Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I wouldn't eat anything out of that rusty machine!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I just got a copy of Super Princess Peach for my DS, after giving my previous one away with a spare DS Lite to a friend.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

After the chat about Everybody's Golf I picked it up, for a fiver, for the Vita in Xtravision.
    An always solid franchise that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    After the chat about Everybody's Golf I picked it up, for a fiver, for the Vita in Xtravision.

I'd go so far as to say it's great. It's always there at launch for a sony console and always gets ignored. It's made by the same team that makes the mario golf games (and the old megadrive shining force games) and plays just like them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Thoroughly enjoyed the vita version, it plays really nice. I have the PS1 version too that I must try out some time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Picked up this lovely rgb'd PC-Engine from Steve yesterday and my recently refurb'd Hanty arcade monitor

15677430672_29d066b82d_c.jpg

Also got one of these TV yokes just to see if a raspberry pi would fit, might just manage it :)

15490453578_d1bb7d4e2c_c.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Last bit of spending before the Xmas rush, picked this up cheap. I know the conversions aren't the best, but for less than a tenner I wasn't going to turn it down

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You were robbed. They're absolutely terrible. They don't even run at full speed. The rubbish home brew emulators do a better job.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You were robbed. They're absolutely terrible. They don't even run at full speed. The rubbish home brew emulators do a better job.

I had a quick blast of Sonic 1 & Sonic 3 on a DS yesterday evening, indeed they're not great. As a classic Sonic fanboy though, I kinda had to buy it :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Myrddin wrote: »
    I had a quick blast of Sonic 1 & Sonic 3 on a DS yesterday evening, indeed they're not great. As a classic Sonic fanboy though, I kinda had to buy it :o

Have that DS collection too and didn't think they're the worst in the world. They keep the youngsters happy anyway. Speaking of the Christmas rush, will be doing a Smyth's run next week - must resist buying Lego for myself! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Andrew76 wrote: »
    must resist buying Lego for myself! :pac:

Lego Advent calender for the win!
    Have my lads calender waiting to go!

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Have that DS collection too and didn't think they're the worst in the world. They keep the youngsters happy anyway. Speaking of the Christmas rush, will be doing a Smyth's run next week - must resist buying Lego for myself! :pac:

Yeah thought the same myself, not the best but not the worst...they're ok for a quick fix kinda thing. Talking of Xmas, yeah, few bits to get, namely an Xbox One for the son. I was gonna get the Sky Box Sunset Overdrive bundle for him but the game just seems bland/generic. I'll wait & see if Smyths & co offer custom bundles closer to Xmas. A Master Chief Collection bundle for €350 would be nice!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Myrddin wrote: »
    Yeah thought the same myself, not the best but not the worst...they're ok for a quick fix kinda thing. Talking of Xmas, yeah, few bits to get, namely an Xbox One for the son. I was gonna get the Sky Box Sunset Overdrive bundle for him but the game just seems bland/generic. I'll wait & see if Smyths & co offer custom bundles closer to Xmas. A Master Chief Collection bundle for €350 would be nice!

Keep an eye on Argos too, I see a few threads in Bargain Alerts with folks getting deals.

Lol I just fired up Sonic 1 on the Trini, the eldest tells me "Sonic is better on my Nintendo..." (meaning the collection). That kids needs some education retr0 would say! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,426 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Well here's something to put into the 'useless but couldn't resist' category. :D

N64 DD from a guy on AO.

The down side, it currently doesn't work.
    The plus side - it was only £20!

Even if it only acts as a pedestal for my 64, it was worth it for that.

qRcatKd_zps139d612a.jpg

Very nice, if you ever decide to sell, let me know :D

Lads I just picked up a biggie,
    The stars aligned for me and after weeks/months it happened.........stay tuned :)

urbanledge wrote: »
    The stars aligned for me and after weeks/months it happened.........stay tuned :)

Come on Pictures, what did you get?
    Its definitely a pinball anyway.

Come on Pictures, what did you get?
    Its definitely a pinball anyway.

You'll have to wait.
    Im still in shock myself that I got this.:eek:
    I had to go back to work after I collected it.
    so no pics till 5ish when I get home.
    stay tuned

• Registered Users Posts: 34,426 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

It better make up for you going candyless :pac:

A jamma psu? ;-)

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    It better make up for you going candyless :pac:

Hay man just doing my part for the Irish candy scene.
    Imported a breading pair then released them into the wild :D

I've a new rule now.one out one in.....:rolleyes:
    (altho there's always exceptions to the rule when the $$$ allows :D )

My G/F better not have sold my pinball while I was out :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Mitchomagic

Something Fishy?

Better than fish tales!

Looks deadly, any more pics/video?

Better than fish tales!

Is this a grail get urban?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Williams White Water mucho mucho denari !!

More coming soon. Just replaced 50+ bulbs in it! Pritty good shape overall.
    Needs a savage clean.
    Not really a grail because I never thought I'd be able to get one. That's it tho.
    No more! No more!

Did you sell the lost world?

• Advertisement

Did you sell the lost world?

No I was going to but changed my mind.
    I actually really like it. Balls hard game.
    Shame the sound/art package let's it down

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement