Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bellingsmore, Kilmartin Dublin 15

Options
  • 29-09-2020 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,

I was planning on buying a house in Bellingsmore, Kilmartin, D15.

Can anyone help me on the below questions:
    - Is the area good and commutable to city center?
    - Does anyone have any idea on what the house prices were for Phase 1 and how much would they increase by for Phase 2?
    - Any idea on whether the area will develop in the next 5-10 years?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

deedy27 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I was planning on buying a house in Bellingsmore, Kilmartin, D15.

Can anyone help me on the below questions:
    - Does anyone have any idea on what the house prices were for Phase 1 and how much would they increase by for Phase 2?

Many thanks.

- going by google maps it looks like it would take ~1 hour to get to IFSC from Bellingsmore via public transport or 25 minutes via car

- Phase 2 is open now on daft starting at 355k, which is 5k higher than phase 1 starting price. So it is probably 5k more across the board

- You can check this out to get an idea of the types of Development' that might be allowed in the area: https://www.fingal.ie/kilmartin-local-area-plan

From skimming the plans it looks promising. Low density with cycling infrastructure being prioritised. But with the Hollystown golf course now owned by Glenveagh, they are trying to push through a high density new development. Which has been initially blocked by planning board. Right now, Bellingsmore and Hollywoodrath neighbourhoods are very suburban with little reason to be in the neighbourhoods unless you live there. The surroundings are mostly farmland, fields and Hollystown golf course. But the area could be very very different in 5-10 years depending on the development on that old golf course.

We bought a house in Bellingsmore, so I'm on the optimistic side. But also not afraid of selling up in 5 years time if the developments are not going the way we want them.

Advertisement