Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

• 21-09-2020 9:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭

Lovely, crisp and wintery this morning :)
    Post edited by Posy on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Good morning Elves I am back, I hope everyone is well all things considered, I been catching up on this thread I had to catch up since before Valentines

I missed you lot I don't know how I let it go that long without posting, you Elves and Christmas were not far from my mind I promise xx

I have started my Christmas shopping and I'm up to date now on this thread I will have to check out the others on the forum I'm looking forward to it I have my Christmas mojo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

SarahLil wrote: »
    Good morning Elves I am back, I hope everyone is well all things considered, I been catching up on this thread I had to catch up since before Valentines

I missed you lot I don't know how I let it go that long without posting, you Elves and Christmas were not far from my mind I promise xx

I have started my Christmas shopping and I'm up to date now on this thread I will have to check out the others on the forum I'm looking forward to it I have my Christmas mojo

Welcome back Sarah :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,102 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Great to see the influx of new posters & the return of some old posters in the last few days/week. A real sign that we're coming towards the most wonderful time of the year.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Was just making a cuppa down in the kitchen and writing a list of things i have to do today. My wife comes in and says 'You love a good list don't you?' and walked out. Went back upstairs humming 'He's making a list, he's checking it twice......' :D

TRS30 wrote: »
    Lovely, crisp and wintery this morning :)

Certainly was crisp this morning, I love it :)

• Advertisement

No crisp here yet, but the leaves were nice and crunchy this morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭antimatterx

DvB wrote: »
    Great to see the influx of new posters & the return of some old posters in the last few days/week. A real sign that we're coming towards the most wonderful time of the year.

I love the start of Autumn and as we approach Halloween. When the temperature starts to drop, we know thats it's almost time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I usually don't start Christmas shopping until November, but with the way things are now, I have started looking into buying stuff now for people. I think it best to start early this time round.

TRS30 wrote: »
    Was just making a cuppa down in the kitchen and writing a list of things i have to do today. My wife comes in and says 'You love a good list don't you?' and walked out. Went back upstairs humming 'He's making a list, he's checking it twice......' :D

Talking of lists, just made a quick Christmas card list for our house and my mothers, I am always short of cards and by the time I realise I am short a few, there is always very little left in the shops, I think this year cards will be big :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,140 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Now I over think things but last night I was thinking of the Christmas Dinner.
    A lot of people go to family, out for dinner and this year they may stay at home and get their own turkey, etc.
    So they might be an extra demand for them and other things this year. It’s just something to bare in mind to not leave to go to late or have a frozen one just Incase you depending on a supermarket.

• Advertisement

Now I over think things but last night I was thinking of the Christmas Dinner.
    A lot of people go to family, out for dinner and this year they may stay at home and get their own turkey, etc.
    So they might be an extra demand for them and other things this year. It’s just something to bare in mind to not leave to go to late or have a frozen one just Incase you depending on a supermarket.

Great thinking FP, I never thought of it to be honest in regards to Christmas
    Although I was saying to my mother the weekend that my local butcher would be busy this weekend, when we had the first lock down a lot more people were cooking roasts at home he told me he was out the door

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Good to have you back amongst the Elves, SarahLil !

• Registered Users Posts: 30,140 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I wonder will any company bring out a Christmas Hand sanitizer this year?
    Or a special one for Santa to use for when he visits.

Get your Mince pie smelling sanitizer........when its gone, it's gone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Jude13

Bath and body works have had these out previously, my eldest loved them

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

SarahLil wrote: »

Welcome back Sarah!! We missed ya! :D
    otnomart wrote: »

Ooooh interested! I love candy cane mint.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Folks for only the second time ever on here, it is almost time to lock our Chat thread as it is reaching 10,000 posts.

To mark the occasion we are looking for suggestions for a thread name for the new chat thread, best answers will be put to a vote! :)

Loughc wrote: »
    Folks for only the second time ever on here, it is almost time to lock our Chat thread as it is reaching 10,000 posts.

To mark the occasion we are looking for suggestions for a thread name for the new chat thread, best answers will be put to a vote! :)

Love it.

I'm brutal for stuff like this but for now will start the ball rolling with

"any more tinsel for the tree - Christmas chat part 3"

or

"anyone for a turkey sandwich - Christmas chat part 3"
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

The Elves play room

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭gidget

Deck The Halls

I'm going to go with a nice simple one for my suggestion - "The Grotto" - Christmas Chat Thread.

This feels monumental.....are you going to make a speech???

Rudolph got run over by grandma
    Santa's place
    Christmas crackers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭screamer

Stuff the pandemic- it’s time to talk turkey

"Its beginning to look a lot like the christmas chat thread"

screamer wrote: »
    Stuff the pandemic- it’s time to talk turkey
    DvB wrote: »
    "Its beginning to look a lot like the christmas chat thread"

Oh I really like these two!

Keep em coming :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

Smells like Christmas spirit :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

The Elves' Break Room

Elves on the Shelves

Tinsel Talk

The Stocking Fillers

Inside the Pudding Bowl

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

Here a few I like

Christmas is in our Hearts,
    Do You Hear What I Hear,
    I’ll be Home for Christmas,
    Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer,
    The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

• Advertisement

Don't you mean... Santa-tizer :D

Advertisement