Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coolmine community school

• 14-01-2009 9:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭

any graduates on here? let yourselves be known i graduated in 96

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭StrawDub

Graduated in 2003 - good awl school I had great craic in the place

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Graduated 2004.
    Went back to do an adult class recently, the place has lockers now and new girls toilets. In case anyone wanted to know that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Skyhawk1990

Zwillinge wrote: »
    the place has lockers now and new girls toilets.

A little done and a lot more to:rolleyes:. one permanently closed toilet, upgrading the science rooms, the need for more classrooms, new windows that let the rain and cold in, doors that are constantly broken and the list goes on.:eek:

The best one was today a complaint over the uniforms being worn with scarves or "non-uniform" costs and it can get freezing in the school!:confused: .........oh yeah and outside.:pac:

Good craic though!

ah well only few months left.:D

A little done and a lot more to:rolleyes:. one permanently closed toilet, upgrading the science rooms, the need for more classrooms, new windows that let the rain and cold in, doors that are constantly broken and the list goes on.:eek:

The best one was today a complaint over the uniforms being worn with scarves or "non-uniform" costs and it can get freezing in the school!:confused: .........oh yeah and outside.:pac:

Good craic though!

ah well only few months left.:D

So the school hasn't really changed, except for new lockers in the corridors? ;) I remember one teacher talking about them building an entire new school to replace that one :pac:
    I was walking by it the other day to the centre and saw a greenhouse/clear tent type thing beside the prefabs... Is it a greenhouse?

So the school hasn't really changed, except for new lockers in the corridors? ;)

No, not really, the only other things to report are an improved(not really it's cleaner) canteen kitchen and new red floors that you must have seen during the adult classes.
    I remember one teacher talking about them building an entire new school to replace that one :pac:?

Apparantly we were getting close (yet again) but that's gone bye bye because we have a school according to the government.:eek:
    I was walking by it the other day to the centre and saw a greenhouse/clear tent type thing beside the prefabs... Is it a greenhouse?

Yep it went up two years ago. The fun of horticulture during TY!

I think I've taken up this page with enough of a rant about the school. Sorry for hijacking it for that Kaldorn.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,475 ✭✭✭daymobrew

the place has lockers now
    I graduated in 1988 (had a 20 year reunion back in October).
    We had lockers in D corridor (and possibly in parts of B and C corridors) back then. We didn't have a covered bike shed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Hard Larry

I graduated in 1997. Wish I could go back and find that Career Guidance Teacher again. Worst advice ever.

Hard Larry wrote: »
    I graduated in 1997. Wish I could go back and find that Career Guidance Teacher again. Worst advice ever.

Good luck! There's a new one there now. Why? Do you regret joining the army?:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,993 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Graduated in 1999 and probably mitched off as much as I turned up :D

Good luck! There's a new one there now. Why? Do you regret joining the army?:P

No mate its the advice he used to give. Every option was FAS or PLC. Anything I ever suggested to him got shot down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,993 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Hard Larry, you're booked and benched! :p

EF wrote: »
    Hard Larry, you're booked and benched! :p

Ha Ha! ain't heard that in years. The amount of time I spent freezing my ass off in that corridor I could have whittled me a banjo.

it was a crazy ass punishment. A bit like the Stocks of Olde England but with out the rotten veg.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

ah lads how r ye all... I'm unfortunatly still in this damn place... its not much better than when i arrived like 5 years ago.... cept theese little upgrades that do feck all for us... like the new red floor whats with that??? and a whole load of new teachers, serio theres about 5 ms kellys now and i dont even know the rest of them, cept mabe the 1 or 2 really hot ones.. wont mention any names but im female so ppl probably know who im on about!!! lol...

yeah lockers for whoever mentioed that up there theyre better than they used to be ie they have a lock u dont have to bring ur own padlock, but they took the keys off christy so if u forget ur keys yer screwed...

and fingal are ment to be upgrading bike shead but they dont have money for a cycle lane.. not that we need it cos no1 wud use it theres just simply too many cyclists but thats what i was told...

and any1 who is still in d skul whats with the whole ms salmon goin mad about jumpers and scarves and stuff... its bloody freezing in some of thoes classes...

yeah so thats my rant about r skul... any of u grad wanna know how it has turned out just post!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

Graduated only in 2005, nearly 4 years now, wow. Although I liked Coolmine, it seems as the years go by, more and more scummers are attending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Kaldorn

where do people smoke these days..we used to smoke in B jacks or out by the prefabs...i cant see that still happening!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

Stinjy wrote: »
    ah lads how r ye all... I'm unfortunatly still in this damn place... its not much better than when i arrived like 5 years ago.... cept theese little upgrades that do feck all for us... like the new red floor whats with that??? and a whole load of new teachers, serio theres about 5 ms kellys now and i dont even know the rest of them, cept mabe the 1 or 2 really hot ones.. wont mention any names but im female so ppl probably know who im on about!!! lol...

yeah lockers for whoever mentioed that up there theyre better than they used to be ie they have a lock u dont have to bring ur own padlock, but they took the keys off christy so if u forget ur keys yer screwed...

and fingal are ment to be upgrading bike shead but they dont have money for a cycle lane.. not that we need it cos no1 wud use it theres just simply too many cyclists but thats what i was told...

and any1 who is still in d skul whats with the whole ms salmon goin mad about jumpers and scarves and stuff... its bloody freezing in some of thoes classes...

yeah so thats my rant about r skul... any of u grad wanna know how it has turned out just post!

Stopped teaching English there have they?

I graduated in 2003 alongside that Strawdub character, although I don't echo his sentiments about it being a great school although did meet all the lads there.

The science rooms were funny, gotta love the radiators high up beside the windows, oh the irony.

I was the one who mentioned the lockers, when I was there we had lockers in the ends of B and D I think. But now they have them in the malls, where most of the lunchtime eating on benches occurred.

Haha, I loved how the radiators were above us just under the windows :rolleyes: And how the art teacher told my friend to gather sand from the sand pits, but not to let any PE teachers know...they didn't like their sand being stolen :D

yes more and more scummer defo!! u should see the first years! 12 and theyre smoking.... unbelievable.... ppl have their places for smoking but atm ms salmon is "clamping down" on everything!

and yes they do still teach english... i have a pretty good english teacher and im doin well its just on the comp that i dont bother!

tbh tho it really is a good school full of life experiences that you wont get anywhere else!:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,002 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

and yes they do still teach english... i have a pretty good english teacher and im doin well its just on the comp that i dont bother!

You need to bother though when you're posting on Boards, Txt spk is not welcome in any of the fora.

Impress us instead with the skills you've learned in the Queen's English!

Oh, I'm sorry I wasn't aware, this is my first time on boards. I just happened to come across this page by accident and decided to have a look.I love seeing what you guys think of what has happened to the school since you left and it's cool hearing what it was like before it became well what it is today... i wont say anything! just be glad you're gone. :p

• Advertisement

just be glad you're gone.

To be honest we're the lucky ones because for all the things that are wrong at the moment they were worse before now. Personally at this stage I'd say focus on the end of it. However, if the small things such as the scarves can be sorted out it'll be something.

Lockers at the end of B and D? They were all squashed down in C when I was in first year. ah well i suppose it keeps students on their toes.

True they probably were alot worse, and the lockers when i came were in C beside Mr Synnott's class room now... and they were old, small and "bandy" and you had to bring your own padlock!

I dont think down the end of C and D would work now look how chaotic it is even with the malls! as it said on the minutes of the last student council meeting "There is reported to be a problem with 1st years and lockers, it seems the problem is the 1st years"...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Im gone now 2 years.

That school changed so much from when I started there 8 years ago. Every year it just kept getting worse and worse. With the introduction to "caomhnoir" (or however you spell it) classes after lunch, no more fu**ing your bag outside your class before lunch or where ever you liked, all the railings around the school, the whole no jumpers thing. The list could go on. It's that ms. salmon one she's nuts.

Also by the time I was leaving in 06/07 the school was full of new teachers & subs. I think there was 3 or 4 teachers out on maternity aswel during my LC year.

Jeeze gone 2 years you've missed alot.. Caoimhneoir is now before lunch from 5 to 1 to 5 past 1 and lunch goes untill 2. and the new teachers i realised we have a 2nd Ms Byrne and apperently shes here since last year. this yeah though looooaaads of new teachers have come in... Remember Mrs Towmey, well now here daughter is teaching there too its madness you dint even know who the teachers are or if theyre just people out of unifom now, a couple were asked one day by older teachers where their uniforms were.. Funny stuffs...

thr railings are a joke you have to walk liek al the way roound the school to get to the basketball court and its just awful its like a prison, and the new doors now, they open like fire doors but some people have realised how you can lock them so you cant get in from outside, so today friday afternoon i couldnt go through the end of D C or B!

Jeeze gone 2 years you've missed alot.. Caoimhneoir is now before lunch from 5 to 1 to 5 past 1 and lunch goes untill 2. and the new teachers i realised we have a 2nd Ms Byrne and apperently shes here since last year. this yeah though looooaaads of new teachers have come in... Remember Mrs Towmey, well now here daughter is teaching there too its madness you dint even know who the teachers are or if theyre just people out of unifom now, a couple were asked one day by older teachers where their uniforms were.. Funny stuffs...

thr railings are a joke you have to walk liek al the way roound the school to get to the basketball court and its just awful its like a prison, and the new doors now, they open like fire doors but some people have realised how you can lock them so you cant get in from outside, so today friday afternoon i couldnt go through the end of D C or B!

What's Caoimhneoir??

Lunch til 2, spoiled ye are ;)

What does Towmey Jnr teach? English?

OK, Caoimhneoir is a 10 minute class in which basically you sit there and do nothing, the idea was that you could talk to your caoimhneoir and they can tell you what is happning in the school and you can discuss problems but ever since it started that hasnt been the case.. we had caoimhneoirs when we were in 1st year (4+ 1/2 years ago) but not like this, it was jst said that a certain teacher was your caoimhneoir. Basically its a class to waist time because they changed the timetable to facilitate caoimhneoir after lunch in which the roll for the 2nd half of the day was taken to make sure everyone was back after lunch and they just left the time table like that, your caoimhneoir is also one of your options teachers and your class name instead of being named after your english teacher, ie 5O'Reilly 5Hayden, 5 McNamara... etc

ah yeah lunch untill 2 but lunch doesnt start untill 5 past one, I dunno the school has gone mad... mad i tells ya! xD

Twomey Jnr teaches business and thats all i know....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

I started there in 99' I think, dropped out in 5th year. I have the privileged of being the first person in that school to have blue hair (and keep it). I remember the place fondly, some of the teachers were truly gas. I still remember my wood work teacher tearing into the metal work teacher any time he came into the room.

Nice job, Blue hair was Ms McPip annoyed??? lol... who were your wood work and metal work teachers?

My english teacher takes it out of half the people in my class its so funny because hes so scarscastic...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

Nice job, Blue hair was Ms McPip annoyed??? lol... who were your wood work and metal work teachers?

My english teacher takes it out of half the people in my class its so funny because hes so scarscastic...

Ms Quirk was the year head at the time and yes she was pissed:P She grew to like it though over time as I flat out refused to change it until I was good and ready (the next color was was bright red).

My wood and metal work teachers were the great mr carpenter(from roscommon) and mr healy. Together they made a great comedic duo.

Who is your english teacher?

• Advertisement

Hellm0 wrote: »
    Ms Quirk was the year head at the time and yes she was pissed:P She grew to like it though over time as I flat out refused to change it until I was good and ready (the next color was was bright red).

My wood and metal work teachers were the great mr carpenter(from roscommon) and mr healy. Together they made a great comedic duo.

Who is your english teacher?

Hehe, Ms Quirk was my yearhead too! And I attended in '99. Damn, we know each other somehow :P

Advertisement