Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

A winner a day........

• 02-12-2019 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

So just to try discipline myself I am going to pick 1 horse each day to win.
    Going to go for short price horses but can't be less than even money.
    Straight €10 win each day.
    Limited on racing today but going to start with the Bumper (3.30) in Plumpton today.
    Kilconny Bridge winner of a P to P and sold for €75,000 after. Not much form to go on in the race so it's a bit of an unknown and dodgy selection for Day 1!
    She goes off at 11/10 Bet365.
    Not normally 1 for short priced horses but will give it a go. Not recommending anyone to follow!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

It’s a she. :D Well I’d hope it is cause we bred it and won its P2P with her. :D She’s a half sister to Benny’s Bridge who won his bumper nicely. Hoping she does the job today, she’s a lovely horse. Good luck with the bets.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

The Goat just layed it.

Maximo v Goat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

Johner wrote: »
    It’s a she. :D Well I’d hope it is cause we bred it and won its P2P with her. :D She’s a half sister to Benny’s Bridge who won his bumper nicely. Hoping she does the job today, she’s a lovely horse. Good luck with the bets.

I was just about to change it!!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

This is the one you posted about the other day? Good stuff Johner.

ASOT wrote: »
    This is the one you posted about the other day? Good stuff Johner.

That was a Getaway foal who would be a half brother to this one running now! The family is coming together nicely and it’s building up a nice page!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

That was a Getaway foal who would be a half brother to this one running now! The family is coming together nicely and it’s building up a nice page!

Good luck with everything yous seem to be doing well!

The Mig wrote: »
    The Goat just layed it.

Maximo v Goat

:pac::pac::pac: The poor goat will probably get it right the 1 time i give it a go!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

Do you also have the Christmas money on maximo?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

If only they always won as easy as that!! Profitable start anyway.
    +11.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Nearly a point for every length it won by. Nice start Maximo

• Registered Users Posts: 16,373 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

The Mig wrote: »
    The Goat just layed it.

Maximo v Goat

Goatie got a tip from the breeder, said it was a useless yoke of a thing whose next stop was the glue factory.

Going with Loveherandleaveher in the 12.30 Southwell tomorrow.
    Taken 11/8 on her. €10 win again.
    Has winning P to P experience so hoping this will stand to her in her first chase start.
    Has been very unlucky in two hurdle races with being brought down and knocked against causing her to fall , i'm hoping the smaller field will keep her from danger.
    The form of her P to P and hurdle races is pretty decent too with winners coming out of them.
    Couple of horses here with more NH experience so taking a chance on her being ready on her 1st run since February to beat them home.
    (A little write up to make it more interesting!!:pac:)

Short lived! Finished 2nd. Mistake at the 2nd last didn't help but i think she was beaten anyway even if she did stay on. Had jumped well till the mistake too.
    +1

Didnt realise how much time this would take up!:o
    Already learning the difficulties and only going into my 3rd day.
    Anyway tomorrow i have come down on Paul Nicholls' Sabrina in the Bumper at Southwell , 3.45. I have taken 9/4 on her.
    Third mare in a row!
    Not a lot of form in the race to go on. Williams horse carrying a winners penalty from France where the ones behind haven't franked the form. Lex Elevens 2nd doesn't seem overly strong. Little bit of an unknown after that.
    Sabrina ran a decent race to finish 2nd first time out. Winner hasn't raced since but i 'cross referenced' form of the horses in behind and there is some decent form there, if not spectacular. She ran a decent race and the winner seemed to get a slight headstart on her but she was a comfortable 2nd. Very slight drop in trip here also hopefully helps.

Ludlow abandoned. :mad:
    May pick another one if time allows......

Kissesforkatie (12.55 Wincanton) 9/4.
    Decent mares maiden hurdle where I'll take a chance on Kissesforkatie.
    She has some high quality results to her name even if wins have been scarce.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

maximo31 wrote: »

Well done,

Done it well enough in fairness.
    +23.50

Well done Maximo, great start.

• Advertisement

Espoir De Guye (2.35 Exeter) @ 7/4.
    Looks a bit of a 2 horse race to me here,my choice and Keep Moving.
    Espoir De Guye was 2nd behind Simply the Betts last time out which could be decent enough form. Third and fifth have come out and won since. Has been backed on its last 2 runs so seems like they think highly enough of him.
    Ground shouldn't be an issue and Venita's horses are going well.
    He held and entry for the 1.20 at Sandown but i'm hoping the decison to come here instead running off bottom weight pays off.......

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭MaxBet

Well done today , tomorrow’s pick looks solid too . Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 17,962 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Espoir De Guye (2.35 Exeter) @ 7/4.
    Looks a bit of a 2 horse race to me here,my choice and Keep Moving.
    Espoir De Guye was 2nd behind Simply the Betts last time out which could be decent enough form. Third and fifth have come out and won since. Has been backed on its last 2 runs so seems like they think highly enough of him.
    Ground shouldn't be an issue and Venita's horses are going well.
    He held and entry for the 1.20 at Sandown but i'm hoping the decison to come here instead running off bottom weight pays off.......

On this, a chap I follow on Twitter has also put it up.

https://twitter.com/roryfitz15/status/1202714028705034241

On this, a chap I follow on Twitter has also put it up.

https://twitter.com/roryfitz15/status/1202714028705034241

I actually follow him on Twitter too. He is a fair man to pick them so when i saw he picked it as well it was a confidence boost! :)

Comes home well enough in first, returned at even money.
    +41

• Registered Users Posts: 17,962 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Giddy up Maximo, won very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭MaxBet

Nice one

Today's winner is hangover.....
    Work night out so dying now and too shook to pick one.
    Probably would have been Fiddlerontheroof but that is odds on now anyway so no bet today.

Ask Himself (12.15 Kelso) @6/5. A weak enough looking race and now with the Tom George horse a NR it's given my selection a better chance.
    Has some good placed form including a second to Young Bull who won well again today.

• Advertisement

Disappointing. Went off 1/2 but faded badly. Winner won it very well.
    +31.

Advertisement