ad anyone???the one with the teddy bears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Livewire304

again,lucozade ad anyone???the one with the teddy bears.

Safe In Mind - UNKLE featuring Josh Homme

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭hannable80

whats the song in south park when the go to the school dance with the home school kids in it , "holy ......" is the frist word

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Anyone know the name of the music on the ad on tv for the upcoming jazz festival in cork???????
    Can you recommend any similar artists/music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

the group seem very familiar to me but i can't for the life of me think who it is.. anyone know it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭bottlerocket

Anyone know the song from the new (i think) galaxy chocolate ad?

Thinking zero 7 or someone like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Here's another one, anyone who gives me an answer gets a free euro:

The ad for some L'oreal (or some type) hair dye. Ad has various women's hair floating about, and the song goes "Fire...fire....I'm on fire..." and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 gombean

I think you'll find that "Revolution" song is "Children of The Revolution" by T.Rex.

Here's one for you...

I was in Belfast last week in shop and this song came on that sounded really good. It was kind of trashy guitar sounding with some shouting (kind of Arcade Fire-y). I manage to write down some of what I thought were the lyrics so I could google them.

The lyrics included the lines (i think) "dancing in my living room" and "someone i knew". I tried to google it but I seem to get is a song called No Hardcore Dancing In The Living Room by Chiodos. This is NOT the song!

Can anyone help me out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭colin300

Hey

I aint too sure where i heard it but it was on TV tonight so it could have been a tv show so then i might not be able to get it but here goes. The song had the backing tracks from "The Stranglers - Golden Brown" with these lines i took down: No more trouble in my no more hurting me in my life you can't take that away from me. They were in order in the song but not directly after one another. I know it might be a long shot and the soundtrack guy might have mixed it himself but hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭DáireM

The song of the 2fm ad?

Edit: Read back a few pages and found it, sorry lads :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Ok, this is drivin me nuts. On UKTV Gold/G2 the sponsor of Top Gear has a 5 sec ad before they rejoin after a break and after the leave for one, as well as at the start and end of the show. The product is some sat-nav or something but the song sounds good (for the 5 seconds you can hear). The lyrics "I will follow you darling.......".

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 gombean

colin300 wrote:
    Hey

I aint too sure where i heard it but it was on TV tonight so it could have been a tv show so then i might not be able to get it but here goes. The song had the backing tracks from "The Stranglers - Golden Brown" with these lines i took down: No more trouble in my no more hurting me in my life you can't take that away from me. They were in order in the song but not directly after one another. I know it might be a long shot and the soundtrack guy might have mixed it himself but hopefully.

I think this is 'No More' by Jamelia. It uses a sample of 'Golden Brown' like you say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭colin300

I knew the second you said jamelia you had the song i wanted cause I did know the person who sang it but just couldn't picture them then when you said it i knew it was the one i wanted.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Whats that music that is in the openning and repeated again in the film TRUE ROMANCE? It has a carribbean sound to it - i think its kettle drums.

Brillant piece of music.. was my ringtone for ages.. in fact it might go back on!

It's Hans Zimmer - "You're So Cool"

Sample here!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Phoenix3

Can anybody identify any of the background tracks used during the programme?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

basquille wrote:
    Brillant piece of music.. was my ringtone for ages.. in fact it might go back on!

It's Hans Zimmer - "You're So Cool"

Sample here!

Oh Thanks! I love Hanz Zimmer. Didnt know that was him? You can get that as a ringtone?

You can get that as a ringtone?
    Well.. it simply involves a copy of the MP3 and a MP3 splitter software.

Cut the section of the song you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

The original is called Musica Poetica by Carl Orff and it was used in the film Badlands if your interested.

I prefer this version myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Anyone know the tune (instrumental) off the current eircom ad? At a guess Aimee Mann keeps popping into my head when I hear it but probably not one of hers.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭thomasjad

Does anybody know the name of the song on that replay blue jeans ad?

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭p~b

anyone know that dance type song with the line "i'll be with you everywhere"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Possibly a re-work of Fleetwood Mac's Everywhere by LnM Projekt ft Bonnie Bailey...?

Can't be sure, need more input; genre would be a big help...

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭p~b

well done that the song, it was annoying me for the last few days, thanks