Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Go-Ahead Dublin City Routes - Updates and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭soundman45

Seems Go Ahead have zero chance of parking busses at the harbour so.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,984 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

soundman45 wrote: »
    Seems Go Ahead have zero chance of parking busses at the harbour so.

agreed.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Two of the large bus stop heads with the generic blue bus signs near the junction & traffic lights of Monkstown Avenue are still not updated with the 63A marked on them. They both have basic A4 paper timetables from The other bus stops on Monkstown Avenue & Monkstown Farm also all have the basic A4 paper timetables for the 63/63A on them from the NTA.

There were a lot of the newer/transferred GAI double deckers going through Monkstown Farm this morning. No ex DB GT's yet though. One of the newer buses was doing some driver training with other GAI staff beside the driver on the way to Dun Laoghaire.

Does anyone know if the new streetlites are meant to be on that route soon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Two of the large bus stop heads with the generic blue bus signs near the junction & traffic lights of Monkstown Avenue are still not updated with the 63A marked on them. They both have basic A4 paper timetables from The other bus stops on Monkstown Avenue & Monkstown Farm also all have the basic A4 paper timetables for the 63/63A on them from the NTA.

There were a lot of the newer/transferred GAI double deckers going through Monkstown Farm this morning. No ex DB GT's yet though. One of the newer buses was doing some driver training with other GAI staff beside the driver on the way to Dun Laoghaire.

Does anyone know if the new streetlites are meant to be on that route soon?

I think the timetables may be updated once GAI start operating the 184, 185 and 111 they are using the old and temporary ones in the meantime as some stops are shared between the routes which have yet to transfer and ones which have already transferred. It's a guess and I hope it's right and those temporary looking timetables aren't here to stay.

The Streetlites are due to enter service on the 111, 184 and 185 at the weekend. I don't know if they'll be on the 63 maybe after more routes transfer over. The 63 seems to be quite busy lately perhaps even justifying the dd at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭belfast stephen

Does anyone know if and where you can get paper copies of the Timetables for the Go Ahead routes

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if and where you can get paper copies of the Timetables for the Go Ahead routes

I doubt there's a huge demand for them

That maybe the case but always good to be able to have a paper copy of the timetable

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

That maybe the case but always good to be able to have a paper copy of the timetable

Print them off yourself.

I would be very surprised if they have any as they have no premises where the public can go.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

Print them off yourself.

I would be very surprised if they have any as they have no premises where the public can go.

Printed A5 booklet style timetables have been door dropped to alot of the local areas on routes. I'm sure an email to the customer comment address will yield some

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭KD345

Printed A5 booklet style timetables have been door dropped to alot of the local areas on routes. I'm sure an email to the customer comment address will yield some

Can anyone confirm if TFI has carried out a similar leaflet drop for the timetable changes on Dublin Bus routes?

• Advertisement

Print them off yourself.

NTA head office on Harcourt Street is open to the public. They'd be the ones responsible for that kind of thing not Go-Ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Stephen15 wrote: »
    NTA head office on Harcourt Street is open to the public. They'd be the ones responsible for that kind of thing not Go-Ahead.

Well db have it all at their head office but saying that I would guess they no longer have time table for routes that are gone.

Well db have it all at their head office but saying that I would guess they no longer have time table for routes that are gone.

Go-Ahead operated buses are purely a matter for the NTA not Go-Ahead themselves. DB keep their own fare revenue GAI do not.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ax586

rx8 wrote: »
    Apparently, the NTA overlooked another very important item.... THE FAREBOX MONEY.
    GAI are not obliged to count or pass it on to the NTA, as it's not seemingly in their contract. Sitting in a corner in bags in Ballymount, awaiting collection. Whenever the NTA gets around to it.

Also, the issue of DB looking after the lost property is an absolute joke. WTF are they smoking in O'Connell St. They say they can't afford to turn down the money they're being paid to collect it.

That’s a load of pony..I see G4S going into Ballymount every second day collecting fares

I just got an email today about the November issue of Buses Magazine. It includes a brand new article about Go-Ahead Ireland in Ballymount and plans for further expansion across Ireland.
    ON A MISSION
    In its second major bus venture beyond the UK, Go-Ahead Group has started operating the first of 30 franchised routes in the Dublin area and has ambitions of doing much more across Ireland.

7526.jpg

I just got an email today about the November issue of Buses Magazine. It includes a brand new article about Go-Ahead Ireland in Ballymount and plans for further expansion across Ireland.

7526.jpg

The Wright eclipse 3 single decker on the front page there is what the NTA probably should have gone for instead of the Streetlites.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,445 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I seen a streetlite in Bray the other day, about 930am turning left down Florence road, presume it was a practice run. Not sure of the livery though as I was focused on my own use of the road.

Print them off yourself.

I dropped Go Ahead an E-mail and they are going to post some timetables out to me

Another thing I have noticed on GAI buses is signs mentioning a €100 penalty fare for passengers who do not pay either the fare or the correct fare. How is this possible though as GAI or the NTA have yet to hire any revenue protection officers?

Another thing I have noticed on GAI buses is signs mentioning a €100 penalty fare for passengers who do not pay either the fare or the correct fare. How is this possible though as GAI or the NTA have yet to hire any revenue protection officers?

That penalty fare is applied for invalid tickets on Dublin Bus. Was there any GAI branding displayed on these signs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭john boye

I've noticed many GAI vehicles don't have any GAI branding on the exterior and none seem to have any legal details (company name and address etc) or capacity and weight limits, aren't they legal requirements?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭tabbey

Presumably the NTA as owner, considers itself above the law.
    Not surprising considering that the minister himself makes representations to NTA, as though he was a mere citizen.

john boye wrote: »
    I've noticed many GAI vehicles don't have any GAI branding on the exterior and none seem to have any legal details (company name and address etc) or capacity and weight limits, aren't they legal requirements?

There is it’s on the left hand side right behind the front door and the Go-Ahead is on that side aswel

GAI are in the process of hiring revenue officers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭john boye

ax586 wrote: »
    There is it’s on the left hand side right behind the front door and the Go-Ahead is on that side aswel

Ah OK, I was looking in the wrong place!

ax586 wrote: »
    GAI are in the process of hiring revenue officers

Not advertised on their website. I hope they do as I'd consider applying myself although Ballymount is a bit out of the way for me as I'm looking for a start in the transport industry.

Not advertised on their website. I hope they do as I'd consider applying myself although Ballymount is a bit out of the way for me as I'm looking for a start in the transport industry.

One of the managers said they are..some drivers are interested in it and said it be advertised soon

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭SG317

For those that were giving Dublin Bus an extremely hard time, for not posting the transfer of routes 45A, 59, 63 and 75, until the second day of the routes being operated by Go Ahead. Dublin Bus has announced in advance that routes 111, 184 and 185 will be operated by Go Ahead from tomorrow, they have even posted a picture of Go Ahead's logo. Interestingly enough though those same people that constantly blame Dublin Bus for just about everything eventhough it's not Dublin Bus's fault, I don't find them here now praising Dublin Bus for this move. Especially considering they have even mentioned there will be timetable changes. Maybe it just doesn't suit some people's anti-Dublin Bus agenda. Sorry for the rant, it is just frustrating how Dublin Bus is given such a hard time by some people and held to some ridiculously high standards compared to other operators and transport organisations.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

SG317 wrote: »
    For those that were giving Dublin Bus an extremely hard time, for not posting the transfer of routes 45A, 59, 63 and 75, until the second day of the routes being operated by Go Ahead. Dublin Bus has announced in advance that routes 111, 184 and 185 will be operated by Go Ahead from tomorrow, they have even posted a picture of Go Ahead's logo. Interestingly enough though those same people that constantly blame Dublin Bus for just about everything eventhough it's not Dublin Bus's fault, I don't find them here now praising Dublin Bus for this move. Especially considering they have even mentioned there will be timetable changes. Maybe it just doesn't suit some people's anti-Dublin Bus agenda. Sorry for the rant, it is just frustrating how Dublin Bus is given such a hard time by some people and held to some ridiculously high standards compared to other operators and transport organisations.

I don't really remember this complaint in this thread, tbh.

• Advertisement

SG317 wrote: »

DB/NTA/GAI have learned their lesson they hardly deserve praise for doing what they are supposed to be doing. Should we praise DB, GAI or the NTA for doing their job no.

I can't speak for other posters here but I don't have an anti DB agenda or a pro GAI or pro NTA agenda but a rather an agenda that favours an efficient integrated public transport system I think most would agree. I will give DB, GAI, IE, Transdev, BE or the NTA credit when credit is due and will crictise them when criticism is due.

Advertisement