Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Rail jobs

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

bellatrix1 wrote: »
    What's the salary while training

Not being weird here but fairly sure that was all published at application stage or is publicly available info. Roughly €45k I think it was stated as.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Think it was posted here already but its meamt to 45k start, up to a maximum of 57k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

TheShepard wrote: »
    I'm on the roster now and driving already.

I'm Galway. Was in mallow for training.

Great to hear one of us is out on the road!
    What is your route knowledge? Up to Dublin or closer to Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭TheShepard

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Think it was posted here already but its meamt to 45k start, up to a maximum of 57k.

47k to 60k in 10 year pay scale

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭TheShepard

prinzeugen wrote: »
    Great to hear one of us is out on the road!
    What is your route knowledge? Up to Dublin or closer to Galway?

I don't quite understand? I have route knowledge of the whole line between Dublin and Galway. Hope that answers your question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Justaburner

The one myself and Justaburner did was checking tickets.

There were several different criteria that had to be met.

And you had to say how many errors there were.

There were 70 to check. You started to go a bit googly at them after a while.

I did NOT do well...... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I did NOT do well...... :D

I got a B. Pretty happy with that given how long it took!

---
    OPC wrote:
    Note underneath email:

You will hear back from us separately within the next couple of weeks regarding the outcome of the miniSCAAT, RAAT & LD-SJT you sat as part of your Locomotive Driver application.

tick tock tick tock...

tick tock tick tock...

Weeeeeeeeks....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Beebop20

I got a D in the test checking ticket errors... �� not great....got a B in the timetable test... ��

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Beebop20 wrote: »
    I got a D in the test checking ticket errors... �� not great....got a B in the timetable test... ��

Never got sent the Timetable one. Damn.

• Advertisement

Pity cause it was obviously easier if I got a B!!
    Not too confident on doing well on all 3 real tests after getting a D today

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭91wx763

Got this email today.....
    Dear Candidates,

We hope you are all well.

Thank you for your application for the role of Onboard Customer Service Officer earlier this year. We had a significant volume of interest in this campaign which is encouraging for us.

We thank you also for your patience in awaiting the outcome of your application. Unfortunately, the unprecedented events of this year have impacted timelines across a number of processes.

Your online test performance was strong across both tests, this performance placed you in a Reserve Pool of candidates. Candidates are prioritised for interview on the basis of the strongest test performance. Due to the volume of candidates in the Highest Performance category and the limited number of vacancies available, we will not be pursing any further interviews on this occasion.

We wish to thank you for all of the effort you dedicated to you the selection process to date and once again for your continued patience.

Any future campaigns of this nature will be advertised on our website and social media pages. You are most welcome to reapply at the time.

Best wishes for the future and stay safe.

Kind regards,

The Resource Planning Team

I have still to hear back about the customer service job. I didn't get that email so I am not sure if that is a good or bad sign.

91wx763 wrote: »
    Got this email today.....

Just got the same email. However they offered me an interview for revenue protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭gonzo1

prinzeugen wrote: »
    Just got the same email. However they offered me an interview for revenue protection.

Nice one - best of luck with the interview - if you do go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Quadrivium

Is there any rough idea when the locomotive drivers will get results? It's about 6 weeks now since the tests were completed and still not a dicky bird. Will they be released before xmas?

gonzo1 wrote: »
    Nice one - best of luck with the interview - if you do go for it!

Thanks. Gone for it. Little chance of finding something else with the current situation.
    Quadrivium wrote: »
    Is there any rough idea when the locomotive drivers will get results? It's about 6 weeks now since the tests were completed and still not a dicky bird. Will they be released before xmas?

It was about 2 months last time round if I remember right.

I'm hearing rumours that emails have been sent out today for the locomotive driver position.

Everyone will be biting their nails now waiting on the outcome, including me 😆

Good luck to you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Jujubeans

I'm hearing rumours that emails have been sent out today for the locomotive driver position.

Everyone will be biting their nails now waiting on the outcome, including me ��

Good luck to you all.

I just got the email from OPC regarding my results of the online tests

Jujubeans wrote: »
    I just got the email from OPC regarding my results of the online tests

How did you get on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Jujubeans

How did you get on?

I was successful thankfully. It said my results have been passed to the HR department, when there are vacancies irish rail will start to invite successful candidates to face to face assessment centres. Good luck with yours

I was successful thankfully. It said my results have been passed to the HR department, when there are vacancies irish rail will start to invite successful candidates to face to face assessment centres. Good luck with yours

I got the same... passed! Delighted

Good news, fair play. I wonder how long it will be from now until HR get in touch.....the waiting continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 071Class

Also got the email to say that I passed.

Thank you for your application for the role of locomotive driver with Iarnród Éireann‐Irish Rail. We have now scored your three online assessment tools (the concentration test, rules test and the situational judgement test). We are pleased to inform you that you have met the standard required on each of these assessment tools. There were a large number of candidates who completed these tests but only a minority were successful. Congratulations on meeting the standard.

Now the waiting game continues.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭ Natalie Blue Veteran

Unsuccessful again.....

Unsuccessful again.....

Sorry to hear that, keep the faith. As difficult as that may be.

071Class wrote: »

Now the waiting game continues.......

Indeed. I'm going to take the forget about it now unless an email comes in approach

Passed also for the second time.

It could be up to a year before some of us hear anything more!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 071Class

Would love to know how many applications that they received this time around considering the application process was only online for 2 or 3 days.

I would suspect anyone that applied for Dublin depots are likely to hear something sooner as that is where the biggest demand for drivers will be over the next few years with all of the additional DART services planned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Rootsblower

071Class wrote: »
    Would love to know how many applications that they received this time around considering the application process was only online for 2 or 3 days.

I would suspect anyone that applied for Dublin depots are likely to hear something sooner as that is where the biggest demand for drivers will be over the next few years with all of the additional DART services planned.

The application process closed when the number of applicants reached 5000 in about 27 hours I believe.

The first time IE received circa 24000 applications.

Advertisement