Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Failed my PLC don’t know of any other options

• 28-09-2020 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

My dream is do to biological and chemical sciences in either UCC or UCD, I got less than 100 points in my leaving due to being in hospital for most of it, I then did a plc and achieved four distinctions but was unsuccessful in a module therefore I didn’t get any offers on the CAO, by the time I realised this it was too late to repeat the exam. All of the plcs in my area are full as are the waiting lists for them. I have no idea what to do now, I have no chance of getting into university and genuinely just want to die at this stage. I don’t know if there’s any online courses available or if they’re worth my while doing.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,088 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Speak to your PLC coordinator.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭manonboard

luciphyr wrote: »
    My dream is do to biological and chemical sciences in either UCC or UCD, I got less than 100 points in my leaving due to being in hospital for most of it, I then did a plc and achieved four distinctions but was unsuccessful in a module therefore I didn’t get any offers on the CAO, by the time I realised this it was too late to repeat the exam. All of the plcs in my area are full as are the waiting lists for them. I have no idea what to do now, I have no chance of getting into university and genuinely just want to die at this stage. I don’t know if there’s any online courses available or if they’re worth my while doing.

Speak to your PLC coordinator etc as suggested.

After that, just because it seems super serious to you. Please remember that there is next year which is already flying closer, where you can retry whatever you need to retry in most cases.
    As you failed a module, and failed to register for a repeat exam, after bad leaving cert (i know you were sick), I'd perhaps suggest you might find it useful to consider what you could do different next time to ensure those habits that held you back are gone.
    You obviously sound ambitious so i hope you find ways to remove those blockers.
    Have you put together a list of possible paths you can go down now which will right things for yourself next year? I know its not the timeframe you want, but we cant let ourselves ever get blocked, only delayed. That way, it's only ever a time adjustment until we find success where we want.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,088 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Closing this as there is at least one other version of it cross-posted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement